1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 4/17/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Dwyane Wade is now an exceptional off the ball player, coming from someone who had never really done it in his life. Do I think Lin can develop those skills? sure but Harden coming so late meant he wasn't aware that was going to be his game, so there was no pre season to develop it.

There was a great example of it against phoenix, where parson was in the corner, delfino pulled his man miles out, but Lin took forever to react to what would essentially have been a wide open layup, but really he needs an offseason to develop it.

2. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Another positive--This game plus the playoffs will very much determine whether McHale is the longterm coach for us.

You would hope that knowing the inconsistencies of youth, our coach would put them in the best possible situation to succeed. But it seems he can't.

If we don't get DHoward, I don't think we will re-sign McHale after 2013-2014. Hopefully we change him sooner.

3. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

I agree that Rockets FO and Les will evaluate Mchale by how he performs this game and in playoffs.

If by the end of our playoffs run, 80% of fans here support his return, we know Rockets will have a great post season.

The best case scenario?
    Beat Lakers, beat Spurs, beat Nuggets/Warriors, and lose to OKC WC Finals.

The worst case scenario?
    Lose to Lakers and totally getting embarrassed by OKC in a sweep. yipe!

4. instar

instar Member

watching Smith guard Pau is gonna be painful. on the other hand, Pau is slow as hell so he should be able to attack the basket especially on transition.

5. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

What are you talking about? McHale is one of the greatest reasons this team does so well... perhaps he is not 100% in all departements, but very rare are the experts which are 100% in everything they do in general, let alone basketball experts or coaches... no coach is 100% in all departments...

6. peter2012

peter2012 Member

DeAleck, where are you? I am waitting for your prediction.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Refs for tonight are Ken Mauer, Eric Lewis, & Gary Zielinski

8. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

Anybody else having trouble working today?? This game needs to get here

9. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ken Mauer is a really solid official. Feeling better.

10. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Unless Lin grows a beard. The twin beards, lol

11. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

12. steady

steady Member

Terrence Jones had a pretty good game against the Lakers on 11/19, including a monster dunk against one of their reserves. He was 4/7 shooting, 4 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, and 1 blocked shot, in only 20 minutes of play. Hope he gets some time tonight.

13. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

14. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Man, this game is going to be off the hook. It's gonna be physical and I imagine a few tussles. I'm always happy to see Artest but, Metta the Laker means crap to me. Bring it on. I literally can't wait. I'm dying here to see what our boys are gonna do. If we kill it tomorrow I'm gonna be stoked for the playoffs, bad odds or not! Let's go Rockets!!!

15. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

You're reading it wrong. But it isn't looking good. These refs give home teams a pretty good chance every game.

16. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

What you want to bet to draw the heat away....instead of screwing us they screw the jazz? Crawford and bevetta? :cool:

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

That's the nature of any basketball game.

18. MacLovin

MacLovin Member

I was looking at Home vs Road fouls. In that aspect they all seem pretty solid. Mauer actually calls more fouls on the home team.

19. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Dimoxinil!

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I hate Ken Mauer. I don't remember why. I just know that a few years ago he pissed me off and I've hated him ever since.