1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Last game against the Lakers on Wednesday will be for the 7th seed

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tehG l i d e, Apr 15, 2013.

1. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

Bad night oh well. Rockets got this on Wednesday. I expect them to be fired up and rise to the occasion like VAL VENIS.

2. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

The odds of beating the Lakers on Wednesday are 30:0. Luckily, the Lakers play so slow they may not be able to take advantage of the Rockets' lackadaisical transition defense. Unluckily, that won't be enough to overcome the purple mountains of majestic **** that is the interests' of the NBE.

3. Metta

Metta Member

. I'd rep this is a nice young man were allowed. :eek:

4. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

I disagree. No matter who we play in the playoffs (OKC,SAS,DEN,LAC), we'd still be huge underdogs. The goal for this season was to make the playoffs. We did and no one thought we would. This season has already been a success for us. No need to feel down over that loss. If you want to face the Spurs instead of Denver then that loss is what you needed. We can win in LA.

5. AXG

AXG Member

So was Phoenix, and they still beat the Rockets.

6. art

art Member

if utah loses to memphis, lakers might sit out d12 and pau since they clinched.

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I have faith. We will beat the Lakers. Anybody with me?

8. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

What are the odds if Kobe was playing? hehe Look, if we go there looking to get a W, we will get that W.

9. Karolik

Karolik Member

This team is Fools gold.

This Rockets team was an O'Neal basket away from the 14th seed.

:(

10. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

They even sat Scola who was dominating us, lol. We couldn't take advantage.

11. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Write.it.down.

12. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Like a previous boarder mentioned, they still have motivation to play well. If they beat us they get the 7th seed, facing an injured Spurs team they just beat rather a healthy OKC team.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I didn't even consider the notion of the Lakers catching the Rockets and pushing them down to 8th. Because of that, my thinking was the Rockets would lay down Wednesday, lock into 7th place behind the Warriors and get the Spurs.

Rockets absolutely must try to win against the Lakers and avoid OKC. If they play with energy (which means run, run, run) they will probably win because the Lakers won't be able to keep up with them. But alas, our home team is like a yo yo.

It would be a dream come true if Utah somehow won at Memphis early and the Rockets beat the Lakers in the final game of the NBA season to knock them out of the playoffs.

But it's just a dream. Won't happen.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Good. BTHOlal

15. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

What's our record the entire season off back to back games? Harden and Lin didn't come back on the court in the 4th till there was 4 minutes left. That never happens if we're trying to win games. Especially Harden. The Rockets were just taking it easy that game.

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

If not for a Jermaine O'Neal goal-tend, the final HOU-LAL game could have been for the final playoff spot, lose it and HOU would be 9th place again.

17. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

and... I predict a win by the Rockets. :p

18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I think that would be depressing.
    I can't take another 9th seed, 14th pick.

19. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

I actually didn't think we'll make the playoffs because before the Harden trade i kept thinking that were gonna be tanking and see who would we get. But ever since Morey made some moves we have been playing ok and i never thought we'd make this far.

20. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Stern will know how to keep the Denzel's, Nicholson's, Beckham's, and DiCaprio in the seats. #countonstern