1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill Simmons Thinks Dwight Will Sign With Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by True Rocket, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Nah, my friends in LA hardly have anything special special to say about anything. :)

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Pitch to Dwight is easy.

It's a 3-headed pitch with Harden, Love and Dwight. Harden and Love decide it'd be great to team up. Love is already under-appreciated and not in the best favor in Minnesota. Love wants to come to Houston. Love and Harden are both from LA. They both understand and respect the LA draw. Dwight, come to Houston, we can still be in a major city, with a huge Chinese marketing draw, and have a real chance to win multiple championships. In the summer, we all go back to LA and hang out together.

Love goes to TWolves management and says I'm definitely not resigning. Trade me to the Rockets somehow. If you don't, I'm not resigning - maybe the Rockets won't have the cap-room for me then, but someone else, and better, will. You can trade me to whomever you want now, but the only team I'll agree to resign with is Houston. A Houston trade would include Asik, TJones, Delfino, DMo, #33 pick, next year's first round pick (which I believe we can trade after the draft). If push comes to shove, include Parsons, but preferably not, of course. Either straight to Minnesota, or some 3 team trade, if Minnesota wants to just resign Pekovic and have no need for Asik. Maybe a lotto team this year will move their pick to Minnesota for Asik

3. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

I like this.
    I like this a lot.

4. jocar

jocar Member

See him interview after the 1st post-Kobe injury game? Dude was smiling ear to ear. He's lovin the LA spotlight.

5. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

well see if he's still smiling if the lakers miss the postseason

6. otisthorpe3

otisthorpe3 Member

Kiss Dwight goodbye after being swept by OKC!

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Hahahaha! :grin:

Yeah, because Dwight was coming here before!

Yeah, because winning 1 game against Denver or 2 games against San Antonio would have changed his mind!

8. SugarLandDream8

If the Rockets beat the Lakers badly and make them miss the playoffs, I can see DH sign here. Remember DH did not want to play in Orlando even though he was the 1st option and had GM powers to fire coaches and make roster decisions.

DH wants to play for a team that has superstars as well like the Miami Heat and their Big 3.

The Lakers sadly is not that team. Kobe will be done for almost a year. Don't believe the hype of 9 months. This injury takes 11 months or longer. Metta World Peace is nothing special anymore. Pau will likely be amnestied because of the luxury tax. They should amnesty Kobe but they are afraid to. Nash is 40 and shows it.

Howard signing with the Lakers would be no different than his situation in Orlando where he is a superstar surrounded by role players.

In Houston he has a superstar in Harden. He has 3 very good players who are borderline lower-level stars in: Parson, Lin, Asik.

The Rockets have the cap space to keep everyone and sign Howard.

9. RollingWave

RollingWave Member

No they don't, unless the cap goes up to at least 65M or so next year (it's at 56 ish this year.)

I think the chances of Howard leaving the Lakers is not zero, but you should hardly bank on it.

10. iLookOK

iLookOK Member

I understand, but what about Richard Simmons?

11. pkothari1013

pkothari1013 Member

This is what we'll get Richard Simmons to say to Dwight:

[​IMG]

That should scare him away from LA for good.

12. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

13. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Bro, take a step away from the computer. For someone who rarely posts, you're having quite the meltdown.

Take a look at your posts from just the last 12 hours alone.

Not a mistake by quoting this twice. He posted this 4 times.

Again, not a mistake, he posted this 4 times as well.

This last one is just shameful. Garcia isn't even Mexican, but don't let that stop you from being a prick.

This team wasn't even expected to make the playoffs, enjoy the ride and watch the future grow right in front of us.

14. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

LOL what a douche bag. Typical troll otis is

15. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

The Rockets are close enough that they could easily create the space to sign him. I think the chances of him leaving LAL are minute. That said, I don't think the Rockets go after someone else until they hear no from him and Paul.

16. iLookOK

iLookOK Member

OK but what will Gene Simmons say?

17. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Dwight was looking to become a championships contender. And despite the fact that it's almost a lateral move w/ Kobe's injury, I think his time in LA with the fans and stardom will probably sway him to stay.

We all know how easily he changes his mind so it's not a surprise. At the same time I could also see him start to have doubts in the off season when he has time to really think about it.

Typically we get a bit homer-ish thinking we are the perfect place for every coveted FA, but it seems pretty legit this time. But we're probably going to have to go with plan B, whatever it is.

18. Sanity2disChaos

Remedial A$$ poster.....smdh....he should find something else to do.

But it is FUNNY AS HELL........:grin:

19. illadelphiah

illadelphiah Member

20. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

[​IMG]

rookies....