1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Isiah on Harden and Lin: Could be the best backcourt in the NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fighton, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Postcall

Postcall Member

Yes I think statistically the power forward position is the only one that is currently below average.

2. TheBeard

TheBeard Member

Best O in the league

Worst D in the league

3. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

Do you realize that the knock on Lin is that he is more of a scoring PG?

4. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Curry is better than Lin however

Lin & Harden as a duo is better than Curry and Klay and

Lin & Harden is a better fit than Curry & Harden.

You guys are forgetting how GSW were looking with a Curry and Monta backcourt.

Harden is better than Monta the player but the dynamic is similar, ball-dominant scoring guards at the 1 & 2 positions who are defensive sieves - We know that this isn't a good formula for an effective backcourt based on precedent, there's no reason to believe that somehow Harden & Curry will make it work significantly more successfully than it ever has.

5. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Hey if you ever follow me on here or other blogs you will see that I give Lin credit. And I disagree Lin did not take them to a whole new level...Nash ran that system to perfection, made players like Dudley a respectable players, revamped Grant Hills career and a host of others..Now my friend that is what you call taking a system to a whole new level...And since we are on that,,,why didnt the Knicks keep Lin , since he took that system to a whole new level???????

6. Dementium

Dementium Member

You are talking about the Knicks here and James Dolan. They aren't exactly known for common sense.

And since Linsanity was pretty much unprecedented I think thats pretty much a whole new level.

7. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

The Knicks are one of the top teams in the East, they are not missing Lin, not one freaking bit.

It was a great lil moment but it didnt take the damn Knicks to a whole new level.

Like I said if Lin was that valuable they would have matched the Rockets offer and kept him on the Knicks squad point blank.

8. Akim523

Akim523 Member

They are, if you think otherwise you are kidding yourself. Lin is better than Felton, period. Problem with the Knicks is they are capped and peaked, they are not getting any better with their aged 'stars' yet they are no where near to win a championship.

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Hard to say which backcourt is better or worse because their games are so much different. I would say that Harden is the best player of the 4 so ultimately, it makes their backcourt the better backcourt IMO. However, Curry isn't far behind Harden.

That guy, when healthy, is just simply incredible, and will probably go down as the best pure shooter in the game when its all said and done. And Klay Thompson is almost as good of a "shooter" as Curry, but not near the playmaker that Harden & Lin are. If you have either backcourt on your team, you couldn't do much better either way.

However, because Harden/Lin are constantly attacking the basket, they can be relied on more from a night to night basis to get everyone else involved in the offense when they break down the defense, can get to the foul line more often, and can still be effective when they aren't shooting the ball well from the perimeter. In the playoffs, and to be a contending team relying on your guards, I think the Rockets will be the more effective team here in the future of the West.

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

they are 2nd in the east and have a 3-1 record over Miami this season. What is your evidence that they are nowhere near winning a championship?

11. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Evidence? Miami is far and away the best team in the east and OKC/LAC/SPURS/DEN/Grizz all would destroy the Knicks in the playoffs if they ever make it to the finals. We are also 2-0 against the Knicks... So?
    :grin:

12. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Lin is not better than Felton, they are pretty much even this season

Lin: 13.3ppg, 6.1 apg, 3 rpg, 1.7 spg, and 2.9 TO, 44%, 34%3pt, 79%ft
    RF: 14.0ppg, 5.5 apg, 3 rpg, 1.4 spg, and 2.4 TO, 43%, 36%3pt, 79%ft

So please sir explain to me how Lin is better again,,I will wait Akim523

13. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

Age. Court vision. Floor leader. Doesn't take awkward contested stupid shots.

14. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Against those teams they are 5-5, winning both games the Spurs, 1-1 against the Thunder, 1-1 against the Grizz, 1-1 against the Nuggets and 0-2 against the Clippers.

So they have to me a 50/50 chance to beating those teams as well, If they were to meet them in the Big Dance.

15. hltiki

hltiki Member

Definitely agree with this. Harden just brings so much more to the table than Klay and Curry, though Curry also brings a lot with his tremendous ability to shoot.

But Harden can score in so many other ways, particularly at the foul line. His uncanny ability to draw fouls puts much more pressure on the defense, and combined with his and Lin's ability to play make, I'd say Houston has the better back court; it'd only be more clear if Lin became more consistent.

Also, I'm sure after last night, it is quite obvious Harden can play D. Come playoffs, we'll see those saying he has matador defense eat crow =)

16. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

what the hell you talking about,,GTF off Lins nut sack Joka.

Felton is 28, Lin is 24

Both players have good court vision. and are decent floor leaders.

So miss me with that nonsense.

17. nono

nono Member

yaaawn

18. pho

pho Member

Felton averages 2 more minutes per game, takes 2 more shots per game, and still barely has higher points, less assists, steals, blocked shots, etc.

And Felton has been on the decline while Lin has been on the rise.

Post All Star break, both of them have about the same shooting pecentages. But Felton plays almost 3 minutes more per game than Lin and averages 2 pts lower and 1.5 assists lower.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/splits/_/id/2753/raymond-felton
    http://espn.go.com/nba/player/splits/_/id/4299/jeremy-lin

19. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

Ranking from April 13 based on Wins Produced

20. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

They are still pretty much even,,,that **** doesnt say Lin is better or Felton is better.