1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DMo showing some good stuff now

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by meh, Feb 23, 2013.

1. yunac010

yunac010 Member

DMo still gets pushed around really easily. The good thing though is that one little nudge and the refs automatically assume he was fouled. I love PPatt, but I'm glad he's gone if it means DMo gets some significant playing time. He should be starting soon over Delfino. ASAP actually.

And I'd like to see more PnR between DMo and Lin. They've been showing some nice chemistry, and Lin is the only one who consistently finds him.

2. pacmania

pacmania Member

One other thing about Dmo is that he is too quick to be fronted. I remember the days when yao couldn't be stopped so the blazers started fronting him and neutralized the post advantage. Atleast with Dmo, the fronting won't be a problem.

3. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

This makes more sense to me. I feel like D-Mo should have been playing over Greg Smith, Anderson, Aldrich, and even Morris. I couldn't understand why.

4. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

That was so irritating to me. Yao just didn't have the hops to get the lob passes for easy dunks. That and doubling him were really the only ways to stop him.

5. ambu

ambu Member

JLin pass to D-MO

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Gmf0J1fykFU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. ahhh

ahhh Member

everyone talking about DMO like he's a bust already... remember the good ol days

7. trowa2

trowa2 Member

i dont think ppl are being fair on dmo. dmo shows a lot of flashes on the offense, he just needs to be tougher under the paint. make him spend more time on dleague might help. let him gain confidence some muscle.

1 person likes this.
  8. trowa2

trowa2 Member

and some muscle*

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

He just needs to bulk up a bit. Work with the trainer on a regiment.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He has to get stronger and better balance.....he should be an option but when he is missing he gets yanked..

TJones and GSmith are better right now.

DD

11. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

I can agree with this... Right now he needs to sit... he's not ready and the playoffs will not make things any easier.

T_Man

12. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Exactly right. This is a good lesson for him. A pure offensive player has to light it up or ride the pine. A pure defensive player is nice to have, but what is better is someone who can do both. DMO has an opportunity to become that player, but realistically, it is going to take at least another couple of seasons for him to get stronger and work on his defense. Meanwhile, can these other players match DMO's offensive development, which should also improve over the next few years?

It is nice to have all of this young talent at power forward. All three of them need to progress and improve their games. It appears that DMO has the most overall potential, but I really like how coach McHale is bringing him and the others along. They should all be highly motivated to work to improve their games over the off-season.

13. Normalus

Normalus Member

His defense get better comparing to start of the season (for him started after trade deadline) I must say, less stupid fouls on picks and overall pretty good. Sure, he has some problems at time, but show me rookie who doesn't. But the problem now is shooting%, when FT% is get better (interesting), all other is awful, and especially 3pt%.

This dude shoots 0.2x% from behind the arc and coach let him shoot couple/a game?! Saw him missing wide open and that sucks because after that he afraid to shoot and just passes the ball even if he is open. What leads to substitution till the end of the game. And that's easy choice by coach because he brings no off and probably less def than other PF's.

It's kinda hard to see what's wrong with that, I guess adaptation from Euro (1-2 games a week) to NBA (3-4, or even 5 games a week + a lot of travel) lead him to be tired by the end of the season.

14. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I still think Dmo will be good next season. He had this year to get some understanding and he will figure out what to do to adapt by next season.

15. Rocket Booster

That's not really an excuse. Euroleague teams practice twice a day and most guys that played in Euroleague and NBA have said Euroleague season is way more tiring due to that.

16. hltiki

hltiki Member

I am still a believer in DMO, yet I am a big fan of Jones and Smith. Perhaps if DMO can bulk up, get stronger and better defensively, he could play the back up 5 behind Asik.

I WONT GIVE UP ON YOU DMO!

17. HL3

HL3 Member

DMO could improve a lot just by packing on some more muscle.

18. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

He's already better than Dirk imo

19. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

He's young, he's a lot bigger today than he was a couple of years ago, so he'll continue to grow. But, if he can't knock down his three point shots I don't think he's very much help at this time. I know he's a better offensive player when he's in the paint. But right now he looks like a boy among men when he gets near the basket. However, I do think he is probably performing better in practice than he has in the game. I think his shooting could possibly heat up once he feels more comfortable during games.

No on can say he hasn't gotten a chance to prove what he can do this year. When your chance comes in the NBA you need to produce in a hurry to stay on the floor. I still think D-Mo can be a good player, but it may be a couple of years before we see it. Right now I'm jumping on the TJones bandwagon. TJones has a long way to go also, but at least he's physically ready to play in the paint.

20. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Is it not painfully obvious that the Rockets are better without Patterson?