1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 4/12/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 11, 2013.

1. haydenfisher342

1 bad foul call on beverly, 10 + terrible calls from the refs.

2. GWST11

GWST11 Member

By your logic I guess Harden should take all the shots, and Lin should take 0 shots a game. No rational person is denying Harden > Lin but when Lin is WIDE OPEN coming off 2 clutch three's it makes sense FOR HARDEN TO PASS TO LIN.

3. Terry Teagle

Terry Teagle Member

Holy Lin with 45 minutes played tonight!

4. Penetrate&Creat

It would've paid off if we won.

I'm not bashing Harden, yeah he was our primary offensive threat and helped bring the team towards the end of the 4th. However, all I'm saying is he tried to play hero ball too much when he should've did what he did for Lin and make plays.

He had 4 possessions to create plays, he wasted them all doing ISOs. That is all i'm saying, although ultimately this loss was on our stupid TO's.

5. acyrocks

acyrocks Member

What the F*** is that! Harden did so bad on last several positions and can not be criticized? I am so sick of people like you.

6. Exel

Exel Member

TJones had a great game tonight. Really battled hard and held his ground for the most part against Memphis' bigs.

7. L7N

L7N Member

I actually didn't mind those "fouls" especially the last one. That was Rox ball, the officiating on that one was basically a give and goal to the bears.

8. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

We need you more than ever.:) We might have won tonight if you were playing.;)

9. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

heh? Iverson averaged 7-8 assists a game in a lot of seasons while being a ballhog. WHen you either shoot everything or make the one pass to the guy that does your assists are always going to be high.

And let's say you're right, Lin isnt ready to be a 2nd option.....does that mean you dont go to a player with the hot hand simply because he's not your primary scorer? And he's not going to grow into it consistently by watching someone else shoot it.

10. PositivityDome

Am I the only one who doesn't trust Delfino? He has lots of poor shooting nights but will always jack up the shots regardless. I like Garcia more than him. They seem to have around the same skillset, by Frankie has better BBIQ.

11. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Harden was wide open on the last shot. Can't be mad about that. The possessions before that.. debatable.

I loved what I saw from Harden tonight. Played some great d in the game, especially after he got the tech.

Also TJones was awesome. So glad he's getting some good games under his belt before the playoffs. With the way Greg picks up fouls we're going to need Jones since DMo seems to have lost all confidence and TRob is in the dog house.

Bev, for all his hustle and energy, needs to learn when to go for the offensive rebound and when to get back on defense. Also needs to stop picking up dumb fouls.

Lin had a quiet game throughout the first 3 quarters (also committed a few TOs in a short span) but damn he is clutch. Great for the playoffs.

12. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

My guess was the plan was for harden to go in for a layup, but when Allen slipped he was wide open to take the long 2

13. oldyellow

oldyellow Member

EXACTLY!

14. platypus

platypus Member

Do you honestly think K-mac drew up a play for a midrange jump-shot? I guarantee you the play was to attack the basket for a layup, harden just made a good crossover and got a WIDE open shot which he missed.

It's all good though the beard is the ONLY one who should have the right to take a game winning/tying shot on this team. Without him we would be the phoenix suns.

15. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Or you know it makes sense since he has a wide open jumper since his man just felt down right in front of him.

16. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

He altered alot of shots. Haven't had any of those this year. All our power forwards can't play defense with the exception of jones.

17. PRaZe

PRaZe Member

I think Mchale draw some play something like Harden drives then pass it off to an open three but the play got broken up because Harden was wide open.

18. TheJet

TheJet Member

As a new poster here I have to say I'm a little disappointed. I've seen Harden bashing all over by LOFs but this is the worst I've seen here. Again, new guy :p.

I like the debates and basketball discussion during the week but this particular game thread has turned into a hate fest. Is it this bad when Lin plays poorly?

I thought they both had their moments. Lin hit two giant clutch shots and Harden carried the entire team in the third. Without either of them this game is a blowout. So why hate on just one? Why hate at all?

Loved the intensity, hated the TOs, hated some calls. Was happy to see Harden get pissed. Playoffs here we come.

19. L7N

L7N Member

this.

20. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Yeah...I don't know what's up with McHail. How often does Lin get more minutes then anyone.:eek: