1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 4/12/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 11, 2013.

1. what

what Member

When the grizzlies lost to the lakers and everybody was bring up how the refs cheated the grizzlies, I said that Howard didn't foul conley on that last play, that he played it clean.

Ref bashing is a sign of weakness. If your team is good enough, the refs don't decide your games. YOU decide them.

2. Rocket_Man_2.0

Let's talk about Terrence Jones..he's so much better then soft Motinjunas & no shot T-Rob. He kept us in the game.

3. kakaman

kakaman Member

Harden would rather have 30 points and 8 turnovers, and I tell him we'd rather win the game

1 person likes this.
  4. conquistador#11

that was the correct shot. he usually can make it. but the previous 2 possessions, those needed to be team ball plays rather than hero ball, especially when harden was getting mugged all night and the refs did nothing.

oh well, on to the next one. must win!

5. Redmark

Redmark Member

It's just semantics. It didn't "cost the game" in the sense that we would have won without Harden, obviously we wouldn't. But we might have won if we varied things just a little at the end.

6. timyeung

timyeung Member

Not sure what game you were watching but Lin was clutch late in the fourth quarter tonight.

7. L7N

L7N Member

great defensive exercise today. bad officiating, Harden was fouled by Gasol but this is "the playoffs". it won't be called as someone already pointed out. i had a feeling delthreeno could had nailed something in the last 3 poss.

either way, great game, tough loss but amazing effort (defensive wise). Lock down defense tonight.

8. torocan

torocan Member

I can live with this outcome.

Tough game, dodgy officiating, Harden missed a wide open jumper but you're not going to make those all the time.

More even officiating and this either is a win or goes to overtime.

This should be 2-2 with Memphis as far as I'm concerned. And yah, I still stand by the idea that Memphis is not a bad match up, especially considering how many wide open missed shots that were by the Rockets tonight and the number of one-sided calls.

And there's a difference between play off officiating "letting them play" and calling one side for ticky tack calls and ignoring hard contact on the other end. Consistent officiating and it would have been fine.

On to Sunday...

9. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Harden got a wide open shot against an elite defender.

If I could, I would have that be the final shot we took when every game was on the line. There is not a better shot than that. He just missed that great freaking shot.

The refs called the game like they were going to win a trip to Hawaii, and now that Lakers game on ESPN is going to get huge ratings, and maybe Stern can even weasel the Rockets into the 8th seed so we can play OKC (which, ratings wise for 1st round match ups would be the NBA's dream).

Good game by the Rockets, great game to watch -- terrible comments by the Lin Zombie Army...as always.

10. nono

nono Member

Harden got 14 free throws. 14 !!!! Stop saying the refs robbed us.

11. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

This was a good loss. One that the rox can really learn and grow from. Going up against their defense in an ugly game played at the Grizzlies' pace and barely losing was pretty good. I hope they watch the game film a bunch to see how to play through tough defense and no calls from the refs. Lin and Harden need to make sure they get back on D instead of complaining about the no calls.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Moral victory. Meh.

13. TheJet

TheJet Member

You read my mind. It was a great comeback and a tough kick to the gut loss. Playoff intensity basketball. Why do folks feel the need to bash a player who's doing nothing but trying to win? That goes for Lin AND Harden.

14. platypus

platypus Member

Kevin Mchale is gonna strangle the referees before they leave the arena today. James was getting hit on EVERY drive, kinda reminded me of how lebron used to get hammered in the playoffs when he was in Cleveland.

Difference here is that toney allen could have hit james with a monkey wrench in the middle of a drive and james would be called for the offensive foul. :rolleyes:

15. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Yes people around here would lose it, your post seems to assume Harden and Lin are equal players. They aren't, and anyone who pretends they are or that they should be getting equal shots is an idiot.

Harden open shot > Lin open anytime.

16. Chadhsu

Chadhsu Member

I could take this loss,considering bigger chance to play with Spurs instead of Nuggets

17. Epik

Epik Member

You're an idiot. Did you even see the end of the game?

18. lomahtw

lomahtw Member

The only thing I don't like about this game is not just the loss but it seems the game plan was bad in the end and it went back to the way we lost those games that could have been won. When the playoffs is coming around the corner, this kind of mistake should not be repeated. It's already to make mistake but not right to repeat the same mistake again and again. We may see more of it in the playoffs if ...again.

19. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

Tjones is beast. His tenacity and hustle really help. I hav always liked him since the beginning but I could not understand why he was not given a chance...

20. eman

eman Contributing Member

Is there any wonder why "Mama" is the first word we learn to say? Mmmm...