1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Reveal Yourself if Deserving

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Icehouse, Apr 11, 2013.

1. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I predicted 33 wins. I think Cbxxby is the only one I remember absolutely calling play-offs

2. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Where were those people last summer when almost no one predicted playoffs

3. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

I predicted if we did make the playoffs, we would get swept in the first round because of coaching. I still think that.

4. thcdrummer007

thcdrummer007 Member

When we landed Harden I thought that we would make the playoffs as an 8 seed. I figured if we SHOULD have made the playoffs last year with that group, we HAD to be better with Harden on our team. But I had no idea how good Harden would turn out to be, as well as Asik. :grin:

1 person likes this.
  5. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

i predicted 82-0...close enough

6. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

after we got harden i knew we would

1 person likes this.
  7. jeffyisme

jeffyisme Member

Asik had started only TWO games for the Bulls for the first two seasons of his. Lin just came off an knee injury and it seemed highly unlikely he would sustain his Linsanity level of play. (And yes, I'm a Lin fan) Neither of them were proven to be full 82-games starters then.

With the cores of Kevin Martin、Patrick Patterson and Chandler Parsons, I expected this season to be lottery bound. A 34-48 season maybe.

My expectation raised after the Harden trade (before the season started), though it's still unlikely for the Rockets to make the playoff. When looking at the playoff picture, you have to consider some teams are almost guaranteed to be playing in the playoffs:

Spurs
    Thunder
    Clippers
    Grizzlies
    Nuggets
    Lakers (would would've thought they're still fighting for playoff now? and for 8th seed, seriously?)

And teams that are already out of the playoff race even before the season started:

Kings
    Suns
    Hornets (no, I didn't think they were able to compete for a playoff spot, even after they drafted Anthony Davis.)

Then the rest of the Western Conference teams would fight for the remaining 2 spots for playoff:

Warriors
    Mavericks
    Jazz
    Trail Blazers
    Timberwolves (they have a promising core)
    Rockets

The Rockets would have to beat four of the aforementioned teams to make it. So, in all honesty, I thought we would end up being somewhere around a 10th ~ 12th team in the West.

They've proved me wrong, and I appreciate that. :grin:

8. jeffyisme

jeffyisme Member

Typo, sorry about that.

9. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

I can't say I predicted the playoffs. Thought we had an outside shot, but didn't PREDICT it.

But, I did post in support of all the offseason moves. (as well as a couple about the coaching)

It's nice to see Morey's moves pan out and this young, inexperienced and raw team come together as they have so soon.

I've been a fan since the 70's and other than (obviously) the championship years and the win streak, I can't remember being more proud of a team or having as much fun watching them as this team - and I actually enjoyed the hustle and desire the team played with in recent years, even when they weren't winning.

I don't browse the threads like I used (due to the negative posters), but it's definitely a fun time to be a Rockets fan.

10. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

I made some really bold predictions this season. Some were close to trolling...

I predicted Rockets can absolutely have a 45+ season.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=7274259&postcount=160

I was so high up for Harden 2 weeks before the trade.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=7180402&postcount=77
    After two games into the regular season, I started a thread predicting Rockets will be one of the top scoring teams in the league.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=228514

2 people like this.
  11. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Where are my rep points Icehouse?

1 person likes this.
  12. pbnfamilia

pbnfamilia Member

I thought we would be in the playoffs at 8th or 14th pick again it depended on how Lin developed . When we got Harden I knew then it was ON !!!!

1 person likes this.
  13. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

The team is still growing. After the 7-game consecutive losses (21-21), the team IS on pace to 52 win season (0.639 winning rate).

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Even before the trade I felt good about making the playoffs. The trade did nothing for me in terms of playoff hopes. Remember how close we came last season despite KMart being out injured for a long period.

Lin running a team > Dragic or Lowry
    KMart this season > KMart last season
    Parsons this season >>>>> Parsons last season
    PPat = Scola (considering Scola lack of defense)
    Asik >>>>>> Dally/Camby

15. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

Before trade I thought we would be bottom 5 in the West, after trade thought we would fight for playoffs.

16. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>sad to see lamb go, but this team is now in the playoff hunt.</p>&mdash; txppratt (@txppratt) <a href="https://twitter.com/txppratt/status/262399342676160512">October 28, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1 person likes this.
  17. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

I remember sitting at the bar with my buddy Ryan, dressed up for a halloween party when the news broke. We were going nuts and immediately both said we will make the playoffs for sure.

Great night. Never forget that

1 person likes this.
  18. rocks123

rocks123 Member

i predicted 8th seed before the harden trade and the 6th after the harden trade but not on this website. But to be honest I was just being a homer that time.

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

I predicted that we would be in the 7th seed and both Lakers and Utah would be fighting to the death for the 8th.

20. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I didn't really believe we'd make the playoffs even after the Harden trade. Hell, I was still very skeptical half way through the season. It wasn't until the last 10-15 games or so where I believed it (and by then I practically had no choice).

I love this team, but I can't lie, I didn't have a lot of faith this year. Hopefully they keep proving me wrong.