1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[PLAYOFFS] SPURS / THUNDER / NUGGETS

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TriCkz, Apr 10, 2013.

?

WHICH TEAM

1. SAN ANTONIO

239 vote(s)
    61.0%
  2. OKC

65 vote(s)
    16.6%
  3. DENVER

88 vote(s)
    22.4%
  1. hahachui

hahachui Member

I want to face the spurs...

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

watching Spurs-Nuggets right now, you guys are crazy if you want any part of this Nuggets team in round 1 rather than the Spurs

3. HL3

HL3 Member

Maybe we should tank a bit to secure the 7th seed...

4. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I do not agree with that at all. Where is the evidence suggesting we can beat Denver this year? There is none.

While I agree that playoff games are different that regular season ones, the latter is the closest comparison to a playoff game, so it bears noting how well you faired against your playoff opponent. In our case, 0-4.

The Spurs are an old, injured team whose achilles heel in the playoffs have been their supporting cast. Denny Green and Co. have laid a bigger egg than an ostrich.

5. Commodore

not to mention the fact that James Harden is a proven Spurs killer in the playoffs, while Iggy has been a proven Harden stopper this season

6. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Those scrub Nugs with no superstars will definitely crumble. They are obviously a perfect matchup for us, especially considering the way we dominated them this season...

Oh, and 36-3 at home.

7. nbalopez23

nbalopez23 Member

Who still wants to face Nuggets?

Never did want them and still don't want them. After watch that Spurs game Please NO NUGGETS

8. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Bring them on!

"If you are afraid of Wolves don't go in the woods. - DMO"

The Nuggets had a hard time with the Spurs bench. No Parker, no Diaw, no Jackson, no Manu, Duncan only plays 25 minutes and they still struggled and they played at full strength. Yes I say full strength because Gallo is not coming back. And if Lawson does come back he won't be in shape nor full strength.

The same thing could be said for the Spurs but Jackson is healthy and Parker is day to day and mostly Pop just wants him 100% for the playoffs. Diaw will be back and Manu is the only one really out and he is not a definite nor as important as he was in the past. So the Spurs team we saw tonight is not the team going in the playoffs.

Either way bring them on. I just want to get the 6th seed because it means we played hard till the end. Don't be scared of the Wolves. Bring them on! DMO

9. ihatekobe

ihatekobe Member

Denver would run us out of the building just like they did the 4 times we played them this season. I want no part of the Nuggets.

Spurs please.

10. Karolik

Karolik Member

Talk is great. Except when you actually have to do it. Overall, I'd say DMO has been torn apart by wolves this season.

11. Amir

Amir Member

Even though we're 1-3 against the Spurs, we've played them well all season. Even in the losses. And 1 of those games went into OT.

I feel we are at our best against old, slow teams (consider our games against NY, Boston, Chicago this season), because that's when our strengths stand out and make an impact.

However, our strengths won't amount to much against the Nuggets because they are a better, deeper version of us. They are the Houston Rockets on steroids with a great coach and a great home court.

An interesting fact I heard today -- the Nuggets have won the season series against all WC playoff teams! I'll pass.

12. Commodore

first time all season I will be rooting for a Rockets loss Fri vs. Memphis

13. Old Man Rock

Talk is BS mostly... the fact is DMo plays hard everytime. he is not afraid of anyone on the court. He just isn't very quick or strong. maybe Denver is better than the Spurs but it's not by much. If the Rockets win the will have the other one later. Either way if you are afaid for the Rockets then perhaps you should just turn the tv off. Maybe rent the Lion King or something a little less scary.

;) Hakuna Matata

14. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

We are young fast break team....

we need to play a contrasting slower team e.g spurs

devner destroyed us cause they are same team as us.plus have harden killer in Igudola

15. mirror_image

mirror_image Contributing Member

I want 7th seed now! OKC or SAS will be fine to me, we can win at least 1 game.

16. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Denver are the rich man's version of the Rockets. Iguodala wrecks Harden. Faried wrecks our PFs. Javale can make game changing plays at any given moment. Miller and Lawson are a dynamic guard duo.

17. L7N

L7N Member

you are watching the Spurs playing without Parker and Manu. You do not want to face a healthy Spurs team. OKC, the finalist will chew us apart defensively.

Denver is our ONLY bet for the first round.

18. Commodore

we wouldn't be

19. Old Man Rock

No, No, No...

Denver beat us because we ran out of gas. We ran out of gas because it was a back to back game in one of the hardest places to play a b2b game. We ran out of gas because we were playing short handed. We lost becuase Parsons and Delfino have been out. We lost because we don't have pf rotation. Or at leaset we didn't have that day. We are still trying to figure out that rotation. We can beat Denver. I am not saying we will win a 7 game series against them. I am just saying if all goes right for us we can.

20. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

This. We're not gonna win a series VS any of them. But i like what we have been able to accomplish. It is been a fun ride this season.