1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Wolves picking Rubio over Love for a max deal a wise decision

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by hocash, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Coherent

Coherent Member

Kevin Love fits Houston's game perfectly. Lin Harden Parsons Love and Asik would be one of the top starting 5's in the league. Explosive offensively and incredible on the boards. I would be in Heaven.

2. teebone21

teebone21 Member

offensive yes , defensive , he no. Morey wants to build a championship team and love isn't gonna help with that

3. Rocket Booster

Yeah. Rubio is an offensive liability.

4. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Rubios last 5 games

0-10 FG
    1-13 FG
    3-10 FG
    7-12 FG (but 8 TO)
    2-11 FG

5. howo13579

howo13579 Member

If Love and Rubio is so good, why is their record so bad? Love is one of the worst defender in the paint. Rubio is also a liability on defensive end. He has talent but his max contract will make Lin's contract look really cheap. I have no doubt if they replace these 2 overrated bums with Asik and Lin, Wolves would win many more games.

6. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Because basically their entire team has been out with injury? Roy played 5 games, Budinger and Love missed 60 games, Kirilenko and Pekovic missed 20, Rubio missed 25 and had more games where he had to adjust thanks to his injury, and so on. You can't be a playoff team like that.

7. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

For those saying we are good enough offensively now, realize that we are 6th in offensive efficiency this year. 1 and 2? OKC and Miami. True they are also top ten in defensive efficiency, but it this way: the only teams in the playoffs good at defense and bad at offense are Indiana, Chicago, and Memphis.

In today's NBA you don't win with defense anymore. You NEED to be elite on offense, THEN you can start working on your D as your team ages. The Rockets are not good enough offensively yet, and the reason why is because we don't have the post presence to maximize our inside out game.

Ask for LMA if you want, but the undeniable truth is that our next superstar NEEDS to be a PF. Ideal attributes include a post game, court vision for kick outs, top notch rebounding, and the ability to spread the floor and hit the outside shot.

Kevin Love aside from this injured year has led the NBA in rebounding, and he was top 5 in 3pt% for anyone shooting as much as him. Do you know how crazy that is? That would be like Dennis Rodman with an elite shot, or Steve Nash with an elite rebounding ability. The NBA has NEVER had a guy with Love's skillset, and he's just wasting away over there in Minneapolis because David Kahn aka the villain from Ferris Bueller is calling the shots. If y'all don't want him then fine, be like Minnesota. Say no to him. Thankfully Idiot David Kahn has the power and not you.

8. shawn786

shawn786 Member

If Rubio ever got a consistent shot he would be one of the best in the league.

That's what the T Wolves are banking on.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Way was thier excuse last season?

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

F***** TEARIN THE LEAGUE UP!

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Rubio is the homeless man's Rondo. Not wise to offer him a max deal.

12. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

I want me some Love. I do not want to trade key players like Parsons to get him. I'd rather wait it out till he's a free agent. So we can't be blowing our money on guys like Millsap or Jsmoove

13. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Injuries. They were on their way to the playoffs last year before Rubio tore his ACL. They started off the season 3-7 but were 18-12 once Rubio took over as the starter.

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Who cares? Surely the experience of being a Rockets fan during the 2000's provides enough evidence that "But yeah well ... INJURIES .... when healthy we'll be fine!" is a stupid thing to do when it comes to maximum salary deals.

15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I can't think of a better PF for this team. His rebounding while Asik is out of the game could have huge payoffs. Love is a 20/14 guy. He'd be leading the league in rebounding this year if he wasn't injured.

Hell yes!

16. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

What? I'm not really sure what you are getting at here. I'm not saying Rubio is worth a max contract.

17. ROX_fan_CT

ROX_fan_CT Member

Spending money on JSmoove, Milsap, or Jefferson (last resort) will put us in a better position to TRADE for LMA or Love mid-season.

You have to spend the money in the off season. We cant really afford to sit and wait until the following year. Thats foolish.

18. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

19. Rocket Booster

The problem with people that like Rubio will never change. They base everything on fancy passes and highlights and totally neglect to actually watch him play and see the total impact he has on a game......which is almost always negative or a wash.

First it was all the YouTube highlights that people watched when he was playing in Europe, and they said, "oh look how great he is" - even though he usually played poorly.

Now it's all the ESPN Sportscenter highlights, and the same thing.

He is usually an offensive liability in general and he's overrated as a defender (although he is a good defender nonetheless), and he's injury prone. He's great for making highlight reels and selling tickets though.

Basically, he's lots of flash. That's what he's always been. He's also not really all that much better now than he was at age 16.

He's incredibly fun to watch, and certainly is a guy you love to watch play because of how exciting his playing style is. But he's never actually been that good of a player.

Very few people have the ability to separate highlights and fancy showboating from actual substance play when they judge players.

20. GWST11

GWST11 Member

At shooting, that's about it.