1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Game Thread: Austin Toros @ Rio Grande Valley Vipers 4/5/2013

Discussion in 'Rio Grande Valley Vipers' started by Clutch, Apr 5, 2013.

1. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>@<a href="https://twitter.com/houstonrockets">houstonrockets</a> @<a href="https://twitter.com/nbadleague">nbadleague</a> I don't even like scoring, It takes 28 to say its a breakout game. I have been &amp; always will be the same player.</p>&mdash; Royce White (@Highway_30) <a href="https://twitter.com/Highway_30/status/320623292010606594">April 6, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>@<a href="https://twitter.com/houstonrockets">houstonrockets</a> @<a href="https://twitter.com/nbadleague">nbadleague</a> Check the records, not the 1st time I've scratched a trip-double. The reason I scored 28 is b/c Drew got ejected</p>&mdash; Royce White (@Highway_30) <a href="https://twitter.com/Highway_30/status/320624251029827586">April 6, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    He just has to turn EVERYTHING into a drama...Seems like he has no interest in expanding his game to become a better pro either.

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

A few nice plays in the first half for Tyler Honeycutt, too, including a nice pass to White towards the end of the first half. Honeycutt is pretty athletic from what I've seen.

3. OTMax

OTMax Member

What an arrogant prick, he really doesn't understand that he's been under performing and that is the first game he's really shown his all round game? That attitude won't get you any playing time with the Rockets!!

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Don't worry, he won't be able to do it again.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yeah, he was just a victim of the numbers game.

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Rockets'/RGV scout Jimmy Paulis during the halftime show. They asked him if Royce would be called up - he said it's a day-by-day thing. They both agreed it's been kind of weird year (unlike any other player's) for White. lol.

7. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

I hope Royce proves to be worth the trouble, but I'm not holding my breath.

But that was an impressive game.

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

not that I want/think it will happen, but is there a drop dead date to call Royce up in time for the playoffs?

9. Cycl1

Cycl1 Member

It is true though. he doesnt look to score unless he has to, he would rather create a situation where he can find an open teammate for an easy bucket. If RW scored in the 20's in college, it usually meant our team wasn't doing well and he was trying to carry us. You run the offense through him, and you will keep seeing good numbers.

10. Crabdribbles

Crabdribbles Contributing Member

Sorry that I haven't posted Royce's highlights from this game, I've been in a hotel for the past week and haven't had a good wi-fi connection. I should be back home on Thursday though, so I'll post it by this weekend.

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

He can't even take a damn compliment. Jesus, this guy...

12. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

Thanks man really appreciate those videos and look forward to them.

13. Sam the Ram

Sam the Ram Member

I try to never say anything negative about another person and always try to look for the good in people, but DUDE!! Come on. Not everyone has a vendetta against you. And you are not the Ghandi nor the MLK of the NBA. Stop acting like it. It is a shame to compare yourself these people.

14. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

That would be wonderful! The RGV section would suffer greatly without you.

15. Cycl1

Cycl1 Member

This is true. The Dleague site highlights are terrible compared to what you post Crab.

16. seeingred

seeingred Member

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

It is cool that Royce sacrificed and does something that he doesn't like for the good of the team.

18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Royce White is unlikely to play for the Rio Grande Valley Vipers during the postseason, sources told Mark Berman of Fox 26.
    White is not going to spend a single second on the court for the Rockets during the regular season and it's not clear what his future holds after an up-and-down first year. His contract is guaranteed for next season.

Source: Mark Berman on Twitter Apr 9 - 12:15 PM

19. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

Why is he unlikely to play?