1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The big positive about loss against Denver

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kaitanuva, Apr 6, 2013.

Tags:
  1. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

I don't believe the Nuggets are a substantially better team. The issue, as bizarre as it sounds, is that Brewer morphs into Michael Jordan when he plays against us. It's absurd and incomprehensible. Plus, the Jazz taint...it makes me sick.

2. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

Did u just say George Karl preaches defense? LoL.... On a side note, I think McHale preaches defense, but young guys listen, but don't really learn at a young age, and we very young. It's to be expected.

3. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

Great minds think alike.:grin: I had the same thought. We don't have to fight for the 6th seed with GSW anymore. Nuggets won't be a good match for us.;)
    We should tank to the 8th spot to fight the Spurs.

4. Bill Bradley

Bill Bradley Member

Unfortunately the Knicks made sure the Rockets will face OKC in the first round today.

5. sean joh

sean joh Member

I am with you....
    At least I know Mchale is holding his players accountable which is not seen to his superstar the whole season.
    It's a good sign.........:)

6. sean joh

sean joh Member

season not finished yet, isn't it?

7. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

It should be noted that The Nuggets are not a sure thing for the 3 seed and the Spurs are actually in the 1st spot after the Thunder lost today. We should try our hardest to control our own destiny (in respect to the 6 seed) going into that last game against LAL. We'll see what's best for us when that time comes.

8. just a word

just a word Member

you mean Stern:grin:

9. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Denver is the combo of superior coaching with above avg parts...Houston is the combo of Above avg parts with Average coaching...

The Math is actually quite clear...Mchale and his staff may prepare really well before games but he is just getting owned by coaches that make more in game corrections...thats where his coaching is pathetic...other than that...the sets, plays are not bad...Thats why...a match up with Denver is just not ideal..

10. Karolik

Karolik Member

There are just a few teams where it seems we have to play perfect to win. The Nuggets are one of them. OKC is another. At least our games against the Spurs have been close.

11. syntax error

syntax error Contributing Member

You could very easily fit bus trips into the playoff schedule.

12. wincan459

wincan459 Member

Actually their's is 65mil, ours 44.5mil, the difference is about 44%.

But if you take Andre Iguodala's 15 million out, their payroll is only 49 mil, not much higher than ours.

And their 2 back up SGs, Wilson Chandler and Evan Fournier's numbers are as good and more efficient comparing to Andre, if ajusted for minutes played.

However you look at it, they are a more efficient team.

13. wincan459

wincan459 Member

I can't imagine any coach(s) would not preach defense.:p

Anyone can preach effort, team work, defense, chemistry, whatever. Even you and I can do it. What matters though, is implimentation. Has George Karl implimented good defense to his team? Has MacHale done it?

So far just looking at the numbers, neither has done that.

14. wincan459

wincan459 Member

Be careful what you wished for.

15. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

The team doesn't have a defensive mindset at all. Can't stay infront of their man, easy cuts to the basket, poor defensive rebounding besides Asik, blah blah blah. No D, No Wins!!!

16. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Hope this comment is a perfect 10 out of 10 on the sarcasm scale.