1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nuggets 4/6/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 6, 2013.

1. forza525

forza525 Member

Seriously, didn't know the grammar police was out in full force tonight

2. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

Bro, the Defense evaporates when he's in.

3. munsteur

munsteur Member

Iguodala blends well in the team unlike Harden who is singled out as a "superstar" and does ISOs to take over the game. I see many times that Harden tries to take everything himself when we are down. Why can't we just play team ball and let Harden go with the flow of the offense? That way, we would be harder to defend.

4. Hughesy

Hughesy Member

Like I said he is no way the best player on our team but he is the best scorer, you saw what happened tonight against better teams he got shut down. Coincidence he had an off night, most likely not.

So what happens when Harden has an off night? He doesn't even make up for it with good defence. He is lazy on defence, you want a great scorer? Well something has gotta give you can't expect him to be the best scorer and put in good defense at this stage. He is human, you force him to play better defense you are going to burn him the way McHale overplays him.

5. howo13579

howo13579 Member

Get ready to eat crow. Denver is full of SFs and PF with ADD. They don't even need to dribble to score most of time. And did you see Fournier tonight. With Lawson, they probably would've score less points tonight.

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

the sunshines on a dog's ass every once in a while. I'll leave it at that. I can't back up anything right now and will just have to wait.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You still won't say who you think the best player on the team is.

BTW, the whole team defense sucks. Harden wasn't the reason Iguodala went crazy out there...

8. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Don't tell me you think Lin >Harden?. If you say yes you have rocks in you're head

9. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

Ok how on earth was DMo ahead of tjones this year. We would be so much better off if tjones had been developing in the nba as long as DMo has. Just ridiculous. Watch them play for 10 minutes. Tjones an obvious nba player. DMo needs a lot of work.
    Was this mchale or morey? I'm betting its mchale. DMo can't board or defend. Tjones is maybe a slightly lesser shooter. Otherwise tjones all the way.
    Inexplicable.

10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Let it the F go bro. You are being obnoxious and incredibly annoying. This is how fans talk "we didn't do this/that. It's a lot easier than typing 'the rockets' or 'Chandler Parsons'. Please let it go for the love of God:mad:

11. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

The biggest dissapointment appart from the losses is Dmo and Trob. These guys have absolutely no solid ground on the court. Everyone else caters and has to spoon feed them, and the still don't finish half the time.

12. instar

instar Member

agree. should've given him minutes ealier.

13. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Lmao. His defense is sub-par but hardly as bad as your making it out to be. He is quite easily the best player on this team by a good margin? Who is better Asik? Lin? Parsons? Please. :rolleyes:

He gets shut down by good defensive teams? The Nuggets are a good defensive team now? He has plenty of good games against good defenses and plenty of stinkers its a mixed bag. Ever heard of a b2b? Ever think that he might be tired or injured? Ever heard of having bad games? Its called being human dumbass. God the stupidity of the average poster here is just mind boggling. Not only from LOFs mind you.

14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

You are crazy. I feel like I should explain why, but I'm not even gonna.

15. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

I know losing sucks, but I'm OK with this result because we now know that we should avoid the 6 at all costs, hold onto the 7 and hope the Spurs drop to 2 (pretty sure this will happen).

We avoid OKC, Denver and if Parker is in fact nursing an injury, I like our chances against the Spurs with Ginobili out. Manu and TP mean more to the Spurs than Lawson and Dino do to the super-deep Nuggets. Can you imagine if we could bring Chandler off the bench?

16. nono

nono Member

Tell me who is the best player if it isn't Harden ?

17. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

For those who apparently just started watching basketball recently, this was a back-to-back played at a mile high. Any inferences about the team that you draw from this game are pretty much useless. We were never going to win this game.

18. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Morey tossed Marcus Morris away for a bag of chips just so Dmo would get forced into the rotation. It was hardly Mchale's call. Since he did all that work to get him to play I'm guessing Mchale was willing to give him a shot.

But you're right, Tjones is so much better it isn't even funny.

19. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

My guess Dmo was a Morey project. He traded for him and has allways raved about him. Dmo is still 2 years and about 30 pounds away from being a two way player in the NBA.

20. Hughesy

Hughesy Member

Why do I need to say who the best player is? Someone said Harden is the best player. It is suffice to say Harden is NOT the best player, I don't need to specify who is, just need to point out that the claim is not so.

And in all honesty, I don't know who the best player is, everything is dependent upon the current game, the current few minutes being played, the sequence of plays unfolding. But in no way you can absolutely say there is 'Best' player.