1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nuggets 4/6/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 6, 2013.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Then who is the Rockets best player if not Harden :confused:

2. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

Did DMo play himself out of the playoff rotation?

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

If Lawson doesn't come back they won't make it to the 2nd round.

4. nono

nono Member

This was a team loss and I don't want to hate on D-Mo and T-Rob, but they've both really disappointed me.

5. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Harden is the PLAYER ON THIS TEAM BY A COUNTRY MILE

6. Entropy

Entropy Member

Dmo is still gonna get more minutes than Jones in the next game.

7. rolandvpro

rolandvpro Member

we? us? are you a rockets player?

8. forza525

forza525 Member

Somehow ending up as the 8th seed may not be as bad because even if we get through the first round (we get really lucky), we're undoubtedly facing the Nuggets next.

9. coach41

coach41 Member

Hey - the Warriors still have to play OKC, San Antonio and the Lakers. Nothing's a given for the Warriors.

BUT, if the Warriors tomorrow against Utah, we will clinch a playoff spot. That's all anyone is focused on right now.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

We actually play Memphis pretty well all year. Struggled last time but Harden was hurt assumingly because he missed the games after that.

11. instar

instar Member

I don't It's just the high altitude thing. DEN is really good. They took the series from pretty much every upper echelon team in the west. Too bad they lost Gallo.

12. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Yeah, this point is really the most disturbing. Give me anything but don't give me a quitter. And there was definitely quit present tonight.

13. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

I just would like to give a shout-out to Bev....he never stopped hustling. Props!

14. torocan

torocan Member

I've been following the Nuggets on and off for some time.

The Nuggets are a match up nightmare for the Rockets.

They are fast, play a fast pace, are highly athletic, with a very deep bench, strong shot blocking, good rebounding, one of the best defending guards in the NBA in Andre Iguodala and experienced players. Their strengths play into our weaknesses and our strengths match into their strengths.

This is aside from them having the biggest home court advantage in the NBA due to altitude.

It's not accident that I believe our best chance in the play offs THIS season are Memphis > Spurs > OKC/Denver.

As for tonight's game, I think we did okay.

Coming off a back to back, it's clear the team was running out of steam in the 2nd half with shots falling short and missed shots. Toss on that Denver was shooting very well and it's a recipe for a blow out.

I wouldn't put too much on this game in terms of judging the Rockets, however I still think Denver is a bad match up for us right now. Give the Rockets a year or two of seasoning and the opportunity to fill out the roster and bench properly and it won't be so bad.

2-1 on the road for this trip is pretty darn good.

Let's just hope our guys stay healthy and get some rest for the next batch of games. :grin:

15. rolandvpro

rolandvpro Member

we? hmm didnt know you play for them

16. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

harden only 14 pts...his mid range is jumper isn't good at all...

17. Tommyboys

Tommyboys Member

come on its not McHales fault that we lost, our defense was crap
    and bigs didnt do too well
    harden didnt get the ball too much cant really blame him
    jeremy and tjones did nice thou

18. Danpan

Danpan Member

We still scored 114 points. We win most nights?

19. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Yes they will.. theyll have to play houston or golden state LoL

20. Cautiously_Op

Cautiously_Op Member

Nuggets using Iggy really well, and Faried is the type of athletic physical do everything player that any team would love to have. Although they are shorthanded, their defense is so good. I’ve been a big fan of Andre Miller since his Utes days. Houston could really use a guard like him on the bench. At his old age, he is still durable and good enough to start too. What’s impressive about Denver is that they don’t have a single “superstar”. Iggy’s probably the closest they get to one. I think they’re a good example of the team concept. And then there’s George Karl.

I’m proud of what Houston did. I think if it wasn’t a back to back at 6000 feet above sea level and with three hours of sleep, it would have been a closer game. Having said that, there are some big holes in Houston’s defense that coaching really needs to focus on.