1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Is Rigged? Fan Shows Some Suspect Proof The NBA Needs Lakers In The Playoffs

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by LAFIRMA22, Apr 2, 2013.

1. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I almost want the NBA to do something about it, because who wants to endure another San Antonio and Utah, 1st Round series ... apparently no one outside of San Antonio and Utah. Just let the Lakers in for competitive and entertainment value.

2. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

as stated earlier the NBA needs to do the draft drawings in public. also, the refs need to be hired and managed by an independent organization

brace yourselves, skip bayless making sense

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RWbUFauHZ2A?list=PL12937C17EDE346DE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. jocar

jocar Member

Scandalous!
    Refs and the league need to be held accountable if this is game rigging.

4. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Does anyone expect Stephen A to say anything else? He is the biggest tool on the planet. Just wind him up and watch him go.

Funny how they show the highlights of the Kings game where the calls were questionable and not :eek::eek::eek::eek:

5. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

So they'd provide evidence of the rigging of the draft lottery in promotional materials?

6. coffeelover665

1 person likes this.
  7. OTMax

OTMax Member

Haha Steven A. Smith..."Joey Crawford is universally recognised as one of the best referees in NBA history" - really, universally Steven? He's one of the worst and funny that Smith thinks the league is not in on the conspiracy. Of course they are. What I can't figure out though is why no government agency has investigated the referees socializing and fraternising with people associated with certain teams. Why has the FBI not investigated Stern? There is something fishy about all this silence.

The same thing with FIFA (football / soccer) but here finally more and more cases are coming to light of players and whole teams being bribed and buying off officials. Still, either we are all wrong and there's nothing much going on or this thing goes as deep or deeper than mob type organisations with people being bribed, bought off and intimidated.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

My goodness....

9. OTMax

OTMax Member

Don't take it so seriously, it's two extremes and mob is just used as a metaphor here with referees supposedly taking bribes and league officials being intimidated by people like Cuban with regards to Yao ;)

10. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

nba is rigged huh? . . .

[​IMG]

11. WEHTT90s

WEHTT90s Member

I also believe the NBA is heavily influenced and not rigged, influenced more than any other sport. Something guys like Ryen Russillo and Mike Greenburg either don't realize or they gloss over, is that it would be too obvious if things are influenced too much. Mike Greenburg used the officiating in other sports to claim they don't get criticized like the NBA officiating. If ESPN wouldn't magnify questionable calls in other sports while downplaying a series of lopsided calls in NBA games, fans probably wouldn't give it so much attention. Greenburg also compared strike zones to NBA calls. Strike zones are open to interpretation and are hard to judge accurately unless watching from a monitor.

Sometimes "refs swallowing their whistles" late in the game mostly depends on the player or the team. I remember a game years ago between the Bobcats and Heat. Wade wasn't fouled but was still awarded 2 free throws. Someone for Charlotte (I think Gerald Wallace) was fouled hard and went down, he got no call. The Bobcats ended up winning in overtime. Wade got plenty of phantom fouls in the 2006 finals, some were near the end of games. Dwight had a great block on Lebron late in the 2009 playoffs but a foul was called.

Despite not being a huge market, the Spurs get plenty of calls. I think they'd still have all titles except for the one in 2007. The officiating in Game 3 was lopsided in favor of the Spurs, Amare played limited minutes as a result) I remember one of the first 2 games standing out to me because the Spurs got away with so much and still lost. The Spurs played dirty for most of that series (Amare being tripped, getting away with blatant hacking, Nash taking a knee to the groin). Bruce Bowen was one of the few players that could get physical with Kobe. Manu got plenty of favorable calls over the years. Some of the stuff Bruce Bowen got away with made me sick. People will say the Spurs are a small market and cause low ratings. They've had stars over the years. Maybe some calls they get aren't meant to favor them, but to go against against certain opponents. MJ retiring and 2 defensive teams that couldn't shoot well could be reasons why the ratings were so low for their first 2 titles.

In the 2010 finals, there were at least a dozen bad calls favoring the Lakers leading to them shooting 21 free throws for the quarter. Some people will use predictable statements like the Lakers were more aggressive and the Celtics were fouling carelessly because they were older. I had a bad feeling when I heard who the officials were for that game 7. Never before have I looked up who's officiating upcoming games.The 2008 WCSF was lopsided in favor of the Lakers. In game 5 there were 11 lopsided calls favoring the Lakers in the 4th quarter. In game 6, there at least 6 bad calls late in what ended up being a close game. The Lakers shot 16 more free throws in game 1, 27 more in game 2, 9 more in game 3, 14 more in game 5, and 13 more in game 6. I'm not just judging by free throws, the Lakers were more physical. I remember games in the regular season and the playoffs where Carlos Boozer got beat up in the paint against the Lakers with no call. In the 2009 playoffs, Utah made a comeback and probably would have made it a series, until a blatant no call where (I think) Ronnie Price go fouled. In the 2010 playoffs, even Deron Williams knew Utah got calls against Denver but it was a different story when they faced the Lakers again.

In game 2 of the NBA finals, people claim the Lakers got cheated because of one call against them. In that same game, the Lakers shot twice as many free throws and weren't in foul trouble to the extent that Boston was. Ray Allen had unfair calls against him in game one of that series. In game 1 of the WCF, Grant Hill and Jared Dudley weren't even allowed to guard Kobe.

Marc Cuban is often right about the officiating (I disagree about them claiming they were robbed against GS this season). They've lost a few games this year where bad calls went against late in close games, two were against Charlotte and OKC. One reason why I think Dirk is such a great scorer is because he plays through more contact than most stars. I couldn't help but notice that at one point Dallas had a losing record when Danny Crawford worked their games.

12. TheresTheDagger

13. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

I used to think the league was rigged for the Lakers, but what about the many games they have lost lately? They are 5-5 in their last 10 games. Not exactly what I would call rigged in their favor.

Now, superstar calls? Those do exist. But rigging a team into the playoffs? Don't think so.

14. Awesome

Awesome Member

Have you watched the games they won?

That's exactly the point

15. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Have you watched the games they lost?

That's my point. If the refs really wanted to rig the Lakers, they would be better than .500 in their last 10.

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

If you think it's rigged then don't watch. Most annoying thing in the world is the constant whining about the Lakers on every damn foul they get...

If the league was "rigging" them into the playoffs, how do they lose close games to teams like the Wizards and Suns?

People only see what they want to see...

17. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Thank you!

18. Awesome

Awesome Member

Well to be honest I dont and there have been plenty of other games I didnt watch for the fact that the whistles were just far too much to enjoy

That said I was specifically talking about some bad plays that were pretty blatant that werent called times in a row coincidentally..

I dont constantly complain myself about every foul, so whomever you are generalizing here is being greatly exxaggerated in your post.

19. rawool

rawool Member

Mike Conley was fouled by Steve Blake. No call.

20. clippy

clippy Member

Well tell me.. which games are the Lakers getting screwed on? I guess we can say the Hawks game even though that was a very iffy foul that happened after the shot was in the air. Meanwhile, this video,which just goes back a couple weeks, shows numerous plays in their favor, including multiple last second calls.

And it happened again tonight.