1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tierre Brown signs 10-day contract with Cavs

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by skymaster187, Mar 3, 2003.

1. skymaster187

skymaster187 Member

CLEVELAND (March 3) -- The Cleveland Cavaliers signed guard Tierre Brown to a 10-day contract Monday.

Brown, who played in 40 games last season with Houston, averaged 15.4 points and 4.9 assists in 41 games for North Charleston of the NBDL this season.

The 6-foot-2 point guard averaged 3.1 points and 1.8 assists with the Rockets last season. He had a career-high 16 points and seven assists in an April 17 game against Portland.

The Cavs, who at 11-48 have the NBA's worst record, had an open roster spot to fill after waiving Bimbo Coles on Friday.

Hope he does well

2. red

red Contributing Member

he's a former rocket so you could argue that this goes in the rockets forum. i watched TB play last week in one of the NBDL games and he was by far the best player out there. he was the go to guy on his team and he dominated. looks to have bulked up quite a bit since his rocket days.

i would have liked for the rockets to have kept him instead of tito and split the time moochie gets.

3. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Would this really be an upgrade? The NBDL is probably better than Cleveland.

4. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

haha.....

at least he's making 380k more......if he does good.

Congrats!!!

5. skymaster187

skymaster187 Member

Red I thought about posting in Rockets forum but did not wanna get rediculed like some do incase I was wrong.

Seems alot like to just like to put people down when a mistake is made.

6. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

He's a great kid but his game doesn't fit the NBA unless he learns to be a role player. All he really knows how to do is score but he can't score with the top players in the league or on his team for that matter. He's sort of like Dan Langhi was for us but it seems he's turned himself into a pretty decent cleanup man for the Suns.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

LaFadeaway....

It fits the NBA game, he can play, he just needs the right situation.

Heck, I would rather have him then Moochie...TB pushes the ball up and was the best passer on the fast break.

DD

8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

No more Brown out, go Tierre!

9. DJ

DJ Member

Tierre Brown looks different. In addition to bulking up, Brown grew an afro. I wished we kept Brown.