1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN]Cuban extends invitation to Britney Griner

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by bullardfan, Apr 2, 2013.

1. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Cuban is trolling.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/J2724WBdPbU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Anyways, checked her out on youtube, and all her shots would get blocked in the NBA. Worse than Yao getting blocked by Nate Robinson. No way she can play in NBA, probably would get wrecked playing against more athletic, stronger high school boys.

Starts around 1:27

2. krnxsnoopy

LOL.. so ridiculous.

3. krnxsnoopy

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AxsU1M5PmgI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Athleticism is on par with Yao Ming. Except she's only 6'8 and 210 lbs. Yao was 7'6 300 lbs.

4. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

The average center in women's D1 school is about the size of Jeremy Lin. So yeah... not gonna happen.

5. xcamm1

xcamm1 Member

There is no way you could not beat her off the dribble. Come on man. Give yourself some credit. I think you are giving her way to much credit. Her lateral speed is horrible.

6. xcamm1

xcamm1 Member

You are dumb, and obviously never played basketball before. The worse mens d1 school in the country would beat baylor women by 20 plus points.

7. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

So when does the WNBA start drafting men?

8. Raven

Raven Member

Attention w****.

1 person likes this.
  9. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Funny when a woman needs to be a 6 foot 7 dunk machine in order to be "considered" for the NBA. How about a 5 foot 10 girl who can shoot 3's at 60% and has Danica Patrick marketability.

10. bmt1334

bmt1334 Member

Yeah, I know she wouldn't be able to stay in front of me, but I'm not sure I could stop her in the post. That's why I said we couldn't check each other. I'm sure that I'm stronger and more athletic but she is really long. I think she might get a block or two trailing to beat me in a close game. That said we used to play around with the girls team at the program luncheons and it wasn't fair, even though the mens team was mostly just fooling around with them.

11. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Can she be the MJ of the WNBA? The answer better be yes. Even then, I have no idea if that caliber of player could make it in the NBA. As someone else said, the most ideal role would be spot up shooter. And she'd have to play PG so her height can help compensate against other PGs who would be shorter but more athletic in every way.

But it's clearly an attention grabbing headline more than anything. No need to use a pick on her.

Although at this point I'd rather pick her than Royce.

12. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

I laughed way too hard hahaha

13. da_juice

da_juice Member

No woman will ever play in the NBA unless she's playing a Steve Novak role or she's a freak of nature (size wise).

If you think basketball is hard to ref now, try reffing it when you have co-ed teams. What may be a basketball play on a man may be a flagrant (or harassment) on a woman. Co-ed may fly in pickup or intramural games, but in the physical game of the NBA, it won't work.

1 person likes this.
  14. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

So since some girls and can beat some guys on the playground, and since Griner would destroy all of us on clutchfans, that means she can play in the NBA. Ok.

15. hltiki

hltiki Member

If she makes it while playing at the normal NBA level standards, then I dont see why she shouldn't play.

16. hltiki

hltiki Member

What do you mean flagrant/harassment? Like the Chris Paul ball tap or just a mere post up? I can't see how there would be a harassment call on the court.

NBA is a professional sport, professional. Everyone, from refs to cameramen to coaches and to players, is expected to play the game professionally. A woman wanting to play in the NBA would be a pro too and would know she'd be stepping into a man's world.

I just wouldnt wanna be the guy who gets crossed or burned by her is all.

17. Scientific1

Scientific1 Member

Sheryl Miller was a mean biotch on the court. The way she'd come up and get rebounds swangin her elbows. Reggie had to be good to play against her, or get his teeth knocked out. Griner is considered the mast dominant female player ever, and even though I was but a wee lad when Sheryl was playing. Watching her high lights, I've never seen a female basketball with as much talent as Sheryl Miller.

Griner would get destroyed in the NBA. But she could have played for most any men's D1 team. I agree with that.

18. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

Why does he always have to be in the news?

19. mig0s

mig0s Member

Are women even allowed in the NBA?

20. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Ummm... since when is someone who has 18 career dunks a "Dunk Machine"? She would get completely obliterated in the NBA, there is no question.