1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Lowry-Dragic vs. Lin Tracking Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JCDenton, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Random Fan

Random Fan Member

Lin's asked to play point guard but can't. If he didn't have someone to throw it to and stand in a corner he'd average 11 turnovers a game. Even when Harden's not in there he throws it to someone and stands in a corner.

2. Random Fan

Random Fan Member

I'm not gonna compare a player that can't dribble to real NBA point guards.

3. nono

nono Member

He would be averaging 18 at least. He's been scoring more than that in the 4 games we've played without Harden.

4. hkomives

hkomives Member

The game against Orlando, most of the times he did throw it somebody, but refuse to stand in the corner, he even dare to take some shots and missed 8 of them.

Deserved benching in the fourth, that accounted for less turnovers.

5. Random Fan

Random Fan Member

Even the worst players of all time had game where they put up respectable numbers. A few decent games here and there (statistically) doesn't matter too much in the grand scheme of things when visually it's clear there's so much fundamentally wrong with his game. Shooting is probably one of his stronger traits (not necessarily strong, but not as weak as other parts of his game). His main problem is ballhandling. It's bad. Historically bad. I've watched decades of basketball at every level and I've never seen such a bad ballhandler in my life.

6. raised

raised Member

but aren't you 13?

7. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

You're right. I mean he is so bad even you're better than him right.

8. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Your post makes it very obvious that you haven't watched decades of basketball and that it's usually children who have to make things up and pretend. When you're in 7th grade detention this week and don't have anything else to do you really should think it over and decide if you want to spend your life being troll.

1 person likes this.
  9. seahawk

seahawk Member

I actually enjoys this thread with the presence of Random Fan. He is funny because none of the thing he said make any sense.

10. coffeelover665

lol what an idiotic statement. Everyone assumes you have the the lifespan of a teenager because you have the academic diligence of a 13 year old. No one on this forum believes that Lin have handles equivalence of a tween even if he had one hand. please bless us with your departure so we can be cure of your toxicity. I can already feel it, the stupidity is making my eye twitch

11. hkomives

hkomives Member

A lot of times Lin let the ball roll after a inbound pass to him instead of picking it up immediately, I thought that was to save more time to run a play, but it's clear now he's afraid of dribbling and create a turnover.

He also throw a lot of long passes to streaking teammates, that's probably because he don't have to dribble and create a turnover.

Handing off to Harden and standind in corner is also extremely telling about his handles.

1 person likes this.
  12. pnr

pnr Member

I really don't know how Lin gets over 30 minutes a game in any game considering his dribbling abilities are that of a 12 year old. It's baffling how he's even playing significant minutes in the NBA cause he's so turnover prone.

13. hkomives

hkomives Member

I disagree, some 12 year olds dribble pretty well.

You left out no J, can't go left, no defense, bad passes.

Why bench him only in the foruth, why not first, second and third.

14. bbsuser

bbsuser Member

Come on, don't insult a 13 year old! :mad:

15. Ultimateian

Ultimateian Member

Lin and harden are essentially the same type of scorer. But who is better at driving in and kicking out of the two? Now guess who is being asked to change into a spot up shooting role?

16. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Funny post :)

17. ogh

ogh Member

Give THE kid a chance to grow up, you guys.

18. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

You probably spent 30% of you life watching basketball based on your comments. Yes, that's alot of basketball for a 10 year old.

19. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

Wow Lowry has fallen off a cliff stat wise

Previous 10 Games 31.4 .360 3.8 6.2 0.5 1.1 3.5 8.4

March 31.1 3.1-7.9 .387 1.3-4.1 .311 1.7-2.1 .806 5.2 6.3 0.5 1.6 3.7 2.7 9.1

March 4-12

This kid didn't deserve this type of team

I really hope he gets his chance next year

20. RocketFever

RocketFever Member

Only 8 players this season have had 2 or more streaks of 2 or more consecutive games with 15pts and 10 assists...Lebron, Paul, Rondo, Kobe, Holiday, Vasquez, Deron, oh, and Jeremy