1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Lowry-Dragic vs. Lin Tracking Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JCDenton, Nov 1, 2012.

1. solid

solid Contributing Member

Overall, looks like a "wash" surprisingly. I was O.K. with Lowry being shipped, but I was really upset about Dragic. In retrospect, it has all worked out.

2. roxxy

roxxy Member

LOL. If anything this luxury should be applied to Lowry who has to play with Gay & DeRozan to black holes. Dragic would be fine if he was coached better.

3. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Doubtful, Lowry had beef with the coaching staff before he left basically demanding a trade. Add that to his injury issues the past two seasons, he doesn't really have a consistent 3 point shot and he isn't really desirable to the franchise as a starter.

Eh, people keep putting the blame on the teams, but don't really good players get the best out of the teams they are on? I've said it before and will do so again this thread is wasteful as it is useless and devolves into pinning over Lowry or Dragic by their defenders or Lin defenders taking offense and the fact is few are going to change their positions.

You get more productive discussion with comic book fans debating Superman vs. Thor vs Spawn.

4. syntax error

syntax error Contributing Member

In the 4 games without harden lin us averaging 21.5 points and 7.0 assists.

In 34 mins.

TOs r high at 3.8 per game.

And we saw him in NY last year. He's capable of putting up numbers when given the reigns

5. sean joh

sean joh Member

PER takes into account positive accomplishments, such as field goals, free throws, 3-pointers, assists, rebounds, blocks and steals, and negative ones, such as missed shots, turnovers and personal fouls. The formula adds positive stats and subtracts negative ones through a statistical point value system. The rating for each player is then adjusted to a per-minute basis .
    PER= (FG + FT +3 pointers + A + R + B + S) - (miss shots + TO + PF) / mins

6. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

Lowry(raptors)- on a team without a lotto pick and next year will probable not make the playoffs, i can see the wiz, pistons and bobcats getting better then the Raptors. Raptors might tank next year for Wiggins,Parker
    (Next year stats)
    4.7 RB
    5.5 Ast
    1.5 Stl
    2.4 TO

Dragic(Suns)- On a team that is the worst in the West and will probable be the worst next year, Suns will tank next year and try and get Wiggins or Parker
    (Next year stats)
    8.4 Ast
    3.7 RB
    1.6 Stl
    2.7 TO

Lin(Rockets) - On a playoff team and a team that will be contenders next year
    (Next year stats)
    6.7 Ast
    3.0 RB
    1.9 Stl
    2.8 TO

7. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Lin has a higher ceiling, is younger, etc. It's no brainer really.
    If he can improve his jumper this off season, watch out.

8. New

Well said.

9. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

His jumper has improved THIS year.. Lin started out shooting terrible and he's managed to climb his 3p % to almost 34%. If he can have a completely healthy summer and come back after a full training camp w/ Harden he will be a serious threat and weapon for this team.

10. SugarLandDream8

If the Harden trade didn't happen and this team had Martin instead, Lin's stats would probably be 20 ppg, 9 apg, 2 spg

Popular belief is the team MIGHT have a worst record but even that may not be true.

The Thunder are winning at a bettter % with Martin than they were with Harden.

The Rockets are winning roughly at a similar % this season as the previous 3, subtracting the 4 games Harden missed.

11. New

Stats is objective, but interpretation of stats is "subjective" if one does not really do a careful test on their claim. There is a reason why not every people can be Nate Silver and why Romney's team believed he was winning. The problem we have is like people are arguing using the mean value without even looking at the standard deviation.

12. Random Fan

Random Fan Member

It's an insult to Dragic and Lowry to be compared to Lin.

13. VanityHalfBlack

Adding insult to injury, they're not in the playoffs.

14. kent335

kent335 Member

Who are Dragic and Lowry? I've never heard of either of them.

15. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Look at their numbers... Lin was straight up better than Lowry this year... Dragic shot the 3 WORSE than Lin. At least try not to sound so biased..:rolleyes:

16. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Since the new year, Lin has shot 38% from downtown on 129 attempts. That's over a half season of good shooting. His hard work is paying off.

17. Anxiety Trooper

I watch games. I can tell you what I see from Dragic is better than what I see from Lin. Lin is better than I imagined he would be but I'm still taking dragic and the player option over Lin. Just my opinion.

18. roxxy

roxxy Member

This makes little sense. No way would be be averaging 20 & 9. Max he would be averaging 15 & 8.

Yes we would have a worst record without Harden. We would likely be fighting for the 8th seed right now in the same position as Utah, Dallas & the Lakers.

19. hkomives

hkomives Member

It's not an insult but more of comparing apples with oranges.

Lin doesn't play point guard, he hands ball to Harden and stand in corner.

20. Random Fan

Random Fan Member

None of them play with James Harden.