1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Magic @ Rockets 4/1/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Asik, Lin,Garcia , Bev and Smith are playing really well right now. That second unit almost cost us the game but overall it's a good learning curve for the young team.

2. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

Yes I think he should eventually be a head coach somewhere in the NBA and run for the presidency and be the first Asian American President.:grin:

3. OTMax

OTMax Member

Garcia in the starting line-up surprised me and seemed like it was again a good move since that keeps Delfino in his usual role + Sisco produced. Were his blocks any impressive, his threes certainly were that they showed on the highlight reel.

4. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

There is no controversy. Lin has not been looked highly upon by McHale/Sampson quite evidently. Thus, TD and Beverley were played over Lin in important stretches throughout the year. Lin isn't too happy about this, and would rather be given the trust to be the main pg of the team and play like one. He still feels its up to McHale whether to trust in Lin more or not and will not rock the boat and no, McHale does not hate Lin nor vice versa. Nor is Lin entitled to any minutes.
    As fans, it was pointed out that Lin being the main pg and Harden the SG would be good by many posters. It was also pointed out that Lins minutes should be more consistent especially in the fourth quarter. What is being disputed is whether Lin deserves that respect from the coaches ala Parsons and Harden. What is also being disputed is whether Lin is clearly better than TD or now Bev. It's a legit dispute, I concede that it's not a given. The problem is that any complaint on Lins minutes is being equated by many as not being a "true" Rockets fan or a r****ded brainwashed Lin fanboy with low bball iq who is critiquing McHale just to ruin Clutchfans. This is an absurd overreaction. There are some Lin fans here who are over the top idiotic and hope that either we lose games to spite McHale or put down other players to somehow so praise Lin. This is the minority. A much larger number of posters not even including outright trolls like Random Fan, over react and belittle Lin at every chance during game threads ruining the GARM much more so than Lin fans. To them, any and all Lin supporters are delusional and all criticisms from them are to be dismissed and branded as bad posters. It is simply not fair.
    Personally, I have never spoke badly about any Rockets player, loved what Bev has brought us from day one (I dare you to find one comment that was negative about him), think Harden is not only the best player on the Rockets but the best 2 guard in the entire league, think Parsons has something special and is underrated, believe Omer to be boss in so many ways even on offense, and love our bench especially Delfino. The only criticisms I made were against McHale's rotations, inconsistency in giving Lin the trust to flourish, and in our over dependence on iso ball at times. I actually think Harden-isos are a critical part of our offense and believe Harden to have great vision. But you'd think that I was a Lin only fan who didn't care about the Rockets everytime I defend, for crying out loud, our own player and discuss how best the Rockets can win. It's unfair and totally unfortunate that people are so biased against anyone who defends Lin. Now Torocans being attacked. Roxxy, too, at times. These are the fair-minded posters and people treat even them as if they were fanatical conspiracy theorists. Really?
    On a final note, we're having an awesome year with much more to come. We've got a great team. Please don't knock Lin too much unless he's deserving of it, and don't misunderstand critique and frustration against McHale and let it be a trigger for you guys to start labeling people and saying how "they're ruining Clutchfans". It sounds like certain racists in past history talking about immigrants ruining this country.

#1604 raskol, Apr 2, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. bball7

bball7 Contributing Member

Well said. I'd rep you if I could.

6. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Rockets win! I'll take it.

7. raskol

Is that a Beatles reference? Your name? Love that song.

8. lomahtw

lomahtw Member

fair enough.

9. javajam

javajam Contributing Member

I agree. I do not believe he is "sending a message." It's his sense of humor (turned inward) talking. I've never heard him say anything negative about someone else's playing or coaching--except his own.

10. raskol

I agree that he typically never talks negative about anyone, but I don't believe that lobbying for playing time in the 4th or asking to have a more of a leading role is negative in any way.

11. javajam

My heart kinda pounded near the end, but it did work out. I tried to keep faith because though new to the team, they all had experience (three overseas, LOL).

12. basketballholic

Ruh Roh!

McHale finally discovered that Beverley and Lin could both play in the back court together.

13. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

bwhahahahahhhaahhahah

14. dianelo

dianelo Member

LOL. I couldn't help laughing for a few minutes when I saw your post. I wanted to snap him on his face too.

15. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I am sick and tired of hearing all this drama coming from some of cats....We cant even enjoy a victory without you Lin fans flooding these Rockets sites/forums with the same old sad song.....SMDH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I am sick and tired of hearing all this drama coming from some of you cats....We cant even enjoy a victory without you Lin fans flooding these Rockets sites/forums with the same old sad song.....SMDH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Always complaining about Lin not getting used properly, how he isn't playing in clutch minutes, how McHale doesn't like him, and etc etc etc etc......Man please STFU with that nonsense...DAAAAAAAAANNNNNNGGGGGGG y'all are annoying as F...

17. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Man did anybody else see Asik dominate the paint last night...22 points and 18 rebounds...

18. javajam

But he wouldn't be unprofessional and do it through the media.

19. AustinPowers

AustinPowers Member

Yes!
    Love JLin!

Double Double Lin lin. :p

20. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Great win last night, I know some didnt think we would win.Well I am glad that they proved yall wrong lol...Asik had a monster game in the paint, Smith handle his bizz once again, Lin played a solid game, had a double double,,and the rest stepped up as well..This is exactly what a team suppose to do when two of their starters are out. Step your game up....

Go Rockets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!