1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Pat Bev really better than Aaron Brooks?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TriCkz, Apr 1, 2013.

1. WAYFARER713

WAYFARER713 Member

Bev can play defense..

2. larry cook

larry cook Member

abs koo but bevs a Animal:eek:

3. Fighton

Fighton Member

BTW the clippers broadcasters were comparing bev to bledsoe in terms of playing style. the more i watched the two go at it, the more i agree.

didn't bev win the euro dunk contest or something?

if bev does turn into another bledsoe next year, that will be very, very good for the rockets.

4. dudeimfromhtown

he can score a lot of points and dish out better then lin. Also he is the reason why we are even in the playoffs

5. itstheyear3030

uhh...nothing against Bev, but didn't he go for a stretch of 5-6 games where he didn't score a single point despite significant minutes?

6. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Why people turn this in to a Bev vs Lin thread is beyond me...

7. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Offensively
    Lin: deceptive yet explosive first step that allows him to burn his defender if left isolated...Poor shooting form that contributes to his inconsistent shooting on the floor. High TO prone...when not timid...his best attribute is attacking the rim...he doesnt mind laying out on the floor...

Beverly: Ability to maintain his dribble and see the floor well. Average Shooter, needs the rock to be effective...

AB: impossible to keep in front...streak shooter and can burn past anyone...

Defensively:
    Lin: Terrific recovery defender...while he may get juked on plays, he recovers well bc of his size and has a terrific knack of getting steals in traffic. Rebounds enough to be decent...Above average team defender

Beverly: Excellent on ball pressure defender, and has the ability to keep his player in front of him...and prevent an early execution of an offensive play...just a pest...above average team defender...he may not always be super efficient in preventing his guy from scoring, but he gives them hell doing it...

AB: poor all around defender...would rather just look to out score you...too small to prevent being posted up by bigger guards...

Overall Summary: based on the current season and its efficiency:
    Beverely came out of no where, and could definetly threaten Lin's starting role by next season if he can be more of a reliable scorer and efficient offensive PG.
    But based on Harden's use on this team as a primary facilitator and scorer, Lin is a better fit primarily bc Lin can be an effective 2 guard when he is focused and driven. I really think if Lin can work on working on his form and being a full year removed from his knee injury, he can do something special...has the talent...as great as Beverly has been, Lin's ceiling has been shown to be much higher...he will get better...Beverly may be a better PG, but i personally dont think he is a better player...

8. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Have we really seen what Bev can do? Was he more of a scorer in europe? cause he passes up ALOT of open shots, wish he'd take moreof them

9. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

According to NBA 2K13, Brooks is better than Bev AND Lin!

1 person likes this.
  10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That's where I'm at. I haven't seen enough of Brooks since we got him to be able to figure out if his offence is good enough to counterbalance Beverley's clearly superior defence. Good enough to eat into Beverley's minutes, much less get ahead of him in the rotation. I just don't see AB being able to do that, which is a comment on Beverley's play, I guess. But yeah, what sort of Aaron Brooks have we got? The AB that played in the playoffs was pretty darned good.

#90 Deckard, Apr 1, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  11. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Would not be surprised if Aaron Brooks all of a sudden gets play-off minutes out of the blue though.

12. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Feel like that was the real reason why they signed Brooks.

13. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Doubt it, too much chemistry issues and not enough NBA minutes with the players on the court.

If Brooks is getting real NBA minutes, the Rockets are probably doing really really poorly (or there is an injury).

14. Rockie_rocker

Rockie_rocker Member

AB is MIP few years ago taking us into 2nd round, and given no chance to show in current roster. Bev played like solid backup last 15 games, then u said bev is better than AB?? what is wrong with your memory? Have u ever seen how AB played?
    accoring to your logic, BEv is even better than Rose

15. joesr

joesr Member

that is the problem though. AB's only advantage is his offense and I mean HIS. Team offense is better with Bev than with Brooks (playmaking and all).

Defensive wise, Brooks can just forget about it.

16. Just Ballin

Just Ballin Member

Anyone forgetting AB struggled to stay in Sacramento's rotation over Isaiah and Jimmer?

17. The RavenEffect

He probably is at this pint. He's also shooting nearly 40 from 3, so it's not like they desperately need his shooting at the backup PG.

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

lots of people were struggling there. Its SAC.

19. rob1

rob1 Member

AB was never the same after the injury. Dude seems to have lost his speed. And when he is not shooting well he is just a 5,10 little man who brings nothing to the table. I hope i'm wrong though, was a big fan in his MIP season.

20. GWST11

GWST11 Member

Beverley is too foul prone, oh and not also not starter material. Good bench guy tho.