1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Atkins diet week 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DaDakota, Aug 4, 2003.

1. tharges

tharges Member

DD,
    Whats a normal day like for you food wise? Whats your go to when your hungry?
    People always talk about this diet, but im curious what you are doing so that i may give it a go. Congrats DD keep it up

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Really? I thought it meant you were burning more fat? So dark purple means you need more water, because the ketones are being released at a steady rate and as such would be more prevelant in dehydration urination?

DD

3. DaDakota

Kind of.

What this does for me, is I know how many carbs I can eat on a daily basis to maintain - somewhere around 150 IIRC.

But to get to my weight I need to get my body to burn off those excess carbs stored in fat.

Normal day last week:

Breakfast - Eggs and cheese - sometimes breakfast tacos just throw away tortillas
    Lunch - Fajita Salad - Cheese, Guac, Pico, Beef - no rice or beans
    Dinner - Fish or Chicken with a side of vegatables.

So far, that is it, as I sit here, I am eating a taco salad from Taco cabana with Taco beef, Cheese, Guac, Pico, Lettuce, jalapenos...and having a water flavored with Crystal light lemonade.

DD

4. mario_v

mario_v Member

Has anyone tried Intermittent fasting? Basically, you fit all your meals in a six hour eating window. For example eat from 12 pm- 6 pm, then you fast for the next 18 hours and repeat it the next day.

You're not starving yourself or eating less. You don't have to limit your carbs, just eat smart and all the fat will melt off.

The Hodgetwins from twin muscle workout really made intermittent fasting into this popular trend in the bodybuilding youtube community. It really worked for them and it shows. If you notice there before and after videos you can see all their fat on their face and entire body is sucked out, but in a good way,;) just all abs, muscles, striations and definition.

5. Sajan

Sajan Member

I have been doing intermittent fasting for the last 7 months or so now. Love it.

6. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the last couple of weeks i've been doing a 24 hour fast once a week. Thinking about going up to 2 times week though.

7. mario_v

mario_v Member

I personally think it's the best way to drop pounds. Especially, if you've reached a plateau and want to lose those extra pounds on the love handles or midsection area.

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Week 1 successfully complete. I'm eating more salad/greens than ever before, and chugging water (3-4L per day). Only worked out 2 hours. Dropped 4 lbs., feel good.

Energy was down first couple of days but excellent now. Have been working/writing non-stop.

Really helps to have Stevia. I find that when I use regular sweetner it slows down fat loss - maybe paranoia on my part, but prefer the Stevia anyway since it's 100% natural. Highly recommended for those on atkins. Doesn't mix well with everything, but gets the job done. I'm over carb cravings right now.

9. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

I hate the word diet. You need to change your lifestyle, to keep it off and stay healthy. I know that it is not easy, but if you want to feel better all of the time that is what it takes.

10. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

IF is cool if you can stick with it. Leaves room for bigger meals in the evening if you are expecting to eat out etc. Keto,Hcg,vlcd,ckd,tkd,paleo,zig zag or whatever you chose must be a sustainable lifestyle. If you consider any of these just a diet and do it for 6 months or a year whatever, you'll gain it all back and then get even fatter. What I find easiest is just find your BMI, BMR at the weight you're trying to target and stick with that. Calories in less than Calories out and you shall lose weight no matter what you eat (yes carbs oh no!). A deficit of approx 3500cal equals a lbs of fat loss. Just make sure you fit it in your macros. 90 percent is diet 10 is training.

11. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

Not to derail but since I lost 30 pounds over the past year, I thought I should share my diet tips.

It involves a bit less meat than Atkins and more veggies and drinking lots of water.

I have been stir-frying a lotta veggie dishes with some meat to give it flavor, and also having some salads and adding random good meat into it to give it flavor. Heck I even add lasagna into my salad to give it flavor. Then have a fruit as dessert.

Whatever you can do to eat more greens, not only will you lose weight because you are eating less calories, its healthy for you because human bodies were designed to eat more greens than meat. You reduce your cancer risk and diverticulosis risk and your bowel movements become more regular (added plus!).

A big part of my success is I have been staying away from eating too many sweets and soda. They are the devil. I also try to stay away from deep-fried stuff and too much battered or heavy carb dishes. Occasional pasta with spinach and lotta veggies and some meat is fine.

Lotta water is helpful bigtime too. You stay hydrated so that is good for all your organs and especially your kidneys and it helps keep your metabolism going.

#71 rm365, Mar 31, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
  12. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I say to chill on the cheese. Maybe once a week max.

13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Cheese will kill anyone's diet. Unless you are on an all-carb diet LOL.

14. DaDakota

Cheese does not have carbs...I believe.

DD

15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

4oz cheese per day is fine for atkins. Not cream cheese though.

16. DaDakota

9 pounds down in first 2 weeks.

Would have been more but we had conference and I had a few adult beverages, stayed true to low carb though, and am in solid Ketosis, burning fat and the pee sticks are moderately purple.

A few months more to go, and I feel great.

DD

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Hope you keep your health in check too.

18. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

DD, alot of people feel light headed when transitioning into ketosis, especially when standing up. Have you experienced this?

19. DaDakota

I always feel energized on a low carb diet, once you move past the first 3 days or so.....

Feeling great, lost another pound yesterday......so am officialy 1/6th the way home.

Commodore, I did not experience that at all, I was pretty low energy the first 3 days, but once Ketosis started around day 3 or 4, energy got back to normal and I feel great.

The only negative is an acidy taste in the back of your throat, and your urine stinks - but that is the ketones being released in your body.

I love this diet - you are never hungry, just no breads, no pasta, no sugar....in actuality I am not following any diet, just learned enough from 9 years ago to make up my own. Eating what I like, making sure I drink water and eat fiber and losing weight.

Today's menu

Breakfast - 2 boiled Eggs
    Lunch - Anti Pasta salad
    Dinner - Steak and Asparagus

DD

#79 DaDakota, Apr 3, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  20. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

I'm back on this sucker because I have a wedding to look good for :p. 3rd day and the initial low energy feelings have set in which should pass. I can't believe i posted in this thread almost 10 years ago. For the most part I've been able to keep the weight off but being in your late 30s makes it much more difficult these days.