1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The reason why Lin is not consistent

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tom84128, Mar 27, 2013.

1. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

Nice read. GSmith runs down the middle of the court pretty well, as did 2Pat...I don't recall Asik running to the front of the rim, nor DMo...but to be fair, DMO can't stay on the court long enough.

2. DBRox

DBRox Contributing Member

With everyone wanting our bigs to post up it seems like it will be a challenge to the offense game. It looks like they will need to figure things out because we need to open up our options and be more dimensional. I think we will get it though, this summer is going to be very important to the team.

3. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

Like every player on the team, he's doing his best to make things happen on court. And the coaches are doing their thing, making the best calls they can and developing players in the way they see fit to build this team into a contender. I guess sometimes that means things are done in way that don't make sense to some fans, but the only truth I know is that I don't know what's going on in the players' and coaches' heads.

If you're just cheering for Lin, I can see why you'd be frustrated. Try cheering for the Rockets instead, you might enjoy this incredible season a whole lot more.

4. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

I think they're talking specifically about in transition though, and I definitely see those guys running to the post in transition.

5. DBRox

DBRox Contributing Member

haha yes you're right, I should probably read thoroughly next time lol

6. King1

King1 Contributing Member

McFail is a racist! Free Lin! Linsanity makes me touch myself!

1 person likes this.
  7. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

[​IMG]

8. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

The KING HAS SPOKEN. Can I use it for my signature... seriously. :grin:

9. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

King1 is on the edge of nervous breakdown. Lin fans have successfully driven him "linsane":grin:

10. liubaoxin

liubaoxin Member

Backetball 101, Rockets two biggest current problems, forget about star/superstar, bla, bla...

1> Start playing some team helpping/rotating defence, not just ball watching on D.
    2> Start running the floor like a SG should be doing, not staying back padding rebounding stats from your center/forwards.

This is not a Rocket starter problem, not a team inconsistancy problem. It is classic case of have a phony "supperstar" carrryout mentality...

11. gate470

gate470 Rookie

Too bad this will get ignored.

12. davek

davek Member

Again did u watch the game? Obviously u didn't. If you did you'll notice difference what Lin did compared to PB & Jam at 2nd half.

Nothing against PB he's great...This is how McFail failed as a coach....
    He's tried to prove a point and he failed over and over again...what a big ass loser. I have 0 respect for him now...I gave the benefit of the doubt a few times but not anymore.

13. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Yeah I watched it, he was turrible first half and second half he was decent got 2 asts to Asik but overall Bev played better and McHale stuck with him.

14. RocketFever

RocketFever Member

I'm gonna let you in on a secret about non-6th man backups...when they get in the game, they know they have a limited time in there, so they go full out and expend a ton of energy on offense on defense, but leave nothing in the tank for more than 20-25 minutes worth of playing time. That's why a back-up looking like he's got of ton of energy and making a huge impact is usually fool's gold, cause they don't pace themselves, and burn out quickly. So, even if Bev was playing like an All-Star, he'll burn out after a short time, just like what happened last game.

15. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Cool you can read power levels.

[​IMG]

16. davek

davek Member

2nd half he was absolutely take control of the team...This is what you want for your starting PG dont u? But he pulled him out WTF? seriously...anyway...

Nothing against PB he's great...This is how McFail failed as a coach....
    He's tried to prove a point and he failed over and over again...what a
    big ass loser. I have 0 respect for him now...I gave the benefit of
    the doubt a few times but not anymore.

Also note that Jlin only had 3 turnovers....look how poorly did Harden played?
    Can u say bad coaching? ummm...Love harden but he look terrrrible in
    that game....coaches turned a blind eye....thats fine since he is our
    number player.

It's his treatment to his starting PG that makes me sick! He's really
    pushing it with the benching cut the **** out we close to
    playoffs....You pull this **** during playoffs I want you gone.

If McHale wants PB as a starter do it now...don't dick us around with
    this benching ****. Have some balls and start PB if not...respect JLin as your starter b****! Tired of this benching game....

17. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

He did okay, the lead went back up to 10pts before he was subbed out.

18. syntax error

syntax error Contributing Member

Its not just about %. Otherwise you would shoot 3 pointers every possession because shooting 34% on threes is like shooting 51% on twos. When.the hail Mary play fails its a turnover and worse still its a quik turnover.

Why is it that point guards around the league dont rely on the hail Mary pass as much as lin does? He's not magic Johnson and he doesn't have James worthy and co to cat h the outlet passes.

19. syntax error

syntax error Contributing Member

Where in the league will he be able to play the way he wants to play? Charlotte? Washington? Phoenix?

Unless he's on a lottery team he will be playing second fiddle and given this is a wing dominant league it figures that on most decent teams he will be alongside a ball dominant wing who is better than he is or at least takes peecedence. All well and good to be a showtime point gguard who can't protect the ball but how valuable would he be to the average NBA team?

He's better off improving his handles and developing a floater and tear drop and improving his shooting. And learning how to fall.

Nothing wrong with averaging 16 points and 4 assists and shooting 45%. That's a pretty good player

20. otisthorpe3

otisthorpe3 Member

In the first quarter of the Memphis game, Lin commits 2 TO, leading to easy points for the Grizzlies. History repeats itself.