1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Pacers @ Rockets 3/27/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 26, 2013.

1. conquistador#11

i know the following is not popular.
    But we, the rockets, play the best when we play democratic ball.
    give us democratic ball or give us death.
    and according to mchale he wants that as he yet continues to complain that the ball gets sticky? I wonder why that is, mchale. Beard goes rogue and you can't control him. the beard supremacy!

2. kozmo

kozmo Member

So he had 8 points in 20 minutes...fact right...had 4 assists in 20 minutes....would it be reasonable if he played the 40 that harden layer that he would have had 18 and 8? Or if he had of played 30 had 12 and 6?

Lin didn't do anything special but he hardly sucked. He did have 3 turnovers in a few minutes but also played really well in the 3rd and kept us in the game.

Perhaps Michael should have let him play in the 3rd as they were ona little run but chose to pull him and put Ina guy who had 1 assist in 30 minutes. No steals and just 9 points?

Lin wasn't the problem the team didnt lay wel and harden was god awful

These are facts...not something I made up so when I read nonsense aout Beverly and Lin it's just silly....when I read ridiculous stuff like bench harden when he's laying off I wonder who the idiot is? Fact is, play your starters...live and die with them...never lay harden for 40 minutes because its nuts. He had a bad night, sit him down and rest him...bring n Bev and Lin and let them run I stead of walking the ball up e floor like harden does....give the man a break

3. pnr

pnr Member

Oh and I predicted that we'd lose by around 10 if we play halfcourt. And what do ya know... credit to Pacers transition D I guess

4. tvd

tvd Member

agreed. it happens too often this way of McHale coaching.:(

5. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Even Jose Calderon does a better job of taking care of the basketball compared to Lin.

6. pnr

pnr Member

Wtf? Calderon's always had low turnovers. Where the hell did Calderon's name even come from...

7. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

Bull*****, just one game, for 3 minutes. Most of time, Lin does a good job.

8. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Right. Some people, perhaps including McHail, just don't understand the bigger math. 18 bricked shots is a lot of shots that could have been made by another player.

9. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

i agree

10. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

How many times has Harden had back-to-back turnovers this season? It's happened quite often, and sometimes in more crucial moments. Did he get any flak for it from coaches let alone benched for a quarter and a half? Never.

Favoritism makes sense since Harden is the proclaimed superstar but he's often just as careless with the ball if not moreso than Jeremy, difference is Lin is excessively punished while Harden is not even criticized.

Lin obviously should take better care of the ball, but the same standards should be applied to everyone, not just one player.

11. ERC

ERC Member

Lin dished out 3 consecutive assists to start the 3Q. He dished out more assists and had more steals than PatBev despite playing lesser minutes tonight.

And no, it hasn't been 3-4 games. Just the Spurs game. The Cavaliers game was a blowout where even AB got to play so Lin didn't play much. Before that he had 3 consecutive 20+p games, including 1 where he was the only Rocket shooting over 50%. How's that for contributing on offense as our starting PG?

Not saying Lin play great tonight, but we didn't lose the game because of him.

12. kozmo

kozmo Member

Truth is, Lin has been shooting better than everyone on the team over the last month. Perhaps he should not have been on the bench but of course his 3 tos is why we lost...makes sense

13. kozmo

kozmo Member

Bench harden, trade him...how about melo?

14. tada

tada Member

Here my rant for the day....

How can anyone blame this game on JLin?!?!?!?! Granted Jeremy made three turnovers in the 1st quarter. But atleast he was trying to be aggressive. I did not see a single ounce of aggressiveness from Harden in the 1st quarter or from any of our Bigs. DMo/Asik/Parsons got DOMINATED by the Pacers Bigs. Hibbert got 15 pts in the 1st quarter alone! Add in the fact that Pacers were getting like 50% of offensive rebound in the 1st quarter did not helped either. Pacers made our Guards miserable in defense by packing the paint and doubling at every chance. Add in the physical game with lots of no calls made it tough for our Guards to penetrate.

This forum is so bull**** that people see only what they want to see and spew their bull**** comments. Only reason we were able to comeback is because our second unit Bigs (TRob/GregSmith) out played Pacers SECOND UNIT (aka Bench) when Hibbert and Hansbrough was taking a breather. Granted, Patrick Beverly played with lots of energy and played good defense. However, both of our PGs (JLin and PBev) pretty much kept Pacers PGs out of the whole game. What we needed was not defense from PG, but to help Harden lessen the offensive load by threatening offense (which JLin provides).

My beef is with McHail for sitting JLin for entire 2nd quarter (16 min rest in Bench) and 1st 8 minutes of the 4th quarter (12 min rest in Bench). That tells you that your coach does not believe in your starting PG. If you want to make a point for his turnovers; that's fine, but atleast give chance to your starting PG an oppportunity to make amends. Plus, most of his mistakes in the 1st quarter were due to lethargic play by the rockets. When he finally got chance to play in 3rd quarter, he did very well scoring 6 pts (and 1 plus 3 pt shot) and three/four dimes and two steals. But, McHail did not trust him to play during critical stretch in 4th quarter when we needed him to take pressure off Harden. Why would you ever sit your starting PG 16 minutes in the 1st half and 12 minutes on 2nd half and expect him to be savior in the last 4 minute down by 10pts? That's a bad coaching at any level and does not do anything to show your support and development of a young player.

Either McHail needs to go or JLin needs to be traded.

1 person likes this.
  15. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Rockets kept trying to force the ball to Greg Smith, it was working for the 1-1/2 quarters, but the Pacers defense quickly shut that down. Then came Harden going ISO on the entire Pacers defense .... that didn't net great results.

We need a play calling coach who can make adjustments in the game, instead of going with his gut feeling about who looks good out there ...

1 person likes this.
  16. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Was this already posted somewhere? From game notebook:

QUOTABLE III: "[Harden] has all the weapons to get his own shot and create for others. If you make it tough for him early on, he's going to try to make it to where he can get his own still and get his numbers, and that kind of will take you out of the game. Tonight, that's what I tried to do."
    -- George on his defensive gameplan against Harden.

17. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

lol didnt people already point out this is incorrect....hate all you want but at least get the facts straight.

18. Rockets590

Rockets590 Rookie

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Exactly. I'm not here to bash Harden or Beverley....but sometimes just when Lin is about to start redeeming himself he gets shutdown a second time. I'm not expecting the same Harden treatment, but it's getting ridiculous at times with McHail.

20. DBRox

DBRox Contributing Member

Except Harden WAS creating shots for Smith and TRob. That's where his strong point was on the court tonight. Without him dishing to those guys we wouldn't have closed the gaps.