1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you like McHale?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by houston#1, Mar 27, 2013.

?

Do you like McHale?

1. Yes

31.6%
  2. No

68.4%
  1. archinkent

archinkent Member

No. His offensive sets are so simple and predictable. Half of them just consist of 3 pointers.

2. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Sloan coaching the Rockets? No way

3. loox

loox Member

I always complained about McHale's lack of in-game play setting. But the last game against Spurs, he actually had a play to set Harden free for the last shot. I was impressed by this. Have to say that he is learning.

4. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

LOL. A poll on McHale. As if there weren't enough Official fire mcfail threads out there.

And I know the poll results from miles away. We all know why... So why fking bother?

5. pho

pho Member

There are no offensive sets.

6. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Agreed. Harden has made McHale look so good this year. I think McHale does a good job motivating this young team, but come on.. without Harden this team would be like 11th in the west at best. Especially considering the fact that he doesn't even know how to play Lin effectively.

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Lin fans hate him.

Logical fans appreciate the job he's done.

1 person likes this.
  8. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

I like him as a person. I will like him as a coach when he starts putting some blame on himself when we lose a game. I don't believe it's always the players' fault. When the players don't play well, it's the coach's job to make adjustments to make them play better.

9. sean joh

sean joh Member

yup, he is done a fantastic job especially to such a building year, the team is overachieved.
    What I don't understand is, as long as this is a building year, the main purpose should be to develop our core pieces especially the young starters (except well-developed Harden, he just needs to develop leadership and chemistry with them). But right now, I don't think he is using every position properly and allowing his players playing through the mistakes which is very important for young players in development. Furthermore, it's really scratching my head to see his irregular playing time assigned. Btw, is it just me, why I feel that Mchale is having trouble to split the playing time of PG position. He even doesn't know how to give playing time to AB or his third string PG. :confused:

10. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Amazing what a February can do to a 2012 poster's psyche. #LOGIC #REASON #BASKETBALL IQ :cool:

.... still love me a good Lin game though. He's hella fun to watch when he's in the groove.

11. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Overall I don't think McHale is a good coach. However, I am interested in seeing what he could do with a roster with little more talent. Games like tonight greatly exposes the holes on this roster.

12. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

Mchale sucks. He took Lin out really fast, and never gave him a chance to really redeem himself. Meanwhile gives tons of chances for Bev. I also cannot stand the fact he runs everything through Harden again. He seems to like putting Bev and Harden on at same time, but thing is, they know it will go to Harden and Bev cannot create as much to draw defenders. As someone said, it's reverted bak to ISO Harden...they need to give a chance for Lin to try something in the 4th to get things going. It's pretty obvious if harden gets the ball and just randomly jacks it up in front of Paul George who is an excellent defender - resulting in a poor shot. When will Mchale learn. The playoffs will be interesting...

I predict Harden will have a poor FG as the defense will intensify and he will continue to struggle if he is going to chuck like he is doing so. Needs to share the ball more.

1 person likes this.
  13. davek

davek Member

Lin fans hates him therefore he must be a good coach...or at least appreciated....

Great logic.....

1 person likes this.
  14. Gertso

Gertso Member

That poll result is possibly the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

15. white-lite

white-lite Member

:) you are spot on. This is so true.

16. otisthorpe3

otisthorpe3 Member

How about Avery Johnson as coach!

17. denali_wjl

denali_wjl Member

Figurehead = spot on

18. munco

munco Member

I like his interviews and he seems like a decent guy to get a beer with.
    As a coach I think he's mediocre to bad though.

19. joesr

joesr Member

Can we have a filter implemented to automatically disregard all 2012 to present members?

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

So you are saying its illogical to criticize him? I'm no LOF but I'll admit his rotations are wonky at times. No I don't appreciate the job he has done because I think any other NBA coach would have achieved the same or better result. You know how I know? Because this team would be plenty better if they actually ran offensive sets.