1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Pacers @ Rockets 3/27/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 26, 2013.

1. loox

loox Member

A few observations.

First of all, if Harden or Parsons gets injured before the playoff, it would be a huge setback for this team; and McHale would be the one to blame for, as he had such poor management of their minutes heading towards the playoff.

Second, Rockets are relying too much on Harden, and a significant part of Harden's success depends on his getting foul calls, but that is not going to happen in the playoffs as it is happening now (tonight is a glimpse of what might be).

Third, Rockets are not running and gunning much recently. Don't know why, maybe they decide to focus on defense and half court sets in preparation for the playoffs. But I hope they don't give up on their style of play.

Last, it's obvious that Lin doesn't get much trust from McHale. But I think Lin himself is also to blame. As many have pointed out, he should look to score himself more to open up the offense. Don't know why he reverts back to that very passive self lately.

2. Pete the Cheat

You seriously just took a **** all over this entire thread. I was skipping a couple pages at a time to catch up..and your bull**** popped up on every single page.
    Please do everyone a favor and just go rub one out to some Lin photos next time instead of feeling the need to be here.
    No one here hates Lin, we just hate his fans because of people like you.
    Seriously...get a ****ing life

1 person likes this.
  3. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Earlier in the season the groupings with Lin in them were under-performing, even with staggered minutes. Coaches learned lesson. Sadly, his improved play the last couple months did not cause any re-evaluation, so we have no idea if that would still be true. He now seems to pretty much play with Harden or not at all. Bummer.

4. Exel

Exel Member

Beverley had a TO in 2nd quarter. He had only 1 assist too.

5. kozmo

kozmo Member

It's is what they do.....I want them to see how stupid it is...this is what they do. They don't about bball, they talk about how bad a player, usually Lin....and every time I see it I'm going to do this to remind them of how they sound...get it

6. L7N

L7N Member

Chris freaking Paul had like 7 turnovers last night (with a damn win)...who cares about TOs.

7. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Agreed about Lin's TO. However, Beverley had the same production as Lin in about 8 more minutes...which doesn't say much tonight. Both shot equally well tonight with their limited number of shots.

8. nyc

nyc Member

You are a child.

9. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

you cant turn the ball over if you're not trying to make any plays. He shot the same %age as Lin so that's even.

Would you rather Lin get 2 assists and a turnover or two or be like Bev and get 0 of both?

10. nickg

nickg Member

Aggression, at least when it comes to creating shots for your team plays a huge factor. Risk/reward. I will take some turnovers from aggressive passing that usually lead to a good shot.

11. kozmo

kozmo Member

Players turn the ball over, they miss shots...Michael jordon had bad games...everyone does.
    And tonight Lin wasn't bad.....bu t listen to them...it's not just aout Lin....I'm going to do this every time they do it to anyone so they get to hear the ridiculous voice....they stop I stop

12. OpportunityCost

Most Turnovers in NBA history by player

#2 -- John Stockton
    #3 -- Jason Kidd
    #5 -- Isiah Thomas

Also Steve Nash led the league in turnovers in 2007-2008 and 2009-2010.

13. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Coach McHale only has one game plan: Play Harden when he's hot, play harden when he's not, play Harden to death and hope Harden will bail him out. At this point I don't even blame Harden for not trying harder on D when he has to play 43 minutes in a game. He can only carry McHale this far.

Seriously McHale needs to come up with something else. Harden is not gonna get to the line as often in the playoffs.

And for those of you who want to give Jeremy's job to Bev, be my guest if you're satisfied with 9 points 1 assists in 28 minutes.

14. kozmo

kozmo Member

Right

15. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Oh, you blame the loss on Harden being played too much. OK. I disagree.

16. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

The TO leader in the team doesn't get benched very often...

17. DBRox

DBRox Contributing Member

I was concerned about Harden being in as long, that is the only questionable call I have on McHale however I also believe that him being in helped Smith and TRob so I'm torn on that one. Indiana was the better team tonight, they are a better team than a lot of others on a lot of nights so we can still hold our head up high that we didn't get blown out. They are a tough team... on to the next one. Lets get a win on the next game!

18. torocan

torocan Member

Contract value vs paid, Parsons is a better deal than Lin. Rookie contracts are like that.

In terms of on floor team impact, if you are valuing offense the ability to create shots for others and create your own shot has a higher value than receiving a shot and converting.

A defense has to play a player who creates shots for themselves and others very differently than a person who mainly benefits from open looks.

As good as Parsons is, if you eliminate the number of easy dunks and lay ups generated through Lin and Harden his stats would be substantially lower versus doing the same for Lin and Harden.

This is why his value to a team would be lower in impact terms. Ignoring Parsons salary, there are a ton of players that can catch and shoot or run and dunk or do a lay up, or cut and do a lay up or dunk.

Put 2 people guarding Parsons the way teams game plan against Lin and Harden's isolation and pick and rolls, and Parsons wouldn't score nearly as well or as efficiently.

That's not knock against Parsons, you just have to realize the limitations of his skill set. Just like Lin isn't going to be the above the rim dunker, Parsons isn't going to drive an offense and increase the overall team efficiency in the way that play creators can and do.

1 person likes this.
  19. ERC

ERC Member

I didn't. I mentioned Lin's steals in my original post. Defense is not just about steals. Harden's 6-24 shooting is proof of (Pacer's) good defense.

Again, NOT happy with Lin's minutes either, especially in the 2nd half, but I thought Beverley's defense was effective.

20. lfw

lfw Rookie

Or are you merely reenforcing what they believe Lin fans to be?