1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Pacers @ Rockets 3/27/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 26, 2013.

1. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

I prefer what has already happened vs base on stats but that's just me!

2. Steven SXL

Steven SXL New Member

Lin did not play well at the initial point of the game ,but deserves more time rather than witnessing Harden shoots and misses.

3. kozmo

kozmo Member

Same percentage as Lin and Lin had 2 steals and 4 assists in 10 minutes less....

4. OpportunityCost

James Harden 3.7 TOs per game
    Stephen Curry 3.1 TOs per game
    Jeff Teague 3.0 TOs per game
    Damian Lilliard 2.9 TOs per game
    Jeremy Lin 2.9 TOs per game

When you handle the basketball alot it's very possible you're going to have turnovers.

5. ERC

ERC Member

+/- stats:
    Lin's: -13 (3rd lowest on the team)
    Beverley's: +5 (2nd highest on the team)

Again, it's worth repeating that I'm NOT happy with Lin's minutes either. Why pulled Lin when he was doing great (3p/3a/2s in 8min)? While Beverley was great in 2Q, he didn't really do much in 4Q. I felt Lin should've been put back in a lot earlier in 4Q. What did McHale expect Lin to do in 4min with 10p to catch up? But, I'll give credit where credit's due. Beverley's defense was effective.

6. nickg

nickg Member

Also, lance Stephenson. Its extremely easy to gloss over hardens deficiencies on d when he is shooting lights out ( too many 3s tonight ) but when you let lance Stephenson put up 21 on better than 50%, something has to be said. That's worse than Hibbert doing it because he is just a terrible ****ing matchup.

7. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

not enough --- Game over
    We need to play with a 1 2 punch. Not run plays all through Harden from 1st to 2nd unit.

8. kozmo

kozmo Member

Harden is second I. Tos in the nba.....bench him....I mean really?

9. CCM721

CCM721 Member

What makes Lin more valuable to the team than Parsons?

10. kozmo

kozmo Member

No were talking about tonight....

11. L7N

L7N Member

Everybody knows the TO "excuse" is a fraud. McHale is totally abusing that power (big time).

12. kozmo

kozmo Member

And by the way, I like beverly

13. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Don't feel good about the next 2 games...at Memphis and against Clips on the second night of a back2back.Can't keep not showing up at the start of games. And THAT'S what lost this game tonight IMO.

14. nyc

nyc Member

So how long is it going to take you to realize that you acting this way just makes them hate you as a poster and then by association, Lin as well.

Without out posters like you looking to start ridiculous fights, the LOH would merely be people with a belief that Lin is not as good a player as someone else. And that's fine, everyone's entitled to opinions.

But it is posters like you that turn these people into LOH.

And now you can you can have your childish little Internet war. Rather than acting like a man and just ignoring them. Grow the **** up.

Lin, the humble person that he is, would be so embarassed of you. You really don't get what that kid is about do you. He's got a good heart and a good head. He would NEVER do what you are doing.

15. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

Your only one defending Mchale rotations. Don't f__kin back pedal.

Given how bad James was shooting, Kevin should have given him a rest. Maybe Harden could gathering himself and come back and played better.

But evidently that makes no sense to you.

16. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

I don't see how Lin's not a better passer. How many no-look, full court football or highlight type passes had Lin already had this season? Harden has a nice dish once in a while but even stats show Lin's assists come more at the rim or within 5 feet while more of Harden's assists are to 3-point shooters.

17. kozmo

kozmo Member

Beverly gave 9 points in 30 minutes with Bly me assist. And no steals...not a great night....

This is on Michale

18. nickg

nickg Member

Both Beverly and Lin shot 3-6...... Lin is always going to turn the ball over more because he, like harden, is a playmaking guard. Its part of their games. I honestly don't mind alot of his turnovers ( or some of hardens ) because they are usually on a pass that has the possibility of getting a good shot. Not getting stripped behind the arc.

19. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

his turnover are under control this year. Bench him to teach him?? THat's cutting off your nose to spite your face. Yea Bev's gonna have low turnovers...cause he's not making any plays with the ball.

Just about every quality PG in the league is turnover prone by these standards. Jrue HOliday, Steph Curry, Westbrook, Vasquez, Lillard etc dont get benched cause they're turnover prone. You let them play through it and hope they learn by doing.

20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

We will beat Memphis Friday then lose to the clippers Saturday