1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gay Rights Movement

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by chrispbrown, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

You are saying we should commit sin (such as homosexuality) since it is just going to be forgiven anyway. Never have I heard something further from biblical principle (see verse below). Second, everyone who says the Bible is hateful because of all the killing in the Old Testament should actually learn about the Bible. When Jesus died on the cross, the Old Covenant was rejected. In other words, many of the things in the Old Testament, although still necessary, do not apply anymore (such as the sacrifice of animals, etc).

If there is one thing I dislike, it is an ignorant person who opposes the Bible yet claims to be an expert.

Romans 8:13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

They look like a sweet couple.

3. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

It would have been wise to outflank the Democrats twenty years ago and get some more middle class white voters without cutting or spending a penny in taxes. But all social issues have a broader socioeconomic and generational context and Democrats have always sensed that more keenly and quickly than whatever industrialist Whig spin-off they're up against. Kennedy didn't beat Nixon because of "dead voters" but because, literally overnight, a 100-year-old Northern party infrastructure and an entire race said "enough."

4. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

keep your fairy tales out of the government

my personal religion says i shouldn't pay taxes, so they should be illegal.... right?

5. Roggit

Roggit Member

Most of those babbling about the alleged (and apparently sacrilegious) violations of absolute Freedom & Equality are simply apologists for the official religion of America. They just can't see it. That's how indoctrinated they are.

6. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

None of those verses are hateful. And I neither oppose the bible nor claim to be an expert. But I know enough about the Bible to know its use against same-sex marriage is not valid as so many other portions are completely ignored in the meantime. Then again, given the cognitive dissonance I am witnessing, anything is possible.

Prop 8 will likely get thrown out, and DOMA will be struck down.

7. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

LOL this is considered a frivolous argument and you can be fined $5k and jailed, in case you try.

8. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

1 Corinthians 6:9-10

New King James Version (NKJV)

9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals,[a] nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

God approves -- trust me.

10. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Seems like you have an awful lot of legislation available for that verse.

11. TheresTheDagger

I sincerely doubt you are sorry if you offend me. Otherwise, you wouldn't be so offensive.

The thing about this is, this was brought to HER doorstep. She never wanted to be involved in this discussion yet in order for her to do something as simple as go to church she is FORCED to face it acceptance of it. That is not her fault or her fight. But she is being impacted by it. It is IGNORANT to deny this.

One more thing. Your characterization of her as a Bigot proves beyond a shadow of a doubt your IGNORANCE. About this, there is NO doubt.

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Why do you always picture two men together... telling.

13. Major

Major Member

So in other words, the church should be forced to listen to her views over the rest of its membership that apparently sees things differently? What if someone else at the church approves of gay marriage and was FORCED to be face rejection of it? That was not her fault or her fight, but she would be impacted by it. Now you've created quite a dilemma for the church.

14. fallenphoenix

right. so, let's pick and choose which religious ideals influence the government and force every person living within the united states to follow the christian doctrine despite their own beliefs. :rolleyes:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/j2zlPNGuPbw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. TheresTheDagger

For over 50 years this little church was fine without any talk about gay marriage FROM EITHER SIDE. Why did that have to change? What positive difference did talking about it make?

Did it change minds? Did it suddenly make gay marriage acceptable in the minds of those who were against it? Did congress take notice and decide to pass a gay marriage act because of this little church?

The answer is no. In fact, the only direct result I can see of this is she (and several others) no longer feel welcome in their church.

GET IN THOSE OLD FOLKS FACE GLBT!

16. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

No, looks like p*rn.

This looks like a sweet couple

[​IMG]

17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Yeah it seems the anti-gay guys always think about man on man action first.

Fact.

18. fallenphoenix

link? ;)

19. Major

Major Member

Perhaps because the membership changed their views, sort of like a majority of the rest of the country. Churches regularly change and shift their messages on any number of issues - gay marriage is no different.

20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member