1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who would you rather face in the first round?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatboyPhuong, Mar 24, 2013.

Tags:
?

Teams we have a best chance beating in the first round.

1. Spurs

63 vote(s)
    26.7%
  2. Thunder

78 vote(s)
    33.1%
  3. Nuggets

95 vote(s)
    40.3%
  1. jdhu

jdhu Member

Of the Nuggets, Spurs and OKC, I go with the Spurs. The Nuggets are super athletic, and while they may not have a "superstar," they run too much, are too long/athletic, etc. (negating the Rockets' own running game). OKC is the most talented, and it's hard to bet against Durant and Westbrook (not to mention Martin and Ibaka).

The Spurs are always polished and business-like, but for some reason, I think the Rockets COULD outrun them, wear them out, etc. I still think if it is Rockets/Spurs, Spurs in 6, maybe 5.

2. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

we don't really have any playoff experience beside harden and asik.

3. Lil Lee

Lil Lee Contributing Member

I'm going to go with the Nuggets. In my opinion, in the playoffs, the games slow down, it's more defense orientated, and superstars shine. Nuggets don't have any true superstars. The only thing that worries me about them is their home court advantage. If we do play them and win at least game 1 or 2 on their floor, I like our chances. If we go down 0-2, I don't think we have a chance.

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

After yesterdays win, obviously the spurs, our team would just need to stay focused.

The nuggets would tear our asses up, iggy on harden, faried on the glass, gallinari with the 3's and lawson tearing lin up...no thanks.

OKC, would be my second choice. Harden tears up safo and martin. Parsons on durant, but durant still gets his ofcourse. Beverley might be able to try to match russels intensity and hustle to funk him up a little in one or 2 games. Asik outmatches there C spot. Smith/Robinson could defend ibaka if they focus. Still though...Durant, Wesbrook, Martin and Ibaka can murder us.

5. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

I'm not so sure that we wouldn't be favored at home against Denver. We were only a one point underdog to the Spurs last night and they are a much better road team.

6. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

Funny how many of you guys say grizz, just because they traded away gay dont mean they aren't still as good... And stop posting the same topic as mine in this forum..

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Wrong thread