1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Spurs @ Rockets 3/24/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 23, 2013.

1. instar

instar Member

he and duncan going at each other was kinda funny.

2. sean joh

sean joh Member

yup and he analyzed today's games at NBA TV:)

3. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Those blocks were getting to Duncan! Great game for Asik

4. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

This was a great TEAM win. Greg Smith, Delfino and Beverley made key contributions off the bench. Harden found a way to be productive even when he didn't have it working, and Parsons had his usual solid all around effort. I also liked the swagger D-Mo plays with, and Asik was Asik.

Parker is just a bad matchup for Lin, and Jeremy tried too hard offensively tonight. Beverley is quicker, and thus had more success in this game. It doesn't mean Lin isn't the starter or the better player. Tonight Beverley was playing well and he was a better matchup for Parker. Nothing less, nothing more.

1 person likes this.
  5. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

I'll say it again, I want the Spurs in the first round!! Rockets just match better against them then they do with the scary Clippers and OKC.

-I love Lin, it's why Im here but my god Jeremy! This is the second time (Wizards game being the 1st) he had me very close to shredding my Platinum LOF membership card, he BETTER have had the flu again. :eek:
    He had those stretches of hair pulling TOs in NY but at least you could say it was from D'Antoni playing him for 40 minutes straight, today's were just unacceptable, they came from complete lack of focus, they weren't even forced. Add to that his re-emerged broken shot and you've got yourself a deserved benching this time./rant
    (Spurs commentators are massive LOFs btw, they said could live with James and Jeremy getting the winning shot lol it's like they were unaware he wasn't even on the floor or of how hard he'd been sucking :p)
    Anyways thank Jeebuz for Saint Patrick who was on his game tonight!

-It'd been a while since Greg added another victim to the 85% :cool:

-D-Mo's foultastic defense is just LOL

-Also, Rockets totally ran a play to end the 3rd quarter and it was executed flawlessly to give Chandler an open 3. I swear! I actually saw McHale get up and yell&motion the play to Harden and he ran it.

6. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Good game, God bless Omer Asik for playing the best defense this franchise has seen in a few years. Liked Harden and Beverly this game as well but Asik was pivotal in limiting Duncan and whenever he was out we suffered.

7. Albinoswordfish

Even though Harden made the game winning shot, he was struggling for a lot of the game. I think the real MVP of the game is Asik. He was really making it difficult for Duncan who's playing like an top 5 player this year. When Duncan isn't being effective and doesn't require double teams the entire Spurs offense is completely different.

8. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Look, Harden is the max player on this team so he's enjoy that status. Right now all three players are consistent.

Harden = 26 ppg
    Parsons = 15 ppg
    Lin = 13 ppg

All of them are rated just right based on how this team operates. On this team, Lin is not going to get enough touches to get the magical 18-20 points and 8-10 assists that fans like you were expecting....I can see why you are overrated him if thought that was going to be the case.

9. torocan

torocan Member

Lin, Delfino and Parsons had a rough game offensively. They had decent games defensively... well, as good as you can expect when you're asking to guard Tony Parker and Manu Ginobli.

Asik was actually very good covering Tim Duncan... a pleasant surprise considering how beastly TD has been as of late.

Tonight was pretty much Harden's show, though Beverley gave some really good minutes and made a few key plays down the stretch.

All in all, I'm more impressed by the team's overall defensive effort. Keeping the Spurs to 98 was very impressive. The offense is going to be what we've seen, IE, one of the best offenses in the NBA.

I like to consider that despite multiple cold shooters and a lot of fouls, we STILL scored 99 points AND got a win against one of the top contenders in the NBA. That's a real and tangible change from a lot of our other games.

10. figment

figment Member

So we have LOF and LOH, and a new breed: FWLOF (Fair Weather Lin Only Fans). I think this is even worse, actually.

11. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

Beverely earned some more respect from me and most of Clutch Nation. Glad to see him playing well, he will become an extremely dependable backup PG in the NBA, hopefully for us.

12. Windchime

Windchime Member

IMO, Not well (but I wouldn't necessarily say it was bad), shots were not falling/being blocked. A couple of lazy TOVs in the 2Q. Beverley outplayed him. That being said, I thought it was one of his better defensive nights in terms of not trying to gamble/hedge too much. Not too worried tbh, I've resolved to just accept that he's going to be inconsistent. I hope playoff experience (/knock on wood) will help.

That being said, I might not be the best person to ask lol.

13. MadMirror

MadMirror Member

I'm not sure if anyone else mentioned it, but Beverly played outstanding defense on the final possession as well. The Spurs were trying to run basically the same play as the Harden game winner, but Beverly made a great hedge and denied the handoff, which left Duncan with a bad shot.

14. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

Nyo. Nein. Non. No! Nyet.

Spurs OWN us. There is no scenario where we beat them in a best of 7. They are just too experienced.

I'll take my chances with the Thunder (barf icon here) or preferably the Grizzlies!!!!

15. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Parker is a bad matchup for every current point guard in the league. Look Parker made CP2 look like a D-League player in their last meeting. Honestly, Beverley wasn't doing much in defending Parker. Beverley was just very efficient from the field and made a few critical defensive stops...but not on Parker.

16. Windchime

Windchime Member

^Agree, say no to Spurs in first round. Absolutely not! I'd like the Grizz, but right now it seems that it might be either Denver or OKC, not too hot on those match ups, but I'd rather those two then the Spurs. /shrudder/

17. javajam

javajam Contributing Member

GREAT WIN!!!!!! Confidence builder for playoffs.

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Just because we squeak a game out vs the spurs doesn't mean crap. The spurs horse around during the regular season, believe me that is one team we want to stay away from.

19. Karolik

Karolik Member

I don't expect 18-20 pts, and 8-10 assists but I expect something in between. He can do it with the touches he has now, he's just playing like **** so he doesn't shoot.

20. torocan

torocan Member

Honestly? The only team that isn't likely to own us in the top 5 is Memphis.

Since we can't we be sure we play Memphis, my #2 choice is the Spurs, #3 is the Clippers. OKC and the Nuggets would beat us silly in my opinion... just too long, fast, athletic and experienced for our team this year. That and the Nuggets are ferocious on the glass... something we're okay at, but I don't think we have enough size to compete on the boards against them.