1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

EMS Lt. spews racist, anti-Semitic tweets, but cried when confronted

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Zion, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Yes, I don't know how he'd be able to differentiate his procedures between ethnicities in urgent, life-threatening situations.

2. Zion

Zion Member

Exactly. Even if he has done so thus far, how would any of these minorities trust him from now on after hearing this?

Reminds me of this scene from Crash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4T7-HSnLX8

3. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I sincerely hope there is an investigation into the level of care that this guy provided to people in need.

4. underoverup

underoverup Member

I think you're being pretty naive.

5. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I got called "Oreo, 'half-white' and cookie" every single day of junior high by my white classmates because I and my brothers were the only black students in the Honors program. I know full well how to differentiate between people's comments and actions in a racial context.

You're dishonestly inflating the presumed impact of racially insensitive remarks by falsely adding accusations of more grievous yet fully undocumented acts. You're charging compound interest on an individual's unfavorable remarks and trying to add more weight to your sense of anger by attempting to morph Dluhos's comments into evidence of physical harm.

6. Rashmon

Dluho arrives at a car crash. Two equally injured people laying on the ground. One is black. One is white.

Which one would you think he gives priority?

Conjecture? Sure, but we have some enlightening anecdotal evidence of what the answer to the question may be.

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

It doesn't have to be illegal for him to be fired. It only has to be in breach of his employer's codified principles.

In this case, if it isn't somehow in breach of their principles, then the employer should be held accountable. You are the ones who should be holding them accountable since it's on your dime.

8. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

9. underoverup

underoverup Member

You're continuing to be naive.

10. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

[​IMG]

11. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

^^^
    [​IMG]

12. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

And now you're just repeating the same insult over and over again. Since you can't rationally defend your original phony accusation, you've transferred your anger over some complete stranger's racial comments to those who disagree with you.

13. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

You have to balance that contrived scenario against a career's worth of providing emergency assistance in the most diverse city in the country; performed competently and effectively enough to earn a leadership role.

14. Rashmon

I admire your trust. If I am in his chain-of-command, I would require a comparative analysis on the outcomes and level of care provided on every trauma victim he encountered before I allow him back on the job.