1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Wall is about to show the world he's on Chris Paul's level

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheGreat, Mar 23, 2013.

1. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Knee jerk much?

2. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

The guy is playing for his contact right now, I'm not trying to knock him down does he he have the same drive once he gets his contract is the bigger question. His potential is there that's obvious when you're the #1 pick, some thought he could even be better than rose coming out of college. He also has immaturity issues.

The face of new point guard is Kyrie Irving. But Kryie is injury prone

3. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

4. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

It took 3 years, but John Wall has now roughly average TS = 0.521 and WS = .108.

Chris Paul on other hand by year 3 was Elite. His WS = 0.284 and TS = 0.57

If Wizards resign him to Max deal, they going to continue to be mediocre team.

5. blunto

blunto Member

Terrible double tech call on Wall & Klay Thompson in Oakland just now. Second T on Wall, now he's ejected.

Two players jawing at each other during a dead ball (mostly Wall). No physical confrontation, not chest to chest or face to face. Stupid. Let em talk a little ****, who cares. Jeez.

6. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

^ Worked out in Walls favor, he was getting lit up by Steph...

7. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Wizards are a sneaky good defensive team. Okafor, Nene, Martell Webster, Ariza, they can D up.

Its their offense is very bad. If Wall can't create for them, they stink putting the ball through the rim. Beal may eventually become good offensively but he's just 19 now.

(I do like their semi-throwback unis)

[​IMG]

8. misterNguyen

misterNguyen Member

9. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I like Wall's game and I hope he becomes an all-star. Very entertaining player.

10. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

If he wasn't a hard worker, I would dislike him. But from what little I've seen of his offcourt demeanor, he does seem to be a hard worker. He does seem to genuinely care about becoming the best PG in the NBA. I think he can do it.

The Wizards are very formidable for the East. Okafor/Nene/Webster/Beal/Wall is a strong 5 man rotation with Ariza and Seraphin off the bench. If they were healthy all season, they would be in the playoffs. In a couple of years when Wall is in his prime, they will have plenty of money to spend IIRC.

I would give him the max. I've come to the conclusion that, unless you're the Lakers or Knicks, you give near-max players a max contract. I can see him being a near-max player.

1 person likes this.
  12. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Out of that entire scene with Wall and Klay, I like Wittman's demeanor. In coaching circles, he's actually considered a good, fair coach. I like how he was blunt in his response and moved on. Not overly-emotional or anything like that...

NeNe likes playing for him.

13. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I remember when people said he would be just like Rose. Yeah... not even close.

14. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

I mean the Lakers pretty much played no defense on Wall.

15. Shaud

Shaud Member

The refs have to cut out the double techs in every situation like the Wall/Thompson incident.

What did Thompson do to deserve a tech?

16. Pokito1120

Pokito1120 Member

he is NOT on Chris Paul's level yet...Wall is a great ball handler but the PG position is about controlling the game and making your teammates better. I dont think he has fully understood that yet. BUT when he does, he will be scary in the league....and I dont think i like Wall and Beal together, both need the ball to be effective.

17. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

John Wall ballin' vs. Memphis.

18. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

To me he is the most physically talented PG in the NBA. It's evident if you combine his speed, size, leaping ability, court vision, etc. It's crazy how good he can be one day. So It's good to see him finally turning the corner, i'm rooting for the guy.

I do remember reading interviews last summer about him wanting to turn the franchise around this season with the new vets on that team(Okafor, Nene, Ariza). But then the injury happened that sidelined him for most the season.

19. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

He will never be even close to Paul's level. Paul was better than he is now in his rookie year and an MVP candidate(should have won MVP tbh) in his third season. Wall is nothing special. Will be a multiple All Star maybe but not a franchise player and won't be a perennial all nba type of player. Might get one or two if he is lucky. Doesn't have a jump shot or great court vision. Just an overrated prospect tbh.

20. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

He is carrying the team tonight against Memphis. His handles are absolutely amazing. Wiz have a 10 point lead on the Griz in the 4th qtr with Nene, Webster, Price, Beal, and Ariza all not playing.