1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

We all love Bill, Bull and Clyde, but what about Craig?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htownbandit, Mar 23, 2013.

1. htownbandit

htownbandit Rookie

Seriously, nobody seems to really talk about our Radio voice Craig Ackerman and Joel Blank (for home games). Ackerman's really underrated, and has personality and flair right up there with the other three, and does a great job with Rocketscast Live podcast on Rockets.com/Youtube with Jason Friedman. Do YOU guys like him?

2. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

Wait, who loves Clyde now?

3. DBRox

DBRox Contributing Member

I listen to Craig Ackerman and Joel Blank all the time. I usually take my son to school at night and I'll catch them in my car. I like them, they are great, Craig's excitement makes it fun to listen to.

4. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

...hate to say it but we have a fairly weak TV crew and this is coming from someone who has grown up watching Bill Worrell. I hope those who love our TV crew get a chance to try some NBA league pass to see how much better it could/should be. In particular I think Golden State has pretty good commentators.

5. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

They all suck

6. htownbandit

htownbandit Rookie

Wasn't this the same forum that said we have the most entertaining TV crew and all the others are really boring? (which I agree with!)

7. platypus

platypus Member

You suck.

I enjoy craig, there are days when i can't watch on TV and his radio calls are a joy to listen to.

8. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Craig is aite, nothing special. He gets overly exited with basic plays, in other words I think he tries too hard. Blank is just annoying to me. That whole rhyming thing is lame and I really wish he would just give a good to the point recap. I miss Wexler.

9. newAge_Rockets

I love Clyde!!!! He is so random

10. yo

yo Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lTeZ6elLcow" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

i don't love men

12. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Craig tries a little too hard sometimes with the hyperboles, I guess it's pretty daunting to follow in the footsteps of 2 radio legends in Peterson/Foley and thinks he has to come up with his own memorable style/personality on the mike. I actually prefer him talking normally like he does in those Rocketstalk Live podcasts.

13. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

The other day, out of nowhere (seriously, nowhere) he chuckled and said "cornbread."

Everything got quiet for a moment and Bill and Bull kept talking.

Please tell me someone else heard that.

14. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I think he was talking about "Cornbread" Maxwell.

15. thedude077

thedude077 Member

What about bringing back my boy Calvin Murphy?

16. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

by saying we all love them you're generalizing. You can't speak for me. I don't love clyde.

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I had a feeling this thread would go like it has.

18. htownbandit

htownbandit Rookie

Yeah I heard it, I'm pretty sure it had something to do with Bill Worrel's twitter account which is @cornbreadworrel or something (which he doesn't use, it was kind of a joke).

19. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

20. MadMirror

MadMirror Member

It's probably unfair to Ackerman, but he'll always be in the shadow of Peterson and Foley. It's hard for me to assess him in an objective way when I have decades of history listening to Gene and Jim, including the championship years.

In the same way, I don't mind Bullard, but I'd give him up in a heartbeat to have Calvin back on the game crew. I've listened to just about every broadcast team in the NBA, and most of them are pretty milquetoast. Bill and Calvin knew how to have fun even if the game that night was bad (though I imagine that rubs some watchers the wrong way).