1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2009, 2010, 2011 NBA REDRAFT. Where should Harden, Lin & Parsons be picked?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by charles_zed, Mar 21, 2013.

1. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Because the biggest paragraph of the opening post is about Lin vs. Wall? :p

2. jmart

jmart Member

I love the idea of a thread. Its tough because even with the 2010 draft, these guys have a lot of growing to do. Anyway, in 2009...

1 Harden
    2 Griffin
    3 Curry
    4 Holiday
    5 Gibson
    6 Rubio
    7 Lawson
    8 Green
    I would go Griffin over Harden all day if he was longer and thus better defensively. Harden is an efficiency monster and is worth it here. His D is less important on the perimeter. Rubio still has a ton of potential to be Jason Kidd like if he developed a jumper.

This is a harder draft.

1 George
    2 Wall
    3 Cousins
    4 Sanders
    5 Favors

Sanders is this high because defense at center is very, very important. Cousins could go number 1 if he wasnt a headcase but is still worth it at 3. Wall has absolutely top tier potential.

6 Hayward
    7 Monroe
    8 Turner

After these guys, you can take Lin or Bledsoe depending on how you feel. Bradley is in the mix too but I really cant see any team putting that much stock in PG D. Lin is a very good athlete, big for the position, above average D. Bledsoe is an absolute athletic freak who hasnt totally got a chance yet. I might even take one of them over turner as I kind of hate Turner's game.

Lin gets bashed and idolized too much on this board. There's no way he falls out of the top 10/12 though if redrafted. I personally might take him 6 as i hate Monroe and Turners game if I had to.

1 Irving

2 Leonard
    3 Mirotic
    4 Faried

5 Kanter
    6 Valancunius
    7 Vucevic

8 Williams
    9 Tristan Thompson
    10 Chandler Parsons

Leonard is obviously the second best player in the draft. mirotic on potential, Faried on what hes done. This could all change but right now I would definitly take Parsons over the likes of Knight and Walker. Shumpert might have a case.

4 or 5 guys could still end up being the second best player in this draft tho.

3. jmart

jmart Member

Leonard is the second best player so far I mean.

4. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

What about if you were to combine all three years. Who would be the top 10 players?

1. Harden
    2. George
    3. Irving
    4. Griffin
    5. Curry

5. PureElement

PureElement Member

Irving is way better than George.

6. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

I respect your opinion. I think with as elite of an offensive player Irving is, his defense (notoriously) is bad!

7. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I think Harden is more talented than Griffin. Switch Harden and Griffin and I think the Rockets miss the playoffs and the Clippers get better (especially if they trade some of their guards for a PF).

Still, some teams would take Griffin over Harden. Why? Well, it's similar to Lowry vs. Lin. Who would teams rather have? The cash cow or the better player? This is why I see most teams picking up Griffin over Harden with the exception of a few teams that understand winning championships is what sells the most tickets.

1 person likes this.
  8. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

It's very early with Kyrie.

I guess based on health,
    1a. Harden
    1b. Griffin
    1c. Kyrie
    4. George
    5. ummmm... Greg Monroe maybe.

Griffin, Kyrie and Curry get penalty points for missing games so far, basically.

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

too early to say with the 2011 draft, but certainly Parsons gets picked before Thompson in a do-over. Also, i'd put Leonard much further down that list, and move Vucevic way up. Faried should be in the top 3 IMHO.

10. roxxy

roxxy Member

LOL Wall & his 7% shooting from 3 for an entire season is definitely on a different planet talent wise than Lin lol.

11. GWST11

GWST11 Member

John Wall is shooting 83% from downtown in his last five games, now up to 29% on the season. But I understand what you're saying. :)

12. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

2009 (The Guards year)

1- Harden
    2- Blake Griffin
    3- Rubio
    4- Curry
    5- Holliday
    6- Gibson
    7- Jennings
    8- Tyreke

1- Cousins
    2- Wall
    3- Paul George
    4- Favors
    5- Monroe
    6- Hayward
    7- Lin
    8- Sanders

13. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Healthy John Wall is better then Jeremy Lin no doubt.

14. hubeijames

hubeijames Member

There is no reasonable explanation for putting Wall very high in the draft and dumping Lin several slots below him. You Lin haters are going to have him on your team for years to come, so you need to start at least trying to practice creating a real argument rather than just taking for granted that Lin is inferior to X PG by default.

15. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

I love that Linsanity is on our team and i really want him to succeed with us and prove all the naysayers wrong BUT having said that, there's no way you draft him ahead of John Wall. Come on now.

16. andersongo

andersongo Member

John Wall is not a good 3pt shooter at all. John Wall himself knows this as even during his current hot streak, he rarely attempts to take one. He is now mature enough to know that his best bet is to concentrate on his strength which is attacking the paint with his lightning speed and Irving-like handles, taking some mid-range shots and trying to play a modicum of defense by using his speed and athleticism to stay on his man.
    However, no way any GM is taking Wall at 1# over George, Favors, Cousins and Sanders with the benefit of hindsight as good guards are a dime a dozen and good big men and dominant wings are at a premium. Also, Wall is certainly not vastly superior to Lin on current showing and I don't know how anyone can draft Lin much lower than Wall.
    The revisionist tendency on this board is incredible as about two month ago there was a John Wall is a Joke thread in which many veteran posters were arguing that the Wiz turn-around had little to do with Wall and more with Nene and Okafor being healthy. Now after a few good games against bum teams Wall is again legit and superior to Lin.

17. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Wall is a terrible shooter, yes, but he's still far more talented than Lin.

Bigger, faster, more athletic, better ball-handler, better passer/playmaker, better shot creator, more defensive potential...just a far higher ceiling overall.

Just stop.

18. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

This thread should be made on a general NBA forum. the bias is crazy with some people here lol

19. Merovingian

Merovingian Member

Even now when it comes to draft picks I think teams would pick Wall ahead of Lin.

20. Exel

Exel Member

This is what David Falk pointed to in his rant about John Wall in this interview.