1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Jazz @ Rockets 3/20/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

I think D-Mo is taking corner 3's is because it is already very difficult and risky to adjust the offense at this stage of the season... we might see more low post set next season though...

2. JustaFan

JustaFan Member

Nothing shameless about it, just smart business.

3. New

We need low post game to stop the bleed. But we do not have one...

4. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

Given that most of Lin's fans live outside Houston, this is one way to watch the Nba. Given that many Asians are his fans, inluding overseas, it would make sense to target your marketing accordingly. So smart business.

5. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Great game. Enjoyed the win.

6. OremLK

OremLK Member

I'm sure there was all kinds of drama and complaining in this thread when the Jazz were making their run but I knew we were going to hold on and win... it was too much of a hole for Utah to dig out of. Also, it would never have seemed very close if Harden didn't commit that stupid foul at the end of the 3rd quarter.

Furthermore, I liked McHale's rotations except for a brief stretch when both Lin and Harden were off the floor together. His rotations in the 4th quarter were fine for the most part.

7. DOLPHIN2k2

DOLPHIN2k2 Member

LOL no, it was on the official NBA website. NBA seems to think that JLIN is as popular as KOBE and LBJ. :grin:

8. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Also it adds diversity :grin:

9. norcalhussla

norcalhussla Member

u got that right lol ^ wouldnt be as fun

10. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Fantasy. Dmo isn't strong enough to consistently get position, and so far no one has taken him seriously enough to even threaten a double team in the post. Nothing he's done so far suggests he can score consistently in the post.

11. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Gut feeling. Just an opinion. I also know that he hasn't proven anything but hey if he was proven he would've been started already.

12. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Well, I guess we can now say that Harden and Lin can play together, and perform well. Harden is not a ball hog, he is a good passer of the ball, and averages almost six assists per game to prove it. Jeremy Lin can shoot the ball from long range, he shoots almost 34% from three point range and is improving. Just imagine how well they will do next year.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am ok with DMo taking those 3s, he didn't miss by much, and we are looking towards the future anyway.

DD

14. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

I agree. He has shown that he can hit those type of shots. It's just a matter of confidence on his part. Hopefully by next season he can hit it at a better rate.

15. Habs

Habs Member

You actually don't have to be stronger than you defender to get position and score in the post. Most people think that because the effective 20 point low post guys tend to be 7 feet and 250+lbs like Tim Duncan, Zach Randolph, and Al Jefferson. Or, a few years ago Yao and Shaq. They think slower, stronger player with half court teams built around them. Players like them command doubles too, but you don't have to necessarily command a double, you can score off an iso low-post player and help your team just as well.

Kevin Garnett and Lamar Odom are 2 good examples off the top of my head of guys that can score from the low-block to the high post even though in their primes they were considered thin by power forward standards (let alone Center). They were often underweight and overpowered. But they got catches off their length and superior athleticism, and scored due to their speed and quickness advantage. They wouldn't give you 20 points off the low block like Duncan or Randolph, but they were still effective down there.

Carlos Boozer on the differences in post play in the NBA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcSoL9iCM90

16. just a word

just a word Member

I'm still laughing hard at the fact that this sounds like a Lin fan talking about Lin earlier this year. And now look at how reliable Lin has been from 3.

I feel like DMo will take this opportunity to learn and grow; rounding out his skills will do nothing but make the Rockets stronger.

17. cbk41

cbk41 Member

Better yet, Lin being forced into becoming a better outside shooter will open up his game even more.

18. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

3 or not is not important. as a 4, we need him to be a low post threat which we have zero right now. it is his future and also it is our future if he is in rox plan.

19. hltiki

hltiki Member

The thing is, they were being misused by either the game plan or by themselves. Lin was corner camping a hell of a lot more in the beginning, and right now so is DMO. Since the beginning, people have been clamoring for a low-post presence and more aggressiveness from Lin. In the past 5 games, we've seen more of the latter and just a bit of the former. D-MO, with his length, height, and skills can fill in the need for a low post presence, its just that he is shooting 3s more because of the offensive system or because he chooses to. So yes, very reminiscent of the earlier season with Lin, just there are no epic DoH vs DoF battles that I can follow to kill time at work.

20. holly1985

holly1985 Member

Nah. It's on the NBA official site. I saw it last night but didn't pay attention till it mentioned here. They're probably trying to draw some casual fans to buy league pass, also oversea fans.