1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a quality player - except on the 2nd half of a back-to-back.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by acshen, Mar 19, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Worst than a D-League player on nights with 0 rest. 36.9 FG%, 11.5 points, 3.2 rebounds, 5.3 assist, 3.4 turnovers.

Silver lining is that to make up for how awful he is in those games, he's much better in games where he gets rest.

2. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Do you? You must be big. :grin:

3. just a word

just a word Member

Found it:
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=232407

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He needs to get more sleep and carb up with pasta.

5. holly1985

holly1985 Member

Nah. I can't afford to get big. Single female living in NY. :grin:

6. Karolik

Karolik Member

Welcome to the last page Jeremy Lin. He is ranked 83/95 in adjusted FG% for 0 days rest among ALL PGs. The only starter worst than that is Jameer Nelson ( who is looking like felton last year tbh).

[​IMG]

He needs to stop eating in n out burgers, and start focusing on his Cardio whatever the reason for his poor stamina may be be it injury or whatever. If he can bring his FG% up 6-7% (which is about average) his level of play will skyrocket.

7. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

you're 27 years old i'm assuming

8. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

blame it on the asian genes :p

kidding. anybody can have good endurance if they work on it

9. daspydamayn

daspydamayn Member

dang he should shoot more 3s...

10. instar

instar Member

I'm sure he makes a lot of money. throw some of it on better personal conditioning trainer or nutritionist or something.

11. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

He's coming back from injury, and may still not be 100% yet.

12. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

I've found that people in the East Coast are going to generally favor Five Guys because that's what they know. Also Steak and Shake has gotten hype. Also first-timers don't always know that you can customize your order in In-N-Out. This includes everything from what to put in your burger, milk-shakes, to how you want your fries cooked. Personally I don't even get animal style. With everything said, if you combine that with overall pricing, I think In-N-Out is the better deal.

But if I'm super hungry and want more variety, I'd get Five Guys. It reminds of Subway, but with burgers since I always load it up. I like that you can add Mushrooms, green peppers, A1 sauce, and there's free peanuts while you wait.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dZXpkZJLy30" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. pnr

pnr Member

He needs to get nutrition tips from Steve Nash. That man is still pretty fresh at 38 and that's because he has a very strict diet that he diligently adheres to.

14. DBRox

DBRox Contributing Member

Leaders need to eat well. Kidding aside, being originally from SoCal I can honestly say that In n Out is good. I personally don't like the animal style because what I like about it is the freshness, it kind of defeats the purpose to go animal style because you are smothering it in sauce. I do like Five Guys though but it comes in after In n Out. There are In n Outs in the Dallas area now if you are ever over there and I've heard that they are coming to Houston later this year (I hope its not just a rumor).

15. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

It's pretty incredible that almost a quarter of our games are on the 2nd night of back-to-backs...

16. holly1985

holly1985 Member

Damn, another reason for me to stay in shape.:mad:

Yeah we can only take what we have. I like Five Guys' free peanuts. Shake Shack is definitely overhyped. I do like White Castle and it's pretty cheap.
    Friendly's burger is quite good. Too bad they don't have it here in the city.

Cheesecake Factory is just meh to me. Oh forgot to mention Quiznos, I love their honey mustard salad and steak sub. Cosi's is decent if you want a healthy quick lunch.

17. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

more a home and away problem. eliminate the "grudge games" against New York, Goldens State, and Chicago and then check the remaining away games. and it isn't just Jeremy.

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

This thread is about 2nd nights of back to backs and burgers.

Everyone sucks on the second night of a back to back, so that's no big deal.

As for burgers, most of you will never have Tookie's in Seabrook or Stomp's in Bacliff so you will not know a real burger. And I laugh at you while I eat my one pound Stomper.

19. nono

nono Member

Smashburger is pretty good. There's no in n out in Houston

20. meh

meh Contributing Member

This is pointless because almost every player is worse on the 2nd night of back-to-back. The question is whether or not Lin is affected more by fatigue than other players. And whether such fatigue can be fixed with experience/stamina.

If someone can make a chart of b2b performances relative to their normal rest, by PGs with 30+mpg and sort them by age/experience, THEN we'd have something to think about. Otherwise, this just seems like a random stat that may or may not be useful.