1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ed Reed visits Texans facility

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ivenovember, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Yes, his name is Ed f**king Reed.

2. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

He is a ball hawking safety...GQ in his 4 seasons has a grand total of 5 INT...Ed Reed in his last two season has had 7 picks... he is just one year removed from being 2nd team ALL Pro and two years removed from 1st Team All Pro..

Nobody knew how JJo would pan out...considering everyone was riding on Nmadi's jock...JJoe turned out to be an under the radar move...Ed Reed isnt under the radar...he is one of the top FA players this offseason

Yes...but did you know anything about JJoe until he played a year in Houston? Probably not...The Texans mgmt were going all in for players they believe were impact players, and Reed is still an impact safety...may not be the terror he once was...but Reed's worst season may still be better than a majority of safety's best...

1 person likes this.
  3. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

4. Anxiety Trooper

No one here is critiquing the signing of reed. We just saying we are not getting the Ed Reed that played like the greatest safety of all time. We are getting a slower, older version of that guy. He won't be an all pro but he won't be garbage either. Temper expectations.

5. cdain3

cdain3 Member

1 person likes this.
  6. robroy77

robroy77 Contributing Member

Shefter just said on Sportscenter that it is at best a 50/50 chance he signs with Houston. Oh God, Im starting to feel like we are being used as leverage if the odds are that low. On the other hand, he is out to dinner with his people, our people, and AJ and Chris Myers. Seems like a lot of effort to go along with to just bounce and not sign.

7. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Reed isn't any better than Glover. Probably will be worse next season.

9. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I want another good WR bad. Schaub needs all the help he can get. We all know how limited he is.

10. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

And Tate was also coming off a productive and healthy year when that rumor was floated. He's only had one of those in three seasons. He has no significant trade value considering he is coming off of his rookie contract after 2013.

11. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

I guess we just have to disagree. I think it is a gamechanger, and he is still a franchise safety. The guy played with a torn labrum for half of last season. I think he's better than Quin as an all-around player, even at his age. I think it's way way more than a spot fill, and anyone should be able to see that--even a pessimist.

"A decent one". Name a better fill at the safety position, including Quin. I don't think you can. I'd call that better than a decent fill.

12. REDNINJA

REDNINJA Member

Darius Heyward-Bey

13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'm guessing he said that because he has no new information coming out of Houston right now, and he doesn't want to go all in on Reed to the Texans just in case things DON'T pan out. I'm willing to bet that we have a greater than 50/50 shot at landing him.

14. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

The place where they were eating is right next door to Treasures. I bet they're celebrating him signing there.

15. Hilltopper

Hilltopper Contributing Member

#335 Hilltopper, Mar 15, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  16. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

AJ Herrera ‏@AJtheIntern_
    @kjohnsoncsn Ed Reed announcing at Pub Fiction that he is joining the Texans.

take it for what its worth but i just read this on twitter

17. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

18. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

He sounded like he's already a Texan.

19. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Awesome vid, nice to see him talk about the whole battle-tested stuff. He knows what it's like to beat New England, that's the only team that stands in the Texans way.

20. Hilltopper

Hilltopper Contributing Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.