1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dahntay Jones dirty foul on Kobe

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by GreatOne1978, Mar 13, 2013.

1. QazQay

QazQay Member

I don't think Dahntay did anything wrong. Kobe kicked his leg out into him.

2. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Z6BWYMjTs3c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OssD0TbqqO0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I wish i could make this my sig...

4. conquistador#11

says the guy who likes to fingerpaint with his elbow on battier's face.
    this was not anything close to malicious. just watch youtube clips of bowen to see how it is done.

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Nobody's crying. But I won't stop posting my opinion b/c you don't like it.

Like you're an NBA ref or something. Stop whistling.

6. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

No superstar call for Kobe on that possession. I think he should have gotten the call there. Jones is also one of the dirtiest players in the league, arguably the dirtiest guard.

7. amaru

amaru Member

Kobe certainly did kick out and that is an offensive foul.

Dahntay looked to move under Kobe somewhat intentionally...but Kobe also seemed to roll his foot on the floor.

Given the history of both players....its hard to say who threw a dirty shot.

That being said....expect the NBA to drop the hammer of Dahntay for knocking the Lakers out of the playoff race. Stern and Co. will not like this.

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

Damn so these two have had a history. Tough to say. I still think it could be a foul on both players. Kobe with the kick and Dahntay shoving himself into Kobe. From the highlights posted here, it seems like Kobe's had Dahntay's number on offense, regularly getting past him.

9. clippy

clippy Member

Should have been an offensive foul + a technical for flopping.

10. turtletran

turtletran Member

From the angle on Kobe's back it looked dirty, but the camera from Jones looking away seemed unintentional

11. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

12. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Kinda pathetic that Jones is going on twitter trying to defend himself.

The way I see it jones basically walked under him. I don't like Kobe, but that's kinda dangerous. He extends his right leg into Kobe. Usually, when you contest a shot, you go up and down. He's not going up and down, he's going forward.

Dahntay Jones just better shut off twitter, and become a hermit. Kobe isn't Justin Beiber, but Kobe fan will publicly post his home address, and phone number, and email and **** like that.

13. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Not a big fan of Kobe, but I despise players that do that crap. Aaron Brooks' career is still recovering from that same crap Manu pulled.

14. clippy

clippy Member

I suspect that Kobe fans and Bieber fans overlap quite a bit. They are the same clueless teenage bandwagon fanbase.

15. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I'm with the "that was a dirty play" camp. Jones is a known dirty player.

Still, Kobe is a dirty player too. So I don't really care in this instance.

16. clippy

clippy Member

I thought Kobe was always bragging about how he was "old school". You think an old school player like Charles Oakley would go on twitter to cry about a questionably dirty play? GTFO fakebe

17. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

You have a point but he didn't just walk under him, its kind of hard to shift your momentum if you've already gone up. What works in his favor is the fact that he had already turned around (game was on the line here...game tying shot) I doubt intentionally going into kobe was on his mind. If you're already up mildly in the air you can curb where you are going to land a bit , but the offensive player kicking out only worsens everything.

We all know how easy kobe gets whistles Its just very unlikely jones was trying to do anything to make the refs give it to him.

19. dsid411

dsid411 Member

This. And Jones may have just been playing lazy "it's kobe and my hand won't really matter" defense.

20. fmp087

fmp087 Member

Step out of kobeworld for a bit. That wasn't dirty, it was questionable at best.