1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2013 Free Press SummerFest

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tigereye, Feb 27, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Went up even more now. Even general pass went up to $74.50 from $67.50. Nt sure how long I should hold out before I buy.

2. NateNate

NateNate Member

Damn, that $115 looks better by the day

3. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

Going to plug this band because they are arguably the best band from here in Beaumont, but if you get a chance, definitely see this band at Free Press- <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GuWe51m7yb0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

They are awesome. Their shows here in Beaumont are always tons of fun. I've seen well over 100 artists and they still put on one of the best shows I've seen.

Here's their live EP which is free (if you want it to be) and IMO much better then the studio stuff- http://hellochief.bandcamp.com/album/live-at-victoria-house

1 person likes this.
  4. Greg8231984

Greg8231984 Member

wow im surprised they were way better than i thought, very talented. i will definitely check them out if there are no conflicts with bands ive wanted to see longer

5. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

guiz any idea where I can get a ticket without having to pay 110+ now?

6. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It's awful. Everyone worth it is playing Saturday. It sucks because Mord Fustang and Passion pit play at the same time and Calvin Harris and Postal service do to. Ugh

8. The Drake

The Drake Member

Am I complete moron or is Saturday way more stacked than Sunday? I realize those options aren't mutually exclusive.

Also, any recommendations for the morning/early afternoon? I'll go ahead and plug The Niceguys at 1:40 on Saturday.

9. droopy421

droopy421 Member

Are there any maps up that show stage locations?

10. Convictedstupid

For real.

I'm afraid to look up some of the bands I don't know for fear of wanting to see them during other acts I want to see.

11. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Not that I know of. They need a map with the locations of the entrances and stages.

12. chrisjent

chrisjent Member

Looking for a little help from any wristband holders. I bought a wristband of my own off of CL for a bit less than the current $200 GA all in pass (wasn't it like $30 to start with???).

Anyhow, I got both the wristband and the yellow "Important Information" card. The card says I have to activate the wristband...no big deal. I go to the site to do so, and I am tranferred to Stubwire where I have to put in the original purchasers info. What? I've been to a number of festivals and have never had to do this to 'activate' the wristband. Usually, the bands arrive already activated, and if need be, the festival personnel can deactivate at a later date (if it was later lost, stolen, etc). I tried getting in touch w/ the CL seller, but lucky me, now that he has his money, no response. So obviously, he doesn't know where the ticket came from or got it in the midst of shadiness. I just hope that somebody at some point activated my pass.

So my question. For those that did 'activate' the wristband, I was curious what message you got? Was it already activated when it arrived? What did signing on to your account accomplish? I'm curious b/c if every wristband truly needs to be activated, there are going to be a lot of people at the gate who forget and/or do not know the origins of their tickets. Let's face it, a lot of tickets will be sold on the secondary market or passed along from a friend of a friend of a friend. This could be quite the cluster if really every single wristband needs activation for entrance.

Thanks in advance for any help/info...

F

13. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Idk i'll let you know as soon as I get mine. Since it's already beginning of May and I haven't gotten mine yet -_-

Also, yeah. Sunday looks terrible. I'll probably hang out around stage 3 after 5 pm both days.

#73 DudeWah, May 6, 2013
    Last edited: May 6, 2013
  14. Pete the Cheat

I was thinking the same thing myself. Looks like I will be spending the better part of 2 days at separate stages from the wife.

15. chrisjent

chrisjent Member

Anyone...Bueller?

Tried calling StubWire...I was told that they could not pass along whether my wristband was active for security reasons (what?!?). I'd find out anyways at the gate...it's not as though I want to know anything about the original seller, just if the wristband I bought is legit. Really hoping to avoid the drive to Houston just to find out its is a 'no-go.'

16. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

WTF GA tickets are $167 now?!? My dumbass should have hopped on at the OG price. Could have bought like 4 and paid for my own ticket with profits from scalping. :mad:

17. NateNate

NateNate Member

Procrastination kills. My circle is no longer attending because of this :mad:

I don't know enough bands to justify spending that much, although outdoor concerts are always fun regardless

18. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

When I bought my pass, the only acts I had listened to were Geto Boys, Devin the Dude, and Iggy Pop and the Stooges. Since then, I've discovered a band that I now love (Milo Greene) and they've added a couple that I like (Kashmere Stage Band and Action Bronson). Luckily I'll be able to see all of these acts, and I guess I'll just go wherever my friends go for the rest of the time (unless it involves 2 Chains).

19. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

So the only big act playing against these guys is 2 Chainz. And while if you want to see 2 Chainz, I'm not going to stop you, I fully recommend seeing these guys.

20. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

I've never been to FPSF or to any music festival actually, but can anyone tell me how easy it is to move from stage to stage? Is it better to stick to 1 stage the whole day or is it viable to move around stage to stage to see which bands you want?