1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do we need to add asset for SF spot?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Normalus, Mar 12, 2013.

?

Do we need asset for SF spot?

1. Yes

27 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. No

36 vote(s)
    57.1%
  1. Normalus

Normalus Member

I just thought - we have just Chandler, Del3no and Garcia. And Del3no could leave us, also Garcia. So, do we need any new asset to backup Chandler (and posibly Del3no) next summer? Who can it be, may we look overseas? :rolleyes:

2. PinkTacos

PinkTacos Member

so does the eye roll mean this is a sarcastic question?:confused:

3. Arthurprescott2

???

What do you mean? Isn't that why we have #BeWell Twitter fiend?

Joking aside, I hope Delfino stays.

4. Mock

Mock Member

Add Tracy Mcgrady

Now your good an easy 10-15 points off the bench plus veteran leadership and possibly will dish out a handful of assist. It's really just like adding Vince Carter.

5. Normalus

Normalus Member

I mean this summer

6. Normalus

Normalus Member

Nope, just wrong smilie. I'm serious.

7. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Are you sure? I can't tell since you did not use the serious emoticon face.

8. PinkTacos

PinkTacos Member

[​IMG]

9. Normalus

Normalus Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  10. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Josh Smith can play the 3 when Chandler sits

11. jocar

jocar Member

We need to stop saying "asset" just b/c that's what Morey does

12. PRaZe

PRaZe Member

Leave us?! LOL we have team option on Delfino and Garcia. So they can't leave us. Morey has the decision if he wants to keep them

13. RocketsFan0

RocketsFan0 Member

Add Wes Johnson!

14. Mock

Mock Member

Your pretty naive if you think T-Mac would not be good off the bench. Vince Carter is still kicking it as a bench player. Kobe is still putting up huge numbers and T-Mac and Kobe are the same age.

T-Mac was actually decent help for the Hawks and with his knees healthy he showed he can still put up 30+ a night in China and dunk. Obviously that was China so he would prolly avg 10-15 points and every now n then some big games 20+.

He will always be able to make great assist no matter how old he is and he still has the magical touch for buzzer beaters. If I am correct he saved the Hawks twice with a buzzer beat and had a couple in China.

He's a great asset and would mentor James Harden if anything with his veteran experience.

If he does not end up in Houston he is going to go somewhere else and be a solid contributer to a team, if you don't think so then your very foolish.

Just don't start making threads "trade for T-mac" when he signs with someone else.

15. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I lol'd

16. LivinLikeLarry

I will say signing McGrady would cause a lot of publicity and more revenue to the Rockets, which it looks like is exactly what Les wants, but as a basketball move I'm not sure how much sense signing Tmac would make.

His knees are obviously very old now so he would not fit in well in our run and gun offence. If he were to play on this team right now he would be in trainer's room trying to rehab sooner rather than later, that is unless he doesn't try. Also, how much money would he want? I'm sure more than league minimum, and we do not need to put a big dent in our cap space right now.

As far as him mentoring Harden, I don't want Harden turning out anything like McGrady, and their skillsets are pretty different too. I trust Morey can find more of the Delfinos of the world in free agency rather than dishing out our cap space for Tmac.

17. Mock

Mock Member

We have Garcia. Mcgrady = Instant upgrade.. All I have to say. There only 3 years apart and T-Mac is still more athletic more versitle and overally better. If anything It would not hurt us what-so-ever considering next ssn were going to need someone who will not eat up our cap space and chances are T-Mac is not going to be a huge contract because he has to prove himself before he can get that.

I don't see how this is a bad idea. He's a veteran who is obviously matured and still cares about Houston. It would be logical for him because he lives here with his family and he's closer to his cousin Vince Carter. Like you said it would create revune and he would actually help us quiet signfitcally.

To me the only risk is him not staying healthy and for a while now he's been fine. With the Knicks, hawks and now China. His main thing was getting back in shape and dusting the rust off which he has done. So it seems.

Not trying to be a total T-Mac lover but it's actually not a bad opition considering I don't see who we would sign after we sign our supposed One or Two all-star caliber players.

He's versatile as far as positions. He can play PG, SG and SF. He just filled three positions if needed and can rotate around to any.

It's a logical choice for the teams future and for the Rockets management as far as money and popularity. It will create buzz and create fan base to blow up. Also China loves the crap out of T-Mac. That's another cha ching for the rockets owner.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Is there an option I don't give a crap until it's allstar material?

19. LivinLikeLarry

Of course he is an upgrade over Garcia, maybe Delfino but that is yet to be seen. What it would really boil down to is what would he want to get paid, and where in the rotation would he fit in?

I really don't want to get into a Tmac debate, so I'll just say this. Having McGrady on the team would cause a lot of controversy in Houston and on this board. I'm not sure that this board needs much more controversy, especially for a third string bench player, considering we already have the war of LOF vs. LOH vs. Rocket fans and the highly debated Coach McHale.

20. Jontro

Jontro Member

I dunno, so I voted yes.

However this roster is far from complete.