1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sam Smith: Rockets "quietly sending out signals they’d trade Omer Asik and Jeremy Lin"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by phantoman, Mar 11, 2013.

1. J-Wolf

J-Wolf Member

Some of the ideas are just laughable. Harden CP3 Howard and Smith on the same team? This is not video game guys, wake up!

It's amazing how some ppl on this forum post. People dissing JLin like he "is a joke", and meanwhile, when finally there is rumors that Lin can be traded, they want franchise player(s) in return. How do you then, trade a "joke" for a "franchise player"?

2 people like this.
  2. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

Les kept Yao for business reasons

same for Lin

3. hustle_town

hustle_town Rookie

My point is Harden is going to be an elite player eventually, but he has to accomplish certain things first (make the playoffs, get MVP votes, 1st team All NBA, etc etc).

My main point is, Harden is the one position (SG) where you can't realistically upgrade through FA signing, sign and trade, trade, draft, etc.

4. Arthurprescott2

As long as DMo isn't traded, I'm fine.

If he is traded, I'm going to pout like Carl. :(

1 person likes this.
  5. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Howard, Harden, Paul and Parsons >>>>>>> Lebron, Wade, Bosh and Battier

6. LAC

LAC Member

Does Morey ever sell low? Lin's value is not exactly high right now. Unless Lin has some Linsanity performance before the offseason, he's not going anywhere.

7. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

ITs a possibility, but I would only trade Lin, and thats only after if we are able to get CP3 or All-Star level PG. Asik IMO is a championship/playoff center I would rather keep him.

If not Im happy with Lin and Asik still being on the team.

8. caneks

caneks Rookie

If Howard can not play well together with two proven allstars in Kobe and Gasol, why do you expect he can be any good with anyone else here?

9. torocan

torocan Member

Smith is dodgy, but it doesn't take much to look at Morey and know that everyone is on the block except Harden and possibly Parsons, however I have no doubt that he'd trade Parsons too if that's what it took to get a bona fide superstar to put beside Harden.

Heck, even Harden would be available to trade if Lebron was available.

No news here.

10. J-Wolf

J-Wolf Member

:rolleyes:

11. pho

pho Member

harden and cp3 cannot co-exist. both are too ball-dominate.

12. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

Even Harden is an asset. Unless people think Morey wouldn't ship him out if Lebron was on the trading block. Nobody is safe!

13. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Lol...I love it when media trolls think they can read what Morey will or will not do...So far, people have widely speculated and have come up short...

And since everyone is in a speculative mood...

What I think will happen is that the Rockets wait on getting the best bargain for the buck...they already have tremendous assets stocked up and will only gain more leverage once the offseason arrives...Desperate teams will make desperate moves. The Rockets are now in a position of strength in terms of a future outlook...They wont throw that away without a guarantee...

What Morey would love to have is Howard, Josh Smith, and Harden trio...Unless he has a guarantee that this combo can be a reality, he will not mortgage his current advantage, which is his ability to wait for the right deal...

The age of having a superstar trio running the ship has long sailed...Pau Gasol is gonna get amnestied this offseason... The Miami trio may not last again this offseason...

For now the BS meter should be sky high on this rumor...

14. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

The Rockets still got pretty good deals for both guys, but Brooks & Lowry come to mind. Martin, too.

I don't expect Lin to be traded unless it means moving the needle considerably. Make no mistake about it though, the Rockets will trade Lin if it helps "now and in the future". Harden is the only core piece.

15. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Did you not watch Harden play with Durant and Westbrook?? Harden was fine...Infact, i think Harden is a better set shooter than people give him credit for...

16. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Flip them for Love? Go after CP3 and Howard in the off season. We'll have extra PFs again, trade them to fill any voids.

17. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Harden has tons of steals which is definitely a defensive stat. His on ball defense is defenitely pretty bad, and needs to get better if he ever wants to really be considered a superstar. He has showed some signs of improvement on D recently, atleast to my eyes, still though there is alot of room for improvement in that department.

18. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

Howard is a Laker. This is his last max contract and he will not leave 30 million on the table. The Lakers are contenders every year. Keep dreaming though.

I personally can't see CP3 leaving the Clippers either. They are a real good team already. He will also command max pay.

The Rockets can't pay 3 max contracts.

19. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

so cp3 and dhoward will leave Los Angeles, make less money and come to houston?

lmfao......

not gonna happen.

20. hooroo

hooroo Member

[​IMG]