1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Suns 3/9/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 9, 2013.

1. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Lol!! Too funny~

2. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

You don't coast in a game against your previous team. Typically players get over-worked up. Dragic's gonna have a better game next time but that's a pretty stubborn position, that a non-superstar pg in a game against the better team just coasted through most of the game. Dragic will have a big game against us before the season ends but if he doesn't, it's not cuz he's coasting.
    And btw "coasting" is not a basketball term.

3. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

oh, pleeeease, you are the king of twisting Lin fans comments and spinning your own posts. You are not that far behind for competing for the chairman of anti-Lin-fans club. :rolleyes:

4. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Well having to play back to back games probably effected him as well since we all know how much they effect Lin. I just didn't see Dragic looking to bring it to his former team till the end.

5. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

You originally said superstar said Lin was a poor defender, all he said was dragic didn't do good because of Lin's defense. That doesn't mean he was saying he is a poor defender

(I feel like I used poor grammar, I apologize if I did lol)

1 person likes this.
  6. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

To me it's like this.,.... When you see Lin deferring to Harden and playing passive, you wouldn't say the opponent is doing a great job of guarding Lin would you?

7. dxdx

dxdx Member

Didn't the watch the game here, but I have a genuine question that I've been wondering about. Considering the number of ex-rockets players in the Suns (and the recent Morris trade), could the rocket's playbook have been exposed to the Suns player's knowledge and abuse?

I assume that their playbook is pretty limited given the number of rookies, new players and their inexperience the squad has.

8. wincan459

wincan459 Member

Aside from Parsons, the ex and current rockets players were never team mates. The only common they have is they played/playing for McHale.

9. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

I meant to say the reason dragic didn't do good wasnt because of Lin's defense. I just noticed my error.

10. dxdx

dxdx Member

Talking specifically about Morris then; it was a recent trade, we all know the rocket's playbook is pretty limited because there wasn't time for the team to jell and be comfortable together, Morris pretty much knew about almost all their weaknesses.

11. wincan459

wincan459 Member

It seems so many are over analyzing.

Teams have good games and bad games, an individual player has good games and bad games, a coach has good games and bad games.

A game is never won or lost by an individual player, I don't have to elaborate this. More precisely, a player can contribute more than others in a win or loss. Lin definitely contributed a bigger share for this loss.

Overall as a team for the whole season, the Rockets is doing just fine.

1 person likes this.
  12. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

We were owned on the boards. Without asik we are doomed.

13. LoLin

LoLin Member

Lin, for his horrible execution between 6:46 to 5:58 that caused the deficit to balloon to 7 in the 4th, the PF and Asik were the culprits from 4:00 to 2:45 that, despite Harden's great effort to get the team back to a 1 pt game, allowed Dragic and Haddadi having a field day through PnR and the board, causing the deficit to grow back to 7.

14. deedee82

deedee82 Member

Its actually poster's like that from the earlier years that actually have restraint and a "if i have nothing good to say, say nothing" attitude, that keep me coming back to the forums.

After every loss, the forum is unreadable, this coming from a person who registered in 2012.

Came to this board becuase i wanted to watch Asik develop and soon Lin came, Harden arrived and then the population boom.

Let's just chill and let the coaches and player's do their thing. Analysis very much welcome with data.

And finally, Go Rockets~!

1 person likes this.
  15. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

It is one thing that Lin passes the ball to Harden right after he brings up the ball to half court when his defender is still 3 feet away. Yes, in our eyes, that's called deferring to Harden. (But in Sampson's eyes, that's called moving the ball and that's what Lin is asked to do. Watch/Listen to Sampson's radio interview before GSW game, you would know what I'm talking).

It's another thing that Dragic passed the ball because Lin's hand was always right in front of his face or Lin's body was always sticking close to his body. This is called forced to pass the ball due to Lin's defense pressure. It's not Dragic deferring the ball. Dragic is his team's main guy. There is no superstar like Harden on their team that he has to defer.

Pay attention to the difference next time when you watch the game.

1 person likes this.
  16. jeddah

jeddah Member

Hey Star it's not an excuse...we saw how Dragic didn't perform well during 1'st to 3rd quarter...so how would you explain it then..he was 5 points coming in to the fourth...If Lin did not make a good defensive job on him, he might have 16 assist ( he got it a night before ) against us...he lit up literally in the fourth because Lin was limited with his 4 fouls and being too tired running around the court..

Lin divides his time guarding Dragic and Marshall ( Dragic's back-up )...so expect that he will be gassed during the fourth quarter..coach McHale should have played AB seeing that Bev was not faring well..

Lin didn't perform well in the fourth, that was evident..He tried to force too much knowing that he won't get a call...

17. FTW

FTW Member

there are not many sane people here. angry Veterans, annoying Veterans, LOFs, LFs, LOFHs, LFHs, trolls everywhere.

and let's have a looking at the "standing". situation can only get much more intense. Focus on the main game, guys. Playoff. go rockets.

Fakers, god, No, No........ ....... .... God...

No. No.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nice try.... 15 is Marcus.... 11 would be Keef

19. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

Rockets lost and its only a 90 pages thread?! lol..

20. MonKing

MonKing Member

The DDOS attack took the board off-line for long stretches at the beginning of the game. Don't know when it came back online, I gave up trying after awhile. Curious if anyone has heard more about it. Is it true that a LOF offshoot of the Beijing military tried out a new algorithm in preparation for a full-scale attack on CF when the NBA is in Taiwan next year?

That might be just a rumor.