1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets.com: Lin on Not Playing in 4th Qtr

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

Wrong. Lots of players did not do what Lin did last year. No one scored/assisted more in their first five starts than Lin. No one at his stage got on two covers of SI, Time Person of the Year, brought MSG to their feet every game, and all the other stuff. Sports is entertainment and he entertained. Lots of proof that he can play ball = a good player. He's not consistent because his upside is so high it's hard to reproduce every night, and he is a young player that never played against the highest level comp consistently until the pros.

2. otisthorpe3

otisthorpe3 Member

Suns game is why Lin should not play the 4th.

3. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

So his upside is why he's inconsistent? Tell me about chandler parsons then.

4. PatBeverleyFan

Exactly! This game exposed him!

5. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

Yes. If the max you've ever achieved is 13/5 and Lin is at 38/8, then the former can run a 5/3 stinker and it would not stand out as much as if Lin did it. Plus you've selectively forgot about the "and" part in my sentence. Chandler played at a Div 1 school and never achieve the same highs, plus when he has a single digit game, there is not the same scrutiny. There is only one Asian-American, but lots of Euro-Americans and even more African-Americans in the NBA (and just about any other professional league outside of the CBA), hence the focus.

6. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

so lin played in the 4th quarter and we lost. where my LOFs at now???

the LOFs are avoid this thread like the plague.

7. wendzall

wendzall Member

I wouldn't classify myself as a Lin Only Fan, though I am a fan, but I didn't feel that he was responsible for the loss any more than the rest of the team. I also don't think Beverly would have made a difference if he was in.
    I hate to blame any particular player or call anyone out for fault but I will mention that the game was lost near the middle of the third minute when the rockets were within 1 point, 92/93. In the next few possessions which included Dragic scoring a couple of key shots while the Rockets missed two of their own (one right under the basket and another rushed shot).
    There was also a bit of bad luck with the ball bounces which resulted in some unavoidable offensive rebounds by Phoenix in key possessions.
    Overall if there was anyone to be blamed it should the who team for not taking this game seriously. You could really sense the complacency and the vibe that the Rockets were confident they can reel in the Suns at any point. They did but because they left it till so late they had no margin for error in the last minutes... well that error happened in the middle of the third minute.

8. Sherlockfever

Sherlockfever Rookie

thunders is why he should

9. Sherlockfever

Sherlockfever Rookie

if you want so-called LOFs to be team fans, pls don't target one player only by yourself as well.

i don't want to force you to 'love' lin, but at least please do not wish your own player to fail on your own board.

Lin is raw, that's why he should play more (and all our other young ones shall play more) so that he can improve and become an asset to the team.

10. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

when did i "wish my own player to fail?"

i was cheering when he hit those 2 late game dagger 3's against okc.

11. Hak34

Hak34 Member

Tell me about Hardens Defense and how his 8 turnovers cost the team? Yes he scored a lot.

Go ahead and prove how lopsided you are.

Hilarious every time in the 4th quarter Lin would fight around a screen and Dragic would pull up for a jumper the board would erupt in a sea of "F U Lin". When really his help Defenders fault for not stepping up into the lane and cutting off Dragic. Didn't stop the peanut gallery from blaming Lin each and every one of those. Funny how the peanut gallery didn't notice how McHales outrageous comments about Lin and 29 pts and 9 TO's more matched Hardens output for the game.

I watched Harden (as exposed many times) not pay attention to his man as he sagged away only to get blown by and try at the last minute to recover which led to pass off dunks and layups. Rarely did I see anyone pay enough attention to this tiny detail. For all of Goran's super 4th quarter breakout his net result was a -8 for the game. That's right folks as Goran was in the game his team was down 8 points. You know who's + - was high for the game and had a career day against Houston? Jared Dudley who plays.....SG. Also the 6'4" Kendall Marshall who was on the floor with Goran a bit and slid over to the ....... SG spot.

Look, Im not hating on Harden. I like having the man on our team. He is a Rocket. So is Lin. Overall I'd say Lin did play a pretty lame 4th quarter. But you people just show your basketball ignorance when all you want to do is find the flaws in Jeremy night in and night out. There was plenty of blame to go around in this loss.

Instead of finding the real reason we lost, you people are so hell bent on hating on Lin so much he is the reason we lose regardless and is never the reason we win.

You want to know the REAL reason we lost this game. It wasn't Dragics amazing 4th quarter. :rolleyes: It wasn't Lins turnovers or Hardens turnovers. It was this stat right here. Joey Crawford. Should of known the second he was assigned the game something like this would happen.

18 to 39. That's more than double the Free Throw attempts for the Suns. Game over. How many teams are able to overcome another team getting over twice as many free throws and pull out a win. Im willing to bet its a rarity.

1 person likes this.
  12. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

Repped. And I was one of the first to say Lin had a bad fourth quarter.

I was also thinking the same thing about Joey Crawford. I saw him to start the game and had a bad feeling the rest of the way.

13. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

What does this gibberish mean. Lin has never had a game of 38/8, and how can Parsons max be 13/5 when he averages 15 points a game?

As far as scoring 5 points or less, Lin has done that almost twice as many times and Chandler.

14. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

I didn't understand that one bit myself. Is he comparing Parsons career numbers, which are incorrect, to one game of Lin's? Parsons has gone off for more than 13/5 in a game before. Strange.

15. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

My first point has nothing to do with Parsons, that was another poster.

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

what kind of up-buthole logic is that? I don't think that even makes sense. It explains a lot when it comes to LOF posts though.

17. teebone21

teebone21 Member

Good thing his contract is only 3 years I see morey trading him

18. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

As far as Harden's defense goes, he spent most of the game guarding Johnson and Tucker. Dudley scored most of his points on delfino and Parsons.
    Haddadi was +15, but I suppose that was Harden's fault to.

And why exactly is Lin going over screens 30 feet from the basket?