1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets.com: Lin on Not Playing in 4th Qtr

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 7, 2013.

1. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

OK LoF. I'll play with you. First, when did I ever, EVER mention Bev? At all? Please find that post? You can't? Ok so shut the hell up you dumb fanboy and stop making **** up. 2nd of all, show me where he has consistently played an entire season as a good PG. Lin is inconsistent and most of the time, above-average. He is not in the top 10 in his position. One can make the argument that he might not even make it into the top 20. He is a decent passer at a barely 2:1 assist to passing ratio. He is a pretty good scorer when he is plays aggressive, which feels like every other game. He is an average shooter career wise at best. Tell me, what magical qualities of Lin makes you think he is so good?

2. pnr

pnr Member

He's not getting paid like a top 10 PG. All the top 10 PGs get paid more than 8 mill per. He's getting paid like an average starting PG, and he has played like one. What production do you want out of an 8 million point guard not on a rookie contract?

3. rblaria

rblaria Member

If Les believes McHale is not a championship coach, he will fire McHale sooner or later. If he thinks McHale is a championship coach or is unsure, he will likely listen to Morey. (and whether Morey wants to keep McHale is another matter. A tweet is a tweet. It can't be interpreted at face value at times..) It doesn't have much to do with Lin..

Similarly, if Les didn't think Lin could be the starting PG in a championship contending team, he wouldn't have brought Lin here. Sure, business revenue prospect was one of many reasons Les wanted to bring Lin to Houston. But if Lin turns out to be detrimental for winning a championship, he will be likely gone...

Lin means business revenue AND something more..at this point at least.
    ..As for McHale, I'm not so sure as to what he can/will bring for the team at present or in the future.

4. wincan459

wincan459 Member

Wow,there are so many who like to pick a fight.

5. DBRox

DBRox Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Exactly! Some people just doesn't understand that he's just getting the average non rookie dollar, it's no like he's getting D Williams salary and getting the current production. Look at these two numbers:

Marvin Williams ($8 million):
    12.7PPG 2.76TOPG .88SPG 6.6APG 2.10RPG

Jeremy Lin ($8 million)
    12.7PPG 2.89TOPG 1.84SPG 6.2APG 3.30RPB

If Mo is worth every penny for the Jazz, why not for Jeremy Lin? Sheesh...

7. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

Where did everyone get the idea that Lin's not confident in himself?
    If he's not confident he would've dropped out in 2011.
    If he's doesn't believe in himself, he wouldn't even try for the NBA in the first place.

Lin always said God's got a plan for everyone, while my observation says he's got a plan of his own, ever since he knew he's got NBA talent when he was a kid. After getting waived twice, it's really hard for ANY NBA player to bounce back the way he did last year. And bounce back with Linsanity? That's even harder. If he can lower his pride as a sophomore doing rookie chores carrying Veteran Knicks bags and opening doors for them(Carmelo), that's a great sign of dedication and confidence in himself .
    And look where he's at today. He'll be fine, he knows what to do.
    To the fans? Remember everyone telling everyone to be #patient? It works both ways.

8. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

fix :be #patient

9. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

The only problem is that Beverley didn't have a hot hand against Dallas. At all. Offensively he was a total non factor and the ball stopped moving. Harden didn't have enough help and was forced to try to win the game by himself.

It was nothing like the Orlando game. Lin was playing fine against Dallas and his shot was falling. The benching was totally inexplicable and it ended up costing the team the game. Personally I think he should never be benched in the 4th, he's a legit starting PG in this league and is paid like it. He should finish all games barring him playing completely awful. However, if McHale benches him and Beverley is obviously a driving force behind them winning the game, I would understand it. But against Dallas it completely backfired and actually lost them the game.

Hopefully, McHale will learn from it and only bench him when it really benefits the team as a whole. This was not the case against the Mavs.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Why would the two be exclusive? According to your reasoning:

Lin equals profit
    Lin does not equal championship

One statement is fact, the other is pure speculation. Lin is in only his 2nd year. How could you come to that conclusion so early. I could say the same about ANY 2nd or 3rd or 4th year player and it would still be completely speculative.

And if we accept that Lin does not equal championship, then you could say the same about almost everyone currently on this Rockets team. That includes McHale and Morey. McHale has NEVER coached a championship team, and Morey has never GMed a championship team. And neither have come close.

McHale and Morey being buddies should mean squat. Les forced out a future HOFer like Adelman for Dream's sake. You think that just because McHale and Morey heart the Celtics will sway Les' decision either way??

It is premature to think that either McHale or Lin will not be on the Rockets. And IF that day comes, when it has to be one over the other, then choosing the young player with unknown upside who says and does everything right and is a proven marketing goldmine vs. the old champion who has had limited success as a coach and well known for not being an x's and o's guy - I go with the player.

Like most franchises tend to do.

1 person likes this.
  11. nickg

nickg Member

They are getting close to mike Conley level production ( Conley is better defensively ) from him. 8 mil is fine

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

After blowing up big with the Knicks last year, black Jeremy Lin would be just as big a star as Asian Jeremy Lin. Maybe even bigger. The only two things that would be different:

1) He'd have the respect from black players around the league that he simply doesn't get. Not that he's a star, but once a player has established himself the way Lin did last year, he gets that respect from his peers. Asian Jeremy Lin is still getting cheap shots from players.

2) He wouldn't have near as many Asian fans.

1 person likes this.
  13. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

This is a good point if you mean scoring. I think what Muas means is not for Lin to be the first scoring option, it is for Lin to be the first ball handling option. Miscommunication here.

14. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

We get it. You think he sucks or is average at best. But at least get your facts right. Lin is averaging 32.7 min. per game, not 35. And, it is clear to anyone that he is not the primary ballhandler like the other star PGs being mentioned are. And if you look at his stats over the course of this season, his recent month averages are much better as he started the season off of knee surgery and with a change of not only scenery but systems and players. Most importantly, though, the PG's job is to be unselfish and get everyone else going. Watch the way Lin plays offense and help defense, plus goes at loose balls. It is clear to me that at the very least he is already at the very least a good player. The PG's job is not to chuck up a bunch of shots and get his points unless the team needs it. And on the occasions that the team has needed it, Lin has cranked it up a number of times in the scoring department, often against the top competition.

15. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Lol i LOVE the fact that you think you can judge people from an internet forum because they have different opinions than you do. Its honestly hilarious. Because even if i was to be a troll, Trolls are only low income people? hahaha yeah buddy. Whatever you say. May i ask if you have ever been around a successful person? How old are you? I will not brag or anything but if you need to know, im 23 years old, i own a 43,000$ car that will be paid off in a year and a half, i have a one bedroom apartment downtown that i also pay for, and i pay my own way through school. I work with people who make more in a year then you probably will your entire life time. So next time have some sense before you come in talking out of your ass because someone doesn't agree with your point of view. Childish.

16. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Even by forum standards, with your grammar, you'll be in school for a long long time.

1 person likes this.
  17. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Please point out my horrible grammar in my previous post.

18. Just Ballin

Just Ballin Member

[​IMG]

19. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Thank you. one more stop and its game time!!!

20. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

wrong thread sorry lol