1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets.com: Lin on Not Playing in 4th Qtr

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

They don't have to be. Fans aren't held to the same standard.

2. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Omg what an idiot. You are the starting PG, you play you dummy. Omg, now we know why McHale always takes him out. He's SCARED! He needs to earn his name back, for now he is NeverMe Win

3. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Honestly, I don't really understand what "ok" means. If it means accepting it, of course he's ok. As he said, coach makes the decision, it is what it is.

He already accepted it, as he had to. As for his fans, I guess they also accepted the fact he didn't play, not there is any other options. All they could do is questioning the decision, as they are entitled to, and as they should. But was Lin happy? About the loss or about not playing? No player should ever be happy about one of those two things.

4. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

You know being Asian American myself I wonder how much of his attitude is just cultural and maybe partly Christian influence. Eastern cultures just emphasize community and team work over individual achievement. There's a saying in Chinese...the tallest blade of grass is the first to get cut.

I think it's the attitude he needs to have to do well....but just wondering if you'll ever hear him say otherwise because I know it's not common in my own Asian American Christian community.

5. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Did you even read what he said? There's no way anyone can draw that conclusion.

6. wapz

wapz Member

<3 lin, staying humble. he just has to keep on working on his shots and improve as the years come by. We'll be there to support him!

[youtube]DrTHSijPISo[/youtube]

7. micactus

micactus Member

What a true Rocket fan!

Like being said, Lin will be ok (as an individual player). I don't see how Lin fans won't. You are not one of them to tell, are you?

At the end of the day, it was the Rockets that had to swallow a tough loss. I guess some Rocket "fans" are ok with that.

8. Star

Star Member

9. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

That's funny.
    So how did we lose the game?

10. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

I think there should be a healthy balance. In professional world, it's never about being nice to everyone or being liked by everyone, it's all about "usefulness". If you are useful to the organization, and act professionally, you will be treated better.

Sometimes, if people keep emphasizing how you are the nicest person, it means they will take advantage of you.

It happened to me once a few years back. At the time one of my project was close to delivery, the new boss decided to put me on another "mission critical" project and said he needed my expertise and leadership there. Meanwhile, he tried to put the guy he brought with him, to close/deliver my project. He went as far as announcing it to other departments about my new assignments.

I spoke to him directly, behind closed door. I told him that was my project, and I worked hard to that stage. It's a very visible project, and I believed me and my team deserved the recognition. I appreciate his trust to let me handle another key project, but I have to finish this one first. He went on with that how I am the nicest guy line, and said that new guy is great too. I told him it's not about the new guy, and if he wants me to take the new project, get me more resources. If the new guy is great, and willing to help, he can help me prepare the new project.

I told the boss that I didn't want to make a big deal out of it. The situation was solved. One year later, that boss was let go for some other reason. I am still liked and considered a very nice person, because I am useful, and I treat people fair, but I also want others to treat me fair.

One has to stand up for him/herself, coz no one else will do it for you.

1 person likes this.
  11. muas2010

muas2010 Member

All I need to hear "so whatever the coaches decide, it is what it is"....meaning the coach is a low life, but not a damn thing I can do about it, so might as well space out for the next 12 minutes and think about how to better my foundation.:grin:

12. BayAreaBaller

BayAreaBaller Member

Nice damage control article, LOL.

13. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

This is from Rockets.com, you think this appeared today was a coincidence? Rox PR forcing Lin to do damage control.

14. wapz

wapz Member

Time for lin to do a melo! >;P

but in all seriousness, props to you!

15. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

NeverMe Win said he thinks the hot hand should play. WRONG! He went to Harvard to learn that? And how do u have a hot hand unless u shoot!? This guy is suppose to be smart? He's an absolute dumbo, he's probably like that guy from Suits who lied about being from Harvard.

16. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

"I’m playing my brand of basketball so I’m happy about that and whatever time I get I just have to keep playing the way I play... so whatever the coaches decide, it is what it is."

Obviously he doesn't think there is anything wrong with the way he plays and doesn't believe the way he plays should be the reason he gets benched. Good for him!

17. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Suits probably heard too much noise....we'll see how McFail reacts to this tomorrow. I hight doubt Lin is going to be sitting too much in the 4th quarter for too long, unless there is a blowout.

18. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Love it! Good to know...that's how it should be.

If Jlin keeps beasting and still gets benched, Rockets fans outside of this board wll start asking questions.

19. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Yeah I agree....I've actually learned to be much more aggressive because the whole team player doesn't work in this world. Reminds me of the Harold and kumar movie where Harold gets screwed over at work for being the nice guy that works hard and keeps his mouth shut.

20. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

It's not the first time. Remember, he was benched in Portland and the next game was in LA. Lin was the ONLY Rocket to give a pre-game interview.