1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CSN] McHale after Rockets' tough loss to Mavericks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tminusrex, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

2. s3ts

s3ts Member

oh yeah, i can really tell that he's really pissed about how terrible he feels about the loss.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

if he is pissed, i would appreciate it if he would SHOW us that he's invested in this team.

seems to me that you didn't watch the video or any of his other reactions to losses. he only gets pissed at the people interviewing him, not at himself or how things went. i get it, he doesn't want bad press to mess up his team, and that might be a legitimate reason. but he's a lot smarter than you and i, i'm sure he can be careful and still handle the questions better even if he doesn't like the question.

this kind of behavior is very disrespectful to the fans and interviewers.

3. trock

trock Member

I just don't get the slightly overused 'how I feel' approach to who closes games. Asik and Lin are the best players at their position on this team. To me, it's not even close. They should be the default closers.

I get other players can have hot games, but, especially in the case of Lin, it seems like the 4th Quarter is Beverley's to lose in McHale's mind. Basically, Beverley comes in tail end of the 3Q, and if it's a blowout either way, he plays it out. If it's close and Beverley is playing anywhere near decent, he finishes it out. He's got to be playing like crap for Lin to get back in. It's getting odd. I don't believe he hates Lin, but clearly he thinks more of Beverley's game than Lin's. Why not just start him?

4. wapz

wapz Member

and this video woke me up some more

5. kastuul

kastuul Member

Great basketball players are not easy to be a great coaches because they have too much pride to admit their mistakes and grow with that.

6. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

Mchale is an idiot, our offense stuttered bad in the 4th before harden came back with beverely running the offense. Bail out 3s by parsons kept us in it.

Stupid not to stagger the minutes, + Beverley wasn't exactly providing good shooting, only defence which mattered even less in the last 5 minutes with the big offensive plays coming from Dirk and Mayo.

So stupid but most definitely doesn't trust Lin at all.

2 people like this.
  7. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

i just dont understand how someone who makes millions of dollars can make the SAME stupid mistake repeatedly. damn, this guy is really the worst coach I have seen for the Rox.

8. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

Thanks for the vid!

9. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

My friend, you shouldn't watch these games live, they will raise your blood pressure by at least 10%. You will live a much longer, stress free life.

10. Star

Star Member

I hope this is the last season McHale and Sampson being the Rocket's coaches. They are at best D-League calibur coaches.

I gave lots of credit for them in many of the wins but they are simply incapable to boost the team deep into the playoff.

So see ya McHale! You won't be missed next season.

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I can testify to this. Its not like my life is stress free anyways. This team is such a roalercoaster.

12. CertifiedTroll

PBev made a lot of great plays tonight. The foul at the end of the game wasn't even a foul, that being said he should not have even gotten close enough to give the refs the opportunity.

13. hotballa

i cant help it, i love this team and the direction we're headed in, not to mention the roster morey's constructed.

14. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

Let me guess before I watch.

McHale: I thought Patrick Beverley and Thomas Robinson gave us good energy.

OR

McHale: They played good.

Ami I right???

2 people like this.
  15. hotballa

+1 repped

16. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

LOL wow spot on.

17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

That's a situation where you want to stop the clock as quickly as possible. Laying off and hoping that he stumbles over the half court line is a major gamble. With the benefit of replay, we can see that maybe it would have happened. But when you're the guy who's asked to commit the foul on the guy with the ball, its not so easy gauge it in real time.

18. jacky c

jacky c Member

Two variables.
    1. Playing time during blowout games, garbage time.
    2. Playing time during crunch moments (4thQ, OT)

2, no 1. Harden,Parsons great players. You got to rest them in 1, for sure.
    2 and 1. Patrick Beverly, T-Rob. Young potential players that provides good values and they need time to grow, also they need crunch time experience because they are getting paid a lot!
    1, no 2. Dmo, Smith. Young potential players that needs to grow but can't risk them in crunch time if the game is on the line.
    no 1 and no 2. Scrubs! Asik, Lin. They don't need playing time whatsoever. We can't trust them when the game is on the line. We're trying to win the game for god's sake!:grin:

Please get rid of the overpaid scrubs during the off-season! They can't grow with meaningful crunch time minutes. And their values got so low plus still consuming a large salary cap. Disastrous! Just get the hell out of H-Town!SCRUBS Lin and Asik!:cool:

19. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

yep, they were just swinging the ball around the perimeter. they didn't have an idea what they were doing

20. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Just like the rookies need to earn their respect as players, I think McHale needs earn his as a coach.

What has he done as coach in this league so far? A one-time in season coaching/screwing up the Wolfs, then a short season with the Rockets which drove the starting PG out. Now he gave the game away by benching half of his starters for the entire 4th quarter, despite those players had a decent game up to that point?

The Rockets is not good enough to play other teams style, they only win because they the "Rockets Style", aka play fast & shoot 3s. What the f**k is he talking about "adjust to other team" here?

1 person likes this.