1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What noble cause are we coming up with this time?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by real_egal, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Redmark

Redmark Member

Geez you guys, he's being sarcastic. Look at his signature :rolleyes:

2. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

Sorry if I'm missing sarcasm but Asik is one of the best rebounders in the league...

3. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

should have put either :p or :rolleyes:

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

how the hell is this thread 5 stars? LOL at all the LOFs circle-jerking.

5. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Actually in the beginning of the season, I was wondering and posted to support the notion, that minutes of Harden and Lin could be staggered, to fully utilize their strengths. It's fine to trust a more inexperienced and even less accomplished player, just because your "gut feeling" or "eye test" tells you so, but do it openly and consistently. Say it out loud, I don't trust that guy, and I will have him come up from the bench, instead of faking how much I like this guy. This is a professional job, "like" should be about performance and ability.

One thing I can tell you is, if Lin comes up from the bench, even if he brings a spark and "plays very well", whoever is starting will not be sitting on the bench for the entire 4th quarter.

1 person likes this.
  6. Raven

Raven Member

Not anymore. Not for this team.

7. real_egal

Rating is always overrated - please see triple A rated junk securities, or your own green squares under your name while only thing you could contribute is name-calling.

1 person likes this.
  8. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

When was the last time a coach bench two of the starters for the WHOLE 4th quarter?

9. SirKen

SirKen Member

Ouch, that was a big burn. Remind me to never piss you off:grin:

10. GWST11

GWST11 Member

Oops my bad, didn't even notice it was charles_red, I joined 4 years ago but only recently started chatting on this forum, so give me a break :grin:

11. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

I just saw this interesting post by Hous-TO-n:

Statistics of last 5 min this season:

Code:
    Jeremy Lin
    GP  FG%    3FG%   FT%    AST  TO  STL  PTS   eFG%    TS%    USG%
    26  54.2%  60.0%  78.9%   5   3    4   44    60.4%   68.0%  21.8%

James Harden
    GP  FG%    3FG%   FT%    AST  TO  STL  PTS   eFG%    TS%    USG%
    31  43.1%  29.4%  85.7%  12   11   4   98    47.5%   60.3%  37.9%

Carlos Delfino
    GP  FG%    3FG%   FT%    AST  To  STL  PTS   eFG%    TS%    USG%
    24  38.9%  33.3%  100%    4   1    1   21    45.0%   49.2%  14.5%

Patrick Beverly
    GP  FG%    3FG%   FT%    AST  To  STL  PTS   eFG%    TS%    USG%
    6   33.3%  50.0%   /      1   1    0    6    50.0%   50.0%  19.6%

12. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

When the team is losing the entire game and bridges an 11 pt deficit with that specific momentum carrying lineup.

13. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

yes, they brought the game back to within striking distance. even took a lead at one point.

and that's all bench players will help your team. they rarely going to win you games down the stretch.

14. SirKen

SirKen Member

That lineup played pretty much a quarter or more. I guess bench players don't get tired. And let's not forget that their performance was not exactly against mavs starters.

Also kudos for not getting embarassed and calling it a day. After getting called by real_egal like that, I would have deleted my account.

15. real_egal

In other words, whenever a backup has a better +/- at any moment of the game, he should just play on to the end in place of the starter. I got the memo. Thanks.

Oh wait, did I miss an asterisk somewhere, that golden rule only applies when the said starter is named Jeremy Lin?

16. jacky c

jacky c Member

LOH: Fxxk that, you must be creating this bs in your fantasy land. Man never change. End of story.:grin:
    Good news is, if Lin's that good, he's going to shine anyway and screw LOH.

Obviously, being an observer, many die hard rockets fans who are not 2012ers, are gradually but adamantly joining the so-called "LOF" camp. Those LOH are like real human beings surrounding by more and more infected Walking dead (LOF). Funny though.:cool:

17. Albinoswordfish

I get your logic but I also don't get how you can play your backup PG for 15 straight minutes without any rest. It wasn't like he was on fire (0 pts 7 assts).

I'm kind of curious to see how many different lineups there have been in the last 5 minutes for games decided by 5 pts or less. It seems like to me it's different every time which might explain why they have such a poor record for close games.

18. xelloss12

xelloss12 Contributing Member

I think you mean 7 point deficit. The score was 83-76 when Lin came out.

I'm pretty sure most coaches wouldn't bench their starters for the entire 4th if their bench made up an 11 point deficit, much less a 7 point one.

19. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

I guarantee you that otherwise, we would have lost by a lot more. "Getting called out" wtf are you talking about? Is this some sort of highschool class or something? Yea I can see someone as insecure as you deleting your account, but it should probably come about due to the fact you waste this site's bandwidth with your useless posts.

20. BlueJazz

BlueJazz Member

I understand playing Bevereley over Lin in crunch time when Bevereley was scorching hot (like the Orlando game). But tonight Lin doesn't deserved to be benched.