1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

That's his problem munco, he really needs to stop this "hot hand" crap. He completely exaggerates everything.

Bench players giving a nice little spark (as they should)? Let them finish the game!!!!!
    Harden ISO worked once? Run it the rest of the game and forget about ball movement!!

About Lin - what hot hand did Bevs have? he had 0 pts lol
    About Asik - grabbed 15 rebs in 22min, while TRob got 4 in 27min.

The "hot hands" were the consecutive 3's from Delfino, Garcia and Parsons who cut the big lead to 1 pt. He's so full of crap.

2. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Like ive said many many times whenever the moronic coaches do crap like this. The mchale idiots do not give one crap about developing players. Not one. All they care about is not losing. They coach the 4th qtr to not lose, rather than trying to win. I KNEW they would pull this crap again. Omers got a double double but somehow he gets only 22 minutes??

Hey mcmoron how much did we beat them by last time by making them adjust to us rather than the other way around? And are you frigging blind at how beverly s lack of offensive skill completely effs up hardens game? Do you not care at all? When has benching any of our starters for an entire quarter EVER worked this year? They are the effing starters for a reason.

You are a worthlss coach and we are winning despite your loser "I need to pay my bills" coaching mentality. Your lucky les completely screwed the pooch with the adelman situation or youd be unemployed right now. I give you credit for having a good gameplan but why the hell do you insist on throwing it out the window every damn time the fourth quarter is tight? How the hell are the starters supposed to learn how to win these situations if you just forget everything and dump it on harden. He shot 5-17 today. He plays 40 minutez a game. Get a effing grip on your cowardly coaching attitude in the fourth and show some faith in your team.

1 person likes this.
  3. brick

brick Member

I have seen this for the season every time right after the Rockets blow out a team. The coach seems to be concerned with something other than a fluid win.

4. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I agree with you on that -- I also did not like the offensive play calling at the end of the game, for the exact reason you stated.

I just had no issue with not playing Lin or Asik for the fourth -- though I do think he should have had Asik in the game on offense only for the last few possessions.

5. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

WOW. That does not do any good to your own health man. They will out-number you, and out-last you.

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Its strong verbiage no doubt, but I feel its necessary in this case. The sport star politicking on this site is ridiculous. Either your sports star politicking or you just have no idea about the basic fundamentals of the game.

I just wish certain people would say.. I really dont like the Rockets, I like X player so Im going to hate on Y player, and Z coach if they dont cater to my wish to just see X player play 48 minutes a night with every offensive play going through my hands.

At least be honest about it. If you just dont understand the basic fundamentals of the game, you probably should be informed about it.

7. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Dude how is this any different than you somehow defending mchales coaching tonight just because you can't stand the lofs so much?

How can a coach make the same mistake twice??? Benching omer and lin lost us the first game and lost us this game again. We beat them last game because we forced them to adjust to our game.

8. mirdirir

mirdirir Member

i always see mchale come up with smt to give away W's but something different this time.

you may not like games of both asik and lin, but if you want to play small ball, you need to have an anchor on post. and 6'9 rookie wont do it. i mean guy has 15 rebounds in 22 mins, he also scored 12 with 5 shots.

yea he cant make free-throws. alright. but you cant defend nowitzki with delfino or parsons even if he is 50 years old. he should have defend dirk with robinson, and have asik cover inside.

9. ausbear

ausbear Member

Hey Morey listen to this:

Fire McFail!

10. jetwave

jetwave Member

This game got me more frustrated than the loss to the Bucks. I can't blame this loss on our players cause all of them played well. One thing I can take away is that Mchale needs to know how to manage player's minutes. Nearly every close game its either Parsons or Harden playing 40+ minutes. That kind of playing time can cause injuries to our top 2 offensive players. Also, playing T-Rob and Patrick was a good move for defensive purposes and was working. However, these two are essentially rookies and played the whole 4th quarter. I know they do bring ton of energy on the floor, but if Mchale gives them this amount of trust to the rookies in crunch time, how much trust does he places in Lin, Asik, and D-Mo(who just became part of the starting line-up)? Even if we lost had Mchale made good rotations at least our starters will gain some experience. Win or lose its a much better risk in playing the starters than surrounding Parsons and Harden with rookies.

11. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

You're wrong man Delfino and Parsons are the Rockets best defenders, they can guard Dirk no sweat. Asik and Lin are defensive liabilities. We need to go small in order to win in the clutch.

8-17 in games decided by 8 points or less.

Nah but seriously, we need to get T-Rob to learn how to play Centre and Delfino and Parsons can keep locking down PFs. We can't have that liability Asik in the middle during crunch time.

Worst record amongst play-offs seeded teams in games decided by 8 points or less.

What we need is more three point shooting and to run even smaller when we struggle to close out games. If you disagree you're obviously a LOF.

12. Jovial

Jovial Member

Fire McHale!!! He's the worst coach in NBA.
    This game might cost us a good position in playoff

13. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

There are two words that are foreign to McHale's vocabulary ever since he took up coaching.

Rebounding and Defense.

14. wapz

wapz Member

i wonder lin can pull a coup against mchale, get hime fired

melo style 8)

15. dobro1229

How did my post earlier have anything to do with me defending McHale? Its an explanation of why the decisions were made, but Im not saying they were 100% correct. Explaining the game, and agreeing with the decisions are two separate things.

However, the game wasn't lost IMO in the last 49 minutes, it was lost in the 3rd quarter with the absolute piss poor defense, and lazy rotations after the 2nd pass to open 3 point shooters. Or just simply backing off of a red hot Vince Carter on a dribble up 3. The Rockets had no business winning this game to be honest with you.

And no I dont want to just fire up the LOF'ers. I try to add some value to my posts for those who care to figure out why certain plays were called and why decisions might or might not have been made on defense.

Its very frustrating that some posters on here just want to hear what they want to hear... which is basically just straight up b****ing, and calling the coach an idiot. I dont care about disagreeable fans, but at least add some thought and analysis to your b****ing. Torcaron or whatever his name is does a great job at this. LOF's should learn how to b**** from that poster.

16. titanfan

titanfan Member

ivanny 2000=mantei tao

17. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

8-17

How does that work for an argument?

18. dobro1229

-Quick note, are we just going to forget about all the whining and complaining a few days ago about Robinson leap-frogging Jones for minutes already??

Looks like the coaches knew what they saw in Robinson. Despite the loss, his play was very encouraging. Has the natural skill-set the Rockets desperately need.

Ok... back to the negativity thread....

19. Ultimate6thMan

I would have loved it if at some point in the 4th quarter, Harden would have told McFail, "I ain't going back in the game until you put Lin and Asik back in...I want to win this ****ing game!"

I know it would never happen cause Harden is too much of a professional, but damn, that would be great theater.

20. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Robinson has the natural skill-set to be our crunch time Centre.