1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stop blaming the refs!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Nov 7, 2012.

1. LandryFields

LandryFields Member

if anyone wants to blame the refs for this game, go watch the last quarter of the Hornets/Lakers game and tell me if you still feel like complaining afterwards. The onus is on the Rockets

2. cml750

cml750 Member

I call them like I see them. They overturned calls without clear evidence. I am not saying Stern is rigging anything but anyone who watched this game could see they made bad calls that cost us.

3. Anxiety Trooper

Exactly. That's how replay works. That was not what the refs did tonight. They used interpretations because video evidence was lacking.

4. Homie3

Homie3 Member

Dude, are you getting paid by the league or something? I mean, I get you want the Rockets to play hard enough to win despite the calls, but you gotta be honest with yourself and realize this game's reffin was NOT even...

5. psingh34

psingh34 Member

is there anything else we would like for us to do ... .. should we stop hating dallas? should we stop blaming everyone involved for us not getting to watch the rockets? please sir .. you seem to think you can tell us how to think so dont just stop at this game

6. StevieCrossover

Actually it was harden with the ball pretty much all possession. Teams already know to throw all your man to guard harden. Rarely does harden pass under crunch time situation. Harden may have been clutch in times before but it seems when I watch its always a turnover.

7. KillScarz

KillScarz Member

YUP! That Lin shot was a 3! Marion stayed fouling Harden despite commentators praising his D, which he is a great defender but replays tell you what really happened! Plus, the last instant replay call showed Harden being fould like "Oh ****, we missed that, lets give the ball to the mavs!"

8. psingh34

psingh34 Member

refs miss calls here and there so there is no point in arguing about those..what i dont get is the lin 3 there was no way there was indisputable evidence that would have allowed them to overturn it...even the mavs announcers were saying it will count. mavs announcers were joking that you had to win the instant replays to win the game .. and that is exactly what happened

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

OK the Lin shot aside, the refs were clearly favoring the Mavs through the first 3 quarters. So many of our players violently hacked and no calls. Then Carter is dribbling the ball and Del3no or Parsons D's up... foul.

We only got a couple of calls going our way late in the 4th. Dirk's T helped. However 1 quarter out of 4 is not a fair game.

10. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

is your name homie3 or HOMER3? :confused:

11. cml750

cml750 Member

Agreed. It was really pitiful tonight. Much worse than usual.

12. Homie3

Homie3 Member

How is that relevant to the discussion at all?

13. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

This is exactly how bad officiating survives. Exactly.

They have a job to do. Why can't they be held accountable if they don't do it correctly? Yes, the Rockets could've shot 100% from the field and won in spite of them. Why does that change the fact that the officials failed at their assigned duties? Why can that not be pointed out?

3 people like this.
  14. Homie3

Homie3 Member

Truth

15. SupeR2706

SupeR2706 Member

Does anyone else but me think its BS that Dirk was seconds away from getting tossed until the ref was stopped?!?!

16. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Cuban in Dallas. Par for the course;

(If there's any consolation, though, it's that this same mentality led Cuban to break up a championship team. He's so used to getting his way, courtesy of his "influence", that he assumed the likes of Deron and Dwight would happily sign in Dallas alongside he and old-man Dirk. Fortunately for us, NBA superstars are tougher to convince than officials.)

17. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

we ran no offensive sets in the 4th qtr! you can't expect to in a close game like that!

18. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

This is one of the reasons why officiating will never improve in the NBA. The league has done nothing to address this problem and instead, avoid it and issue out fines to anyone who mention the officials under their breath.

If the officials were held accountable for their mistakes, they will learn from it and the officiating will only improve. But David Stern continues to cover for his officials and Stern's moto for them is "the officials are always correct"...

Since the All Star game, the officials have not been fair to Houston at all while the Lakers are having an advantage against their opponents. I know for a fact that Stern is doing whatever he can to get the Lakers in the playoffs, for his precious ratings. He can't careless whether Houston or Utah fell out of the playoffs because of the officiating.

Because of the unfair officiating lately, the Rockets basically have to play a mere perfect game to win. Otherwise, it be a 5 against 8. There's no way the Rockets can win close games in this type of situation.

For those of you that don't believe me and think I'm crazy for saying that Stern is rigging for the Lakers to get in the playoffs, then you should really take a close look at Stern. This isn't the first time for David Stern. He had pulled this types of stunt over the past before. The league has sent officials numerous emails during pregame over the past about objectives that the officials must follow. Stern never cared about the integrity of the game, just ratings. He's turning the NBA into WWE.

19. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

Damn you guys whine alot. Both refs were going to call a T on Dirk for the same offense. That's why only one was called. The out of bounds call with 6 seconds was off Harden-they got it right. I know they missed some. Nowitski blatantly pushed Chandler one time and there were some other calls probably. They probably missed some the other way, also. Nothing worse than some whining ass fans blaming the refs. Rockets played like crap for most of the game. They're still in 7th....they just need to forget this one and get ready for GS and Phoenix.

20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

[​IMG]