1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is it time to forgive T-MAC?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Orange, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Hey if he's supporting the rockets while not playing anymore why not welcome him back as a fan and former rocket?

2. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

the reality is the rockets have not won anything since 1995 so how can you like any rockets player since then? did rick adelman win us a championship? :confused:

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You know when Tracy ditched the team, I really enjoyed how Yao Ming, Ron Artest, Rick Adelman, Battier, Scola, and the rest rallied together and finally won a playoff series.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hb9CWnqaASQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That proved to the Rockets, the fans, the rest of the NBA, that teamwork and heart > diva superstar.

4. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

LeBron humiliated Cleveland and then won a championship for Miami 2 years later. T-Mac isn't even a starter in this league anymore. Resenting T-Mac is like resenting a 3rd cousin, it's like who cares, move on lol.

5. Mock

Mock Member

Tracy Mcgrady was injured, he didn't leave........ If T-Mac was healthy I guarantee you that they would of made it to the championship.

6. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

so your standards are winning a playoff series? you're content with that? LOL.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

says a guy who's favorite player can't win a playoff series in america or even qualify in china.

says a guy who falsely credits one player who didn't play all the games in a 22 game winning streak as solely his doing

McGrady fans have no standards, that's what makes them McGrady fans

1 person likes this.
  8. tinman

Supporting Member

He said he was healthy. this is from the same year.

if you say you are healthy and you are not healthy, doesn't that make you a liar?

http://www.clutchfans.net/news/1510/t-mac_says_he_feels_back_to_old_self/

T-Mac says he feels back to old self

McGrady knows fans are frustrated, but says his conditioning has returned

TUESDAY, JANUARY 20, 2009 7:45 PM CST

By Clutch
    Copyright 2009 ClutchFans.net

Tracy McGrady returned to practice with the Rockets on Tuesday, eyeing a possible return when the Rockets get out on the road late in the week.
    Afterwards, T-Mac was looking to win back a few fans.

Local Channel 2 went to McGrady's home to talk with him and his trainer Wayne Hall, and both said T-Mac has made major strides during this recent stretch where has sat out.

"The knee feels good," said McGrady. "I'm confident about it. That was something I was lacking. I tried to come back early and I didn't have the physical and mental aspect to go out there and compete against some of the best players in the world. It just didn't work out for me, but now I feel like I'm back."

9. Crank

Crank Member

[​IMG]

10. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

The thing I don't understand is why does tinman refer to people who don't bash Tracy as McGrady fans. If we were T-Mac fans then why would we still be here posting 4 years after he was traded (including 3 straight seasons of missing the playoffs)? It was fine a few years ago, I guess. But obviously someone posting something nice about Tracy in 2013 on a Rockets message board is not a T-Mac only fan.

11. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

If injuries where not a factor I feel you. I would take him healthy over Kobe any day but
    I hate Kobe ten times as much as these haters hate T-Mac

12. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

man, thanks for posting this video again. i haven't seen it in a while. t-mac is so amazing. #clutchgene

13. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The reason he needed 13 in 33 seconds is because he stunk it up prior to then. That was the most boring game up to that point which is why the seats were empty.

14. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Seriously? Honestly, I don't even know what type of guy can complain about one of the most exciting moments in sport's history I have ever witnessed. :rolleyes:

15. tinman

Supporting Member

rockbox just proved that he saw that game and was right, people were leaving cause they thought the game was over.

oh, i'm pretty sure rockbox has seen more exciting moments in Rockets history than one regular season game.

that team that we beat, how'd they do? that guy Tim Duncan how'd he do?

16. tinman

Supporting Member

Kobe is the reason why Tracy McGrady fans exists.

It's simply because he's:

a. a better overall player
    b. has more team accomplishments
    c. has more individual accomplishments

You are a perfect example of McGrady fan logic,

You'll take the guy with a questionable leadership and health and passion over a player with none of those weaknesses.

why? jealousy.

Is McGrady talented? yes. does talent win championships alone? no.
    it takes more.

McGrady fans don't realize what the 'more' is. Hint, it's not 'if he was healthy'.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

Yes, the decision was not great for PR, but he technically was not obligated to sign with them.

Tell the T-mac fans that's he's not a starter in this league. People here are begging Morey to sign him.

Nobody dislikes McGrady just like nobody dislikes Jeremy Lin.

It's his fans. read the thread, people are saying they'd rather take him over Kobe, then bust out the "IF HE " crap

it's like 13 what ifs in 33 seconds

18. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

so you like tracy mcgrady? tinmac is a TOF!

19. tinman

Supporting Member

I like Daryl Morey and Jeff Van Gundy

check this out:
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/ba...1/03/04/van-gundy-morey-rail-against-mcgrady/
    Van Gundy, Morey call out McGrady

Perhaps it was inevitable with the heavy Rockets flavor on the panel, but the discussion quickly to turned to Tracy McGrady — in an unfavorable way. “Tracy McGrady was 1,000 hours of practice,” Van Gundy said, to some pretty loud laughs.

Poor T-Mac. But it wasn’t over, yet. Van Gundy came back to McGrady later: “I like a lot of things about Tracy McGrady. I just wish I could have changed his practice habits and his mentality.”

he point of the panel, which features Jeff Van Gundy and Houston Rockets’ GM Daryl Morey, is ostensibly to talk about things like the concept of “natural talent,” the importance of work ethic and how to weigh those variables in the draft and in free agency.

20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

This is absolute GOLD coming from a die hard McGrady fan! :grin:

What McGrady wouldnt give to win a playoff series
    in China.